Thread: E-Buyer, and my trials!

Thanks

E-Buyer, and my trials!

Hi,

Some will remember me from last week regarding my order from E-Buyer, the 3000+ 400fsb CPU which I was supposed to recieve and instead I recieved the 3000+ 333fsb chip. Well I also recieved a 17" monitor instead of a 19" monitor too.
    Anyway, to cut a long story short, I applied for an RMA on those two and at the same time ordered the items AGAIN for next day delivery, these didnt come when they were supposed to as E-Buyer were having a 'massive backlog of returns to deal with' - well no rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish! Myabe if they got people to send out the right goods to begin with, they wouldnt have those problems eh?

Anyway, On chasing this second order up (which they had alredy screwed up once remember) I was told the CPU was out of stock! grrrr! Impossible I said (via email, you try getting through on landline) as when PAYMENT was taken there were 4 of these CPU's. So he said "i'll see what I can do" and lo and behold, then minutes later my order was listed as 'Dispatched' on the website! HOORAHH! you may think?
    Ahemmm. well it arrived and the monitor was correct, but - you guessed it - The CPu was the exact same 3000+ 333fsb edition AGAIN! (i was building up a collection of these at this point). SO, today I managed to ring them on my mobile (on hold for 30 mins) and got through to a woman in Complaints who I negotiated with and asked her to check if these chip were in-stock because I ha da suspicion that they didnt realise they were sending out the 333 chip instead of the 400 chip..... They DIDN'T realise and I was right!! How many people have this wrong chip and don't know? quite a few who know no better i should imagine?

Anyway, because they were out of stock and I had got huge phone bills and delivery charges etc (which they say will be refunded anyway) plus the money i've lost on the order - they are sending me a 3200+ 400fsb instead which is £40+vat more on the website so im ok with that! Although I am VERY annoyed at the hassle and I think the only reason I was taken seriously is because my brother is a South Yorkshire police constable and he actually turned up at E-Buyer the other day.... hehe

Anyway, a cautionary tale i think. E-Buyer are great when everything sok but if owt goes wrong - BEWARE!!!

SO if you think you got a 3000+ 400fsb check your manafacturer label and if it ends in a 'D' you got the 333 and if it ends in 'E' then you got the 400 edition.

Cheers!

DaZ

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Well, at the end of the day, at least you got through to someone and you got a better CPU for your hassle's. I'm thinking about forgetting my £25 parcel with Parcelforce as they don't seem able to grasp the delivery concept.

Thanks
    not sure which £25 you mean, have u had some hassles lately (or am i opening up old wounds?)

Anyway, so if the 3000+ 400 is on a 10.5 multiplier, what is the 3200+ multiplier and what do you reckon I will get out of it (fsb max) on a K7N2-L Delta with 2x512mb 3200 TwinMos on TwinMos?
    any ball park guesses? and I can tell you the truth of it tomorrow

In a place called VERTIGO CrapshoT's Avatar
    Thanks
    im sure the 3200xp is a 11 multiplier as for your max fsb id say youd probably get around 210 fsb maybe a little higher
    Farts are like children.....You always love you're Own.!!!
    Wise Men learn from Other people's mistake's...Fool's learn from their OWN.!!!

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by daz_uk
    not sure which £25 you mean, have u had some hassles lately (or am i opening up old wounds?)
    Read my Parcelforce thread...

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=13396

Thanks
    taking in to account my sys specs in first post, and assuming the multiplier is 11 on a 3200+ then what would YOU (any of you) do with the machine? lower the multiplier or raise it etc. lower timings to try and get higher fsb etc...
    tell me your advice!

Thanks
    e-buyer are rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish!i ordered a USB steering wheel and they sent me a game port one.Great i dont have a game port!also they expected me to wait 90days for a crap £2 cable.so i canceled my order and got it from overclockers.Parcel Force are also crap.take to long to arrive!

Thanks
    The prices are hard to beat and I always go back to them but they really need to check their deliveries before sending them.
    My last 2 cases, the fronts were smashed and hanging off, I couldn't be hassled with returning them so glued them back on, I have also had things missing from my order.

Thanks
    id try and find my max fsb first before trying to change the multiplier

dgr
    Thanks
    quick question - if one was overclocking, which would you prefer? a 3000 at 200 * low mult. or 166 * high mult?

given that increasing fsb usually gives better performance, would the 166 give better headroom? especially factoring in the extra cash necessary for RAM/MB that can suppot higher fsbs than 200ish.

dgr
    dothan 745 @ 2.4ghz | 2gb Corsair XMS (2-3-3-6) | dual raptors (raid0) | ATI 9700pro | CM201 | dual lg 1810

Thanks
    a 200 fsb will increase your performance a bigger bandwith is better than a higher multiplier
    i can run my cpu at 12.5 x 178fsb which is roughly 2.2 my 3d2001 score is around 14,500 but if i run it at 11x 200fsb my sores are 17,000 but im lucky enough to have a mobo and ram thatll do 200 fsb

Thanks
    • DeludedGuy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H87M-HD3
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 4440
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 1800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250GB Samsung 840 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte R9 270 OC 2GB
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet Pure Power L8 600w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell U2414H
      • Internet:
      • 75Mb BT Infinity
    Ive placed about 7 Different orders with Ebuyer, all of them £200+ and I have never recieved a damaged item, or wrong item. I cant fault Ebuyer, they have a great site, low prices, and so far, a great service.

Thread Information