Thread: zalman GT1000 case and reserator XT or zalman LQ1000

Registered+
    Thanks

zalman GT1000 case and reserator XT or zalman LQ1000

I want a new case and a quiet one, I overclock so I thought water cooling would be a good idea too and I like the look of zalmans cases quite a lot. The LQ1000 would be the almost perfect solution as it's water cooling is all contained within the chassis and it's got some really good reviews but because the side panel is the radiator there is no window which I would really like.

So I though about maybe instead getting the GT1000 and the reserator XT. Would it be possible though to put the reserator XT on top of the GT1000 case? And if you had to choose between the two what would you go for? The LQ1000 is about £80 cheaper than buying the GT1000 and reserator XT together.

Thanks
    • Thor's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel C2Q Q6600 G0 @ 3.3GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB OZC Reaper HPC Enhanced Bandwidth Edition DDR2 800 @ 1000MHz
      • Storage:
      • 300GB VelociRaptor for Primary, 15TB for Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire 4870 @ 790MHz
      • PSU:
      • Enermax 625W EMD625AWT Modular
      • Case:
      • Modded Lian-Li V2100B [Silent Watercooled]
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro SP3 (Win7: Been there, done that!)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405FPW 24"
      • Internet:
      • O2 16Mb Home Broadband Pro

Re: zalman GT1000 case and reserator XT or zalman LQ1000

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Zetsumei View Post
    I want a new case and a quiet one, I overclock so I thought water cooling would be a good idea too and I like the look of zalmans cases quite a lot. The LQ1000 would be the almost perfect solution as it's water cooling is all contained within the chassis and it's got some really good reviews but because the side panel is the radiator there is no window which I would really like.

So I though about maybe instead getting the GT1000 and the reserator XT. Would it be possible though to put the reserator XT on top of the GT1000 case? And if you had to choose between the two what would you go for? The LQ1000 is about £80 cheaper than buying the GT1000 and reserator XT together.
    Interesting looking case, if not a bit expensive, I'd personally go for a Custom build one or get one custom built for you, should work out cheaper and give better performance, try this kit for example: ThermoChill V2K-Pro Watercooled Case (Big server water cooled case). I've got a very similar setup to this case which I did myself and it gives excellent Overclocked temps with little to no noise.

3. Received thanks from:

Judge Zetsumei (14-08-2008)

It's good to be bad pauldarkside's Avatar
    Thanks
    • pauldarkside's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VI Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-4770K & Corsair Hydro H80i
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Corsair Force GS 128GB, Crucial M500 480GB, WD Black 4TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked
      • PSU:
      • Corsair Professional HX850W
      • Case:
      • Corsair Graphite 780T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity @ 78Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Zetsumei View Post
    Would it be possible though to put the reserator XT on top of the GT1000 case?
    Yes, they're roughly the same width - that's how I have them here

And if you had to choose between the two what would you go for? The LQ1000 is about £80 cheaper than buying the GT1000 and reserator XT together.
    Granted it's not going to be something the hardcore water-cooled crowd go for but I plumped for that Zalman combination for convenience and build quality (and it's so much quieter than my previous fan based configuration). It's an absolute doddle to set up and maintain - topping up the reservior once in a while. I've used many Lian Li and Coolermaster cases in the past but I wouldn't go back to them now - the finish on this trumps them all.

Best of luck with whatever you choose to go with
    My only concern is should I hide my true identity? A costume maybe?

0iD: Plus weeing in it every now & again does it good
    scaryjim: 10" is just a little large to hold comfortably in one hand, which makes it a lot harder to tap, swipe and generally interact with.

5. Received thanks from:

Judge Zetsumei (14-08-2008)

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pauldarkside View Post
    Yes, they're roughly the same width - that's how I have them here

Granted it's not going to be something the hardcore water-cooled crowd go for but I plumped for that Zalman combination for convenience and build quality (and it's so much quieter than my previous fan based configuration). It's an absolute doddle to set up and maintain - topping up the reservior once in a while. I've used many Lian Li and Coolermaster cases in the past but I wouldn't go back to them now - the finish on this trumps them all.

Best of luck with whatever you choose to go with
    Awesome, I'm sold then, I needed it to go on top of the case to save space and I think the two compliment each other very well. Expensive but it's a case, it's not like you're buying one every 6 months. And i'm not after pushing record breaking temperatures, I just want my e4300 to reach 3ghz and be quiet. It does that now on air so it should easily do it with water.

Cheers for the reply.

Thread Information