Thread: dell vostro 1500 restarting:S overheating...

Thanks

Question dell vostro 1500 restarting:S overheating...

bloody nvidia first time i touch them in years and they burn me
    basically got a 4gb ram 2.2ghz c2d 8600m gt 256mb vostro 1500 15.4" 1680x1050 laptop...
    and the drivers don't excist for a start (nice one nvid) the only one is some out of date 2007 one on microsoft update that still doesn't stop the restarts.
    i can be playing crysis and it'll just restart quickly or sometimes after hour+ of gameplay or check this i left it this morning after playing crysis then wake up now and im greated a login screen i.e. its restarted itself AGAIN. i've tried omega drivers.... the modded inf drivers... the lot... all lead to bsod's stating the display driver needs to be reinstalled... but you can't as they bloody haven't released drivers have they!
    oh it artifacted like a bitch aswell on some random bootups!
    thanks mcscom!
    now i'm going to be forced to get a crappy rip off studio ... SO annoying. the spec of my lappy in studio alternative form is like 900quid what do i do? i've done a returns form but what the hell do i replace this with.i'm gutted it was my budget and perfect spec...
    just as a last resort when replacing the inf with a custom one you just pasted the single inf from the links to the place where you extracted the drivers right and you over-right one file...

if theres something i'm missing could someone setup a hacked driver setup for my card and rar/zip it and upload it and link me so i can try it but its not rocket science so it's gotta be the driver...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz regarding the Apple Mighty Mouse
    I just got so fed up with this thing for it's crappy erratically working scroll ball and poor right-click detection that I just threw it against a wall and it exploded.

Good riddance. Wish I'd done it about a year ago.

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • dell 2007wfp and Lg L194WT
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

Re: dell vostro 1500 restarting:S overheating...

Don't MCSCOM refurbs come with 1 or 3 year dell warranties (or 1 year MCS warranty if thats what you went with).. Surely you need to contact them for warranty replacement.

Some very good specs there
    http://www.dmxdimension.com/dell-uk/...rison-coupons/

Thanks

they all have a ghastly res... I run 1680x1050... it looks like I'm going to do a exchange for inspiron of slightly faster spec with 1gb less ram but 200mhz fast cpu and the SAME graphics card as I'll give it another chance and see if it was just a duff one as I've heard of people using them with hacked drivers just fine so it's probably my sods law right? it also comes with home premium vista which is nice and its 7quid less...
    fingers crossesd eh.should be arriving tomorrow hopefully...
    I just got so fed up with this thing for it's crappy erratically working scroll ball and poor right-click detection that I just threw it against a wall and it exploded.

Thanks

got my inspiron 1520 today... 2.4 penryn 3gb 667mhz ddr2 8600m gt 250gb sammy hdd (has my trusty 320gb Western Digi in now though... ps3 has the 250gb) not that amazing battery but still its a lot lighter hoping the custom drivers will work fine and i won't have the same problems.wish me luck guys...

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

nice, did you get the decent screen again?

Thanks

1440x900... seems to be better in the long run as although 1680x1050 was well nice it was too small to read from a distance as i don't always use it sat right up close and some apps like msn the fonts were so small and it'd blatently do your eyes and head in after awhile. really they should make something like 1560x970 or something random (that was a random guess) that's in between the too and it'd be perfect but yeah turns out this is working flawlessly and turned out to be what i shoulda bought in the first place as its 200mhz fast penryn and a gb less (easily runs crysis/gears/photoshop v fast etc and if i ever had a prob can be upgraded on the cheap) and has the same card just the lower but nicer res... had a nice sammy hdd too so i put that in the ps3...
    so yeah seems like fate really... glad i got this... definitely liking the silver inside/screen and the black outside and silver trim round the lip.tis very slick.did like the vostro in black but having painted silver keys feels softer and smoother which is a nice touch.i doubt they keys will chip either.
    WELL happy all in all

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

I like the true life 1440 x 900 on the vostro/inspiron too but the light bleed on my mates was a bit horrible. He got them early on though when they were having nothing but screen problems.

Thanks

the what what lol? what res you run mate?
    just seshed crysis flawlessly for like 2/3hrs... temps on my 2 cores are 49-52 but they are idling around 47-50 i imagine cooling down from crysis.i take it thats ok though as they were 63 on a ntune stress test on the dodgy vostro... on the bottom on this lappy it has 2 fans one either side i take it that means one gpu one cpu *fingers crossed* so no stupid sharing of the heatpipe vostro style...
    doesnt feel that warm tbf... i don't have the battery in when im not using it so that might make a difference but i doubt it as i did the same for the vostro and it was still bloody warm...
    but yeah dead chuffed and loving crysis.i hated it at first but got into it and put up with it to stress the machine as the vostro kept stacking on it before and i have to say im loving it now i really hope this lappy is ok cause i love it

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

He has the 1440 x 900 true life like you have. The light bleed.. the back light bleeding into the top and bottom of the sceen so what should be black in a wide screen film etc.. is grey and bright.

Also the cooler on the left hand side we apply named the flame thrower, because when the fan kicks in, in your hand is anywhere near that heatsink you're in for a suprise

Great laptops though

Thanks

ah right.na mine doesn't do that.just tested it with a 1080p vid and its fine
    yeah i'm loving it.had no heat problems or anything.was playing every game under the sun on it last night till 4am and no stress and when i woke up it hadn't restarted so *touch wood* she's a keeper

Thread Information