Thread: 2600 Barton + A7V8X-X

Thanks

2600 Barton + A7V8X-X

Hi,

Any idea what the Max stable OC would be with a PC3200 DDR ram at stock voltage and what the voltage should be for an OC of 2300 (11.5X200)?

Thanks

Vijay

Thanks
    • McMav's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
      • CPU:
      • Intel C2Q Q9550 @ 3.4
      • Memory:
      • 4GB kingston Hyperx pc8500
      • Storage:
      • 160GB WD SATA2 500 GB Sammy
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HIS 6870 1GB
      • PSU:
      • 520W Corsair Modular
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Hyundai BlueH
      • Internet:
      • 10Mbit Virgin cable
    this board doesnt have pci lock on it so you at 200 your pci devices will be hammered.

did BiT-Tech Bcc NVIDIA PR into a private email sent to ATI Technologies?...
    Thanks
    Disclaimer: before you read this post, please be aware that high PCI clocks can cause hard disk corruption, please ensure that all of your CRITICAL files are backed up before attempting this, I will not be held responsible for the possibility of hard drive corruption. On saying this, a good quality hard drive, such as a maxtor, seagate or western digital should be able to handle 40Mhz PCI clocks.

This board lacks a 1:6 fsb : pci divider, along with lacking a 5:6 fsb : mem bus divider.

SO.....

It depends on whether you're using the onboard IDE channels, and whether you have an ATi graphics card or not...

Lets take a look at the possible scenarios, ATi video cards don't like more than 72-74Mhz AGP bus. nVidia cards can run right up to around 99Mhz AGP bus.

If you're using the onboard IDE channels with an nVidia card, I reckon you could get up to a safe 38-39Mhz PCI with a good quality hard drive, so lets say a max of around 190-195fsb.

If you're using the onboard IDE channels along with an ATi video card, the max you will be able to achieve before the graphics card craps out is 72-74Mhz AGP, which is 36-37Mhz PCI bus, this should be safe on a good quality hard drive. So the max FSB you will be able to achieve with an ATi card will be around 180-185fsb.

However if you're using a 66Mhz PCI IDE card, and an nVidia card, you can run the AGP bus right up to 99Mhz, which would give you 49.5Mhz PCI clock (all of your other PCI cards would need to be rated above 33Mhz as well, creative soundcards are a sucker for not liking high PCI clocks), which would mean you could achieve 247.5Mhz fsb. Realistically, you're not going to get to 247.5x11.5 with out some form of supercooling and a very good processor, so take this as more of a theoretical maximum rather than something which you're going to set your heart on achieving

These are front side buses which are based on my own experiences with VIA motherboards and the IDE bus running at high speeds, yes... I've had fun with hard drive corruption and not backing up important files, I lost them, so learn from my mistake and back up anything that is critical.

Hope this helps u
    Last edited by bigZ; 09-02-2004 at 07:57 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks McMav and Big Z.

Will take your advice to heart and stay with the stock for now.

Vijay

Thanks
    Mac Mav and Big Z,

What about 17(0r higher)X133 do you think thats do able?

Thanks,

Vijay

did BiT-Tech Bcc NVIDIA PR into a private email sent to ATI Technologies?...
    Thanks
    doubt it, most unlocked AMD processors dont like more than a 15x multi. You wont see as much of an increase with increasing the multiplier as you will from increasing the front side bus.

Thread Information