Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laptop LCD -> VGA

Thanks

Re: Laptop LCD -> VGA

You need to find out which lead on the LCD connector has what purpose, and match those up with the equivalent outputs from the new motherboard. Short of circuit diagrams, lead labels and pin-out specifications, we can't easily do much more via a forum to help. You can certainly get details of the pico-itx side, but for the lead itself from the LCD controller you will either need to be more resourceful than a simple google search, or to backtrace from the leads to the controller circuitry and then look up the data sheets for those integrated circuits.

As I have already noted, unless your LCD has a separate feed for power, some of those lines will be for powering the display, and it is those that will make this especially hard (as you will not be able to simply tap off an existing connection from most motherboards).

In all seriousness, this is a big and very difficult undertaking, and although it is technically possible, it is not a good introduction by any means into reverse engineering and electrical system hacking.

Thanks
    • nagatyh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ECS A780GM-A
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
      • Memory:
      • 6GB DDR-II 800
      • Storage:
      • 3x WD5000AAKS RAID-0 / WD10EARS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor HD5770 1GB
      • PSU:
      • Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 650W
      • Case:
      • Gigabyte Setto 1000
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ultimate x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Xerox 19"w LCD

thnx rosaline.. i appreciate ur help..

Thanks

Hi all,

I just wanted to see whether it might still be possible to solve this dilemma, as I've also been wanting to get this screen working with a variant of the following motherboard ( www avalue com tw / products / ECM-3611.cfm ) (sorry! had to do this because i can't post any links, being a new member!) for quite some time...

Tonight I decided to begin disassembling the screen and fished around for info on its individual IC's, and I came across this: www national com / mpf / DS / DS90CF364.html (the specific IC on the screen's main board is a DS90CF364MTD)

Another IC that is on the same board is a Sharp LZ9FJ51: www theicstock com / stock-LZ9 / LZ9FJ51.html

Here's a photo of the back of the IC board: omploader org / vM29lNw / IMG_0937.JPG

The IC seen on the left is the LVDS receiver. It is the IC that is nearest to the connector.

Rosaline, would this additional information help when it comes to trying to figure out the pinout of the screen's (20 pin) LVDS connector? If so, I would be more than happy to follow (non-destructive) instructions on how to reverse engineer this thing as to figure out what the pinout of the LVDS connector should be... Any hints would be more than welcome! :-)

Thanks in advance for your help!
    -uriah

Thanks

Hello,

For anyone interested, I just found some more info on the LVDS receiver of this LCD screen:

www .datasheetarchive. com / DS90CF364-datasheet.html

This was pretty much all I needed... Right?

-uriah

Thread Information