• Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic Q22wb 22" Widescreen - 5ms
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

Re: Which PSU ?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    I knew this would get your back up

Ok let me start my correcting you, we do have a relationship with Corsair but this does not mean I would personally recomend them just on the basis of that. How you find this mis-leading is quite franky insane I will point out your in-correctness (if thats a word) I point out the 5 year warranty because it is a good selling point if it becomes faulty within the 5 years you as you state send it back to Scan in this case where the OP is asking for recomendations do you think I would recomend him the Corsair then tell him to buy it from a competitor? £10 extra for a better warranty which is with Scan and not an external handler and performance wise vertually the same if not better and by your own statement not mine Enermax's RMA being slow I know which one I would choose.

So my recomendation now being explained properly seems to make sense and hopefully not mis-leading
    It didnt get my back up. Why would i when i made a case for Corsair aswell (or did you not read that part? ) Im just saying your facts were not great to back up you claim that Corsair is the 'best choice'.
    I pointed out that posting under the 'Scan' banner as you do, i find it hard to believe you would recommend anything else. You know aswell as i do that we are just enthusiasts and not PSU testers/manufacturers. This is why you can recommend a PSU, with little validity as to why, and people will buy them. You work for Scan, (not sure in what capacity), but unless you are in the technical department building with these units all day long, you would be no more aware of a good unit than anyone else. Is that fair assumption? Even if you were in the technical department, i doubt you would have a greater knowledge of all these components anyway as the builds are set rather than pick and chose arent they?

I found your comment misleading because, besides the warranty, which is little more than a gimmick anyway, there is nothing else to suggest the Corsair units are better, whereas there are plenty of points i raised to suggest the Enermax is overall a better quality unit. The warranty situation is neither here or there. VERY FEW people here would keep a PSU 5 years anyway so as a selling tool its very good . Having a genuine use though is another matter.

The point i made regarding the Eneramx RMA process is a fact that i included to support Corsair so i still didnt actually make a case for buying one over another (besides warranty).

Quality - Enermax
    Warranty/Lower Cost - Corsair

Would you agree with that? If not, then why?

I just find it really odd that you thought i was getting riled when i made a good case for both units. Although i think the Enermax units are overall a superior quality, i have never said Corsair units were poor. I own one so why would i?

Quote Originally Posted by zaphox View Post
    Think I'm sold on the Corsair 520w now too!
    And rightly so. At the lower cost its good value.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    You would get a replacement Unit.
    Which is exceptional. There is no denying that.
    Is that immediately after being found faulty though? If so, even better.
    Last edited by Blitzen; 04-06-2008 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    It didnt get my back up. Why would i when i made a case for Corsair aswell (or did you not read that part? ) Im just saying your facts were non-existent to back up you claim that Corsair is the 'best choice'.
    I pointed out that posting under the 'Scan' banner as you do, i find it hard to believe you would recommend anything else. You know aswell as i do that we are just enthusiasts and not PSU testers/manufacturers. This is why you can recommend a PSU, with little validity as to why, and people will buy them. You work for Scan, (not sure in what capacity), but unless you are in the technical department building with these units all day long, you are no more aware of a good unit than anyone else. Is that fair? Even if you were in the technical department, i doubt you would have a greater knowledge of all these components anyway as the builds are set rather than pick and chose arent they?

I found your comment misleading because, besides the warranty, which is little more than a gimmick anyway, there is nothing else to suggest the Corsair units are better, whereas there are plenty of points i raised to suggest the Enermax is overall a better quality unit. The warranty situation is neither here or there. VERY FEW people here would keep a PSU 5 years anyway so as a selling tool its very good. Having a genuine use though is another matter.

The point i made regarding the Eneramx RMA process is a fact that i included to support Corsair so i still didnt actually make a case for buying one over another (besides warranty).

Quality - Enermax
    Warranty/Lower Cost - Corsair

Would you agree with that? If not, then why?

And rightly so. At the lower cost its good value.
    Wow how do you find it hard that I would not recomend anything else I certainly do not work like that and it actually offends me you can suggest that I would. I have told you in the last post " (or did you not read that part? )" that I am not obliged to recomend Corsair just because we sell them I am here for good advice and surly if you have facts to suggest otherwise please feel free to enlighten me. I do work at Scan it seems well worked out and to what capacity that is is not of your concern and it also does not give you the right to judge my technical ability. If you would like to know yes I work in Sales if you can read the writing above my Avatar but how does that suggest I know nothing about RMA rates and quality? You cant be so far from the truth obviously you are clueless with your suggestions and thought up a few words to reply to a post you could not sensibly reply to.

Facts are

1) Both Very Similar in Quality
    2) Corsair actually one of the most under rated PSU's 520w is an understatment of what actually it outputs
    3) Corsair better Warranty

I was having a little banter with you before but obviously you took it personally your reply proves that with your attempt to belittle me

Facts dont make assumptions just discussions

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Registered+
    Thanks

Very pleased with My Corsair, defo recommend them, especially for important machines!

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Quad Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz : 30 Degrees Idle - 41-46 Degrees Load
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 1GB OCZ Platinum PC6400 @ 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500GB Samsung Spinpoints - RAID 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

Calm down......blimey.

I do work at Scan it seems well worked out and to what capacity that is is not of your concern and it also does not give you the right to judge my technical ability. If you would like to know yes I work in Sales if you can read the writing above my Avatar but how does that suggest I know nothing about RMA rates and quality?
    I didnt judge your technical ability. I plainly said that i doubt that its any better than most people's here.
    I also made no attempt to belittle you. I asked a question and thats all.

You cant be so far from the truth obviously you are clueless with your suggestions
    I gave you facts based on being very familiar with both units. All you gave were opinions. Does that make me cluless on this. No. I also dont think i know more about it. I probably dont. At least i attempt to give some reasoning to it.
    Out of the three reasons you gave only the warranty returns one has any substance to it.

Look at it this way:
    If someone posted on your section of the forum that your service was poor (just an example as i know its good ). Would you want to know why they thought that? Im 100000% sure you would and you would ask the question as that is the type of company you represent. Most other companies would just delete the post and forget it. Finding the reasons behind these comments is what its all about surely. Then an informed decision can be made.

I asked you why the Corsair is a better unit. The only factual reason you gave was the warranty (which i had already posted about how good it was...not the 5 year bit but the RMA). Being a sales person (having read you avatar), i was just asking why you thought it was the 'best option'. Surely these are the types of questions you should be answering in a working capacity.

If asking these questions is projecting i am trying to belittle you then i apologise. I cannot see how it is though.
    Last edited by Blitzen; 04-06-2008 at 12:27 PM.

Thanks
    • neonplanet40's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
      • Memory:
      • Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Supernova G6 850W
      • Case:
      • Lian LI Lancool 3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 27" U2715H & Gigabyte M27Q
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbe

I only buy Enermex to be honest. They do top of the line PSU's! And there aftersales support is second to none.

And you two kiss and make up!
    Home Entertainment =Epson TW9400, Denon AVRX6300H, Panasonic DPUB450EBK 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray and Monitor Audio Silver RX 7.0, Monitor Audio CT265IDC(x4) Dolby Atmos and XTZ 12.17 Sub - (Config 7.1.4)
    My System=Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz, 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme, MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO, Enermax Supernova G6 850W, Lian LI Lancool 3, 2x QHD 27in Monitors. Denon AVR1700H & Wharfedale DX-2 5.1 Sound
    Home Server 2/HTPC - Ryzen 5 3600, Asus Strix B450, 16GB Ram, EVGA GT1030 SC, 2x 2TB Cruscial SSD, Corsair TX550, Plex Server & Nvidia Shield Pro 4K
    Diskstation/HTPC - Synology DS1821+ 16GB Ram - 10Gbe NIC with 45TB & Synology DS1821+ 8GB Ram - 10Gbe NIC with 14TB & Synology DS920+ 9TB
    Portable=Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Huawei M5 10" & HP Omen 15 laptop

Thanks

A lot ask why we are so good at Scan and all I can say is this is because we believe in giving good advice which is not blinkered by any means. Most who work here like myself are Enthusiasts and have very good experience with hardware. All Sales staff here are very technically minded and could work comfortably in the Technical department and each team CS, Tech, returns all work as a team so knowing each others business is important.

Read your post Blitzen questions usually have question marks at the end of the sentance, you made assumptions then asked me if I agreed with it.

how by saying "you are no more aware of a good unit than anyone else" not judging my ability?

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

how by saying "you are no more aware of a good unit than anyone else" not judging my ability?
    I couldve worded that better and i apologise for that.
    I meant it in the context of not being anymore aware than another enthusiast.

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • dell 2007wfp and Lg L194WT
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

The way I see it is, they are all proven thus far to be exceptional PSU's. The corsair has been around the longest and is highly decorated with reviews and lab wins etc..

Using the "If it aint broke.." argument I would say it is THE best power supply. But as I said in my post the dark power and the enermax have moved the game on in terms of efficency and even in noise.

Obviously we need bold first movers like Blitzen to buy such power supplies before our confidence can grow in the quality and relability of such a product.

I actually think it's quite nice that Paulm has recommended the cheapest product of the suggestions I made as he obviously knows the kind of satisfaction customers are haivng with the corsair products so,

Kudos to Paulm for suggestion the most proven product (and the cheapest )

and Kudos to Blitzen for giving fairly impartial reports on the quality of the new enermax unit, which in terms of efficency and noise I believe to be second to none at the moment.

Thanks

I couldve worded that better and i apologise for that.
    I meant it in the context of not being anymore aware than another enthusiast.

Don't worry I still love you

Thanks

Jeese louise, il have a read through that bitch fight when i get a spare 2 hours, yeah guys im set on the 520w corsair for that price ! See you scan guys tomorrow

Thanks
    • kmac's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 750
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Corsair DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 2 Samsung F3 500GB each
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI HD4770
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Modu 82+ 525W
      • Case:
      • Lain -Li PC-7FN Black
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Prof 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2412M

For my tuppence worth, I too went for the Corsair (620W) on the basis of price and warranty. I would say they could do with improving the quaility of the connectors a bit - they do look/feel a bit cheap and nasty although they do the job

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • dell 2007wfp and Lg L194WT
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

I still don't agree with that. They certainly went a different way, making them flat but they work as well as any and being flat are nice and easy to tidy in my experience (P182's).

They connect surely enough and never threatended to snap or anything like that.

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

I had a harder time trying to get the cables to bend in a nice way and avoid damage to the sheathing in my V2000, but that's a different beast compared to newish cases with punchout holes to route cables around the back of the motherboard tray. It depends on the situation really, but I generally prefer rounded wires with plastic braiding over them personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

Quote Originally Posted by modd1uk View Post
    Jeese louise, il have a read through that bitch fight when i get a spare 2 hours, yeah guys im set on the 520w corsair for that price ! See you scan guys tomorrow
    Its called healthy debate.

It would all be totally pointless if everyone had the same opinion.

Thanks
    • atmadden's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P35 Neo2 FR
      • CPU:
      • QX9650@4.2ghz 420x10
      • Memory:
      • Crucial Ballisitix PC5300 C3@840 4 4 4 12
      • Storage:
      • Maxtor 250gb SATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 8800GTS OC 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620

Its called healthy debate.

It would all be totally pointless if everyone had the same opinion.
    Up to your old tricks again Blitzen? Funny how a lot of your posts end up like this.
    Core i7 860 @ 4ghz
    MSI P55 GD65 4gb Gskill Ripjaw 2xAsus 5770 1003/5600 Corsair HX620 psu http://trust.hexus.net/user_profile.php?user=10950

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

Quote Originally Posted by atmadden View Post
    Up to your old tricks again Blitzen? Funny how a lot of your posts end up like this.
    With you adding absolutely nothing again you mean?

Thread Information