Thread: Full Load......

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks

Full Load......

Rather strange question.........

But... what program/method would you recommend to to put a P4 2.8C with HT enabled under full load?

Or would you disable HT and use the usual software.... I've been playing with Toast tonight on my Shuttle PC and it doesnt seem to effect my temperatures at all! MBM5 is setup correctly

Although Toast running on my Cooler Master PC works fine. Whipping the temps upto 50 degrees.

So... what software.... i want the CPU stinking hot!

*Disclaimer* - The contents of this message are not necessarily my own opinions,thoughts or views... they may belong to the voices in my head!

Thanks
    you are using air cooling on both right ?
    Desktop: AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, 1024Mb PC-3200 TwinMOS w/Winbond, MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR, Radeon 9800SE AIW, 40 GB 7,200 Rpm Hitachi Deskstar, 120GB 7,200 Rpm 8mb Cache Maxtor Diamond 9, 160GB 7200 Rpm 8mb Cache Seagate 7200.7 SATA, Plextor 708A 8x DVD-RW, 550W PFC Q-tec PSU, Casetek 1019SM Silver Case, Camdridge Soundworks DTT2200 Speakers

Laptop: Clevo D470W - 17" Widescreen TFT, Intel Pentium4 3.06Ghz 533FSB, 1024Mb PC-2700 Hynix, Radeon Mobility 9000 64Mb, Fujitsu 80Gb 4,200rpm, 250Gb 7,2000rpm 8mb Cache Maxtor OneTouch, Toshiba SD-R6372 DVD-RW +/- x4, Built-in Four speakers, webcam and microphone

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks
    sit on it....
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thanks
    If you want to really stress out a HT P4, you need to run two cpu intensive tasks as running one only uses approx 50% of the cpu, if you go by the task manager.

First thing, find, download and install the latest version of prime. Run toruture test from the menu. That should get the cpu sweating a little. To really max out the cpu 100%, you'll need to get another process going on. I like a proggie called cpuburn. Run that. Cpu should now be at 100% with the highest possible load temps.

If you want those prgggies and can't be bothered to search for them, leave me your email addy and I'll email them to you.

Thanks
    How about compressing an MPEG file using TMPGEnc? I know it's designed for multiple CPUs.

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GuruJockStrap
    If you want to really stress out a HT P4, you need to run two cpu intensive tasks as running one only uses approx 50% of the cpu, if you go by the task manager.

First thing, find, download and install the latest version of prime. Run toruture test from the menu. That should get the cpu sweating a little. To really max out the cpu 100%, you'll need to get another process going on. I like a proggie called cpuburn. Run that. Cpu should now be at 100% with the highest possible load temps.

If you want those prgggies and can't be bothered to search for them, leave me your email addy and I'll email them to you.
    craig@hexus.net

Thanks

*Disclaimer* - The contents of this message are not necessarily my own opinions,thoughts or views... they may belong to the voices in my head!

Thanks
    Just mailing it to you now. Check in a minute or two.

Thanks
    • da_ging's system
      • CPU:
      • E5200 @ 3.75Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB kingston HyperX 8500
      • Storage:
      • 2*WD640gb in Raid 0 +500gb 32mb seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG GTX 260 Maxcore OC2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650w TX
      • Case:
      • Stacker 831 black
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" fujitsu 3230t LCD 1920*1080
      • Internet:
      • 8mb
    why not just run two copies of prime95??

1 as normal and 1 with -A1 switch eg "C:\Program Files\Prime95\Prime95.exe" -A1 which makes it run the cpu at the full 100%

download it from http://files.aoaforums.com/index.php?dir=171

Thanks
    Could do. Just prefer running two different apps.

Thread Information