Thread: Recommendations For Watercooling Kits/Bits?

Thanks

Recommendations For Watercooling Kits/Bits?

Looking at watercooling for my new P4, and maybe my next gen card (when i finally get one, and obviously, that comes later) but for now, i just need CPU cooling. The new cpu is a 3GHz Northwood (HT). Keeping the same motherboard as in sig, and seen as this is (obviously) my first attempt at watercooling, i'd also like it to be straight forward to set up, and if possible, be contained inside my case. Im not a hardcore overclocker, but i do overclock now and then. Also, where is a good place to buy the parts? i don't know much in the subject. Guessing Danger Den will pop up somewhere? Hear it a lot on here. Anyway, will leave my watercooling kit in your hands. Dont really have a budget, but if it creeps to £300+, i might as well buy a VapoChill. Any help greatly appreciated.

Wats ur tale mothergoose?
    Thanks
    • Korky's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35-Pro
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 160GB WD RE2 RAID0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD 4870x2
      • PSU:
      • XFX 850W
      • Case:
      • Cheapo
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista 32bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 18" Hanns.G / 42" Panasonic G20
      • Internet:
      • 10Mbit Cable
    If you can afford a vapochill then id say go for one m8, u'll *NEVER* have to buy a cooling solution ever again unless obv it breaks beyond repair.

www.over-clock.co.uk was sort of built around watercooling, the owner Marci is really cool, if u check the forums or email him im sure he can help u find exactly wat ur lookin for.
    3D Mark 2k1 - 20661

If you get a customer, or an employee, who thinks he's Charles Bronson, take the butt of your gun and smash their nose in.

Thanks
    Personally, i dont see the point in a vapochill, i prefer my machine at stock speeds tbh, so it would be a waste of money. A nice, small watercooling kit would be ideal. Any recommendations?

Crazy foreigner
    Thanks
    I ran watercooling a year ago or so... bought a secondhand Vapo that I use now. I must say I am much more satisfied with what I got from the vapo. A watercooling solution only bring you one thing these days, and that is lower noise levels. A good aircooler gets you too close to the same performance levels for a price that is much lower.

A Vapo is good for a great many things. You can run it extremely quiet, while still keeping your CPU around 0C. Here you get a close to noiceless machine if you do it right, and it will perform much better than anything air/water cooled, no matter how big. Or you can have moderate sound, and get it really extreme

So if you can afford a vapochill, I strongly recommend it.
    Light travels faster than sound. Is this why some people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Thanks
    • Platinum's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99 Deluxue
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 5930k @ 4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32gb Crucial 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 256gb Samsung SP941, 1tb MX500 Crucial SSD, 240gb Intel 730 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 Fury OC
      • PSU:
      • 750 Watt Corsair HX
      • Case:
      • Corsiar 750D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2408WFP
      • Internet:
      • 18Mb
    If you like stock speeds then watercooling is a waste of money, if you desire silence get a Alpha / Swiftec / Thermalright Heatsink and fit a silent fan.
    Saves you a fair bit of cash to put towards your next gen vid card
    Salazaar : <Touching wood as I write this...>

wibble
    Thanks
    I totally agree with Platinum - if you're running @ stock speeds a good lump of copper and a silent fan should be quite adequate.

I posted a cheap ex-display vapo in bargain hunt the other day if you've got £300 burnin a hole in your pocket tho

Thanks
    I dont actually have the money yet. Its a trust fund, and theres been complications. i dunno when im getting it so that isnt really of use. My PC is loud, and is usually left on overnight downloading things, and it keeps me awake. 4 cheap ebuyer fans(at full blast), and an Intel HS/F create a lot of noise. So yes, i am looking for a more silent cooling solution. Im stuck, i dont know whether to buy a few 3 pin fans, a fan controller, a thermalright SP-97 (is it?) and a vantec tornado or go to watercooling. Besides which, if the new CPU clocks well, it will be kept at the overclock. The current gets kinda warm when i overclock, thats why im running at stock. (i dont like it rising above 50'oC under heavy load) I know the P4's throttle kicks in at ~ 70 oC but, im a bit too careful. Its not everyday i can afford new kit.

Thread Information