Thread: acer 1683 bluetooth problem

Thanks

acer 1683 bluetooth problem

i have a acer aspire 1683 laptop which supposed to have bluetooth built into the laptop.

anywaz i recently re fromated my laptop, installed every single driver from the acer aspire 1680 series section.

anyhow i tried to use my bluetooth and it dont work at all. it keeps saying no device...their is a bluetooth button on my laptop to put it on but it just dont seem 2 come on at all..

i went to device manager and couldnt even see the bluetooth device their! i than scanned my laptop to see if any hardware has not been installed and nothing appeared. i thn looked back on the acer website to see if im missing a driver but nope! got everythingf rom that site!

Thanks
    any suggestions? it just doesnt display on my device manager anymoe. i have used it succesfuly b4 when i purchased my laptop, now it dont work at all.. the drivers are not in the cd or acer website...

Thanks
    no help? please guys

Thanks

Unhappy Bad news for you mate....

Quote Originally Posted by jonneymendoza
    i have a acer aspire 1683 laptop which supposed to have bluetooth built into the laptop.
    The Acer Aspire 1683WLMi you have DOES NOT have Bluetooth, although its got a Bluetooth logo next to a hardware switch. To make it even more puzzling is the Bluetooth software included in the restore discs supplied. The chassis of the 1683WLMi is juss the same as the Aspire 5510 which HAS got Bluetooth on selected models. So l should think one chassis was made to cater for all the models & different specs.

Thanks

Re: acer 1683 bluetooth problem

This is a reply to an old question, but Im kind of hoping myself...

I have a 1680 and I too am having the EXACT SAME ISSUES

Firstly, I was given this laptop fairly recently so its not bad for nothing is it, now with the supplied software, I am dead-sure that BlueTooth was working??

In fact, I know for sure, that both the lights on the front worked fine and the one on the left enables/disables Bluetooth and the one on the right, does the Wireless... Now, Im using Linux on it, and I could not get BT running under Linux, and so I tried going back to XP and even under XP I failed to get B/T running???? - So, after some hunting, I find that it seems to have no B/T Hardware and so I bought myself a kit.

Now, yesterday I set about to install it, but I find nowhere obvious... I ended up with the entire laptp fuly stripped down and I have the Motherboard in my hand and teh entire Laptop in a hundred peices on the desk, and I have come to the conclusion, that there is no possible way that BlueTooth can physically be connected to the 1680 without resorting of course to a USB dongle.

So, how come I am able to buy a 1680 BT kit when there is no way to connect it?

Can anyone tell me where it is supposed to go then?

This reminds me of my other LapTop, a Packard Bell E3242 where it has all teh gubbins for Wireless but no Physical connection to allow it and so I used a PCMCIA Card instead... The 1680 has a USB dongle, but Id rather use its own kit.

So, if anyone can supply any information at all, Im all ears!

ADDITIONAL : Its an ACER ASPIRE 1682 WLMI

Thread Information