Thread: Abit IP35 Pro XE and Corsair Dominator @1066 MHz = no POST?

Thanks

Unhappy Abit IP35 Pro XE and Corsair Dominator @1066 MHz = no POST?

Hello,

I have a new system with Abit IP35 Pro XE Bios 11 and the Dominator TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF G Kit.

I have severe C1 problems that prevent POSTing when I start cold the system.

By default the RAMs are driven at 816 MHz (FSB 340 MHz) with 1.2 FSB/RAM multiplier, and it seems the system works with this settings.

Interestingly, with the above mentioned settings, CPU-Z reports the RAMs as PC-6400 (400MHz) and not as PC-8500 as expected (but I have the original package and they are the model already mentioned). I have had absolutely zero instability once the system has passed POST, the only (severe) issue is when the system has been powered off for a while.

But, I have tried bringing them to 1020 MHz using 1.5 multiplier, also rising voltage to 2.2V; the system has rebooted warm correctly and gone over a 6h stress test with prime95 with zero problems; now, after 12 hours off, it did not reboot giving C1 errors - had to reset CMOS to get back to get past POST.

I have the RAMs in the brown slots because I've been told that the blue slots have compatibility issues with these memory modules.

Timings are by SPD, not tweaked manually. It seems they are running at 5-5-5-18-2T.

Is there something wrong here or am I really unable to run the RAMs at around 1 GHz on this system without overclocking the FSB?

Thanks,
    Mario

EDIT: Please refer to more appropriate post in Abitcare forum (cannot link now, I have too few posts):
    Last edited by mabian; 19-09-2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Added note about thread in Abitcare section

Thread Information