Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The product of a lot of time, effort, and help from a wonderful community of friends!

Thanks

The product of a lot of time, effort, and help from a wonderful community of friends!

Hello guys! I know I've made a lot of threads asking for help with this rig and that one, but thanks to all of that, and your support, I've come to a final version of my new PC. After rigorously searching for the best parts, and researching, reading reviews, and listening to everyone's opinion/advice, I've finally been able to arrive at this final destination... without further adieu...

CPU: Intel i7 920
    Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe
    GPU: BFG GTX 260 OCX Maxcore
    RAM: 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600)
    Case: Silverstone TJ07B-W
    PSU: 620W Corsair HX Series Modular
    Main HDD (for os, winrar, wmp, etc): 320gb Samsung F1, 16mb cache, 7200 rpm, 8.9ms
    Second HDD (for games, backup, etc): 750gb Samsung F1, 32mb cache, 7200 rpm, 8.9ms
    Optical Drive: Pioneer DVR-216DBK
    Display: 22" LG L226WTQ, WS, 2ms
    CPU cooler: Noctua NH-U12P
    Fan Controller: MCubed T-Balancer bigNG 4-channel Fan Controller for air and watercooling (Auto)
    Bay Fan: Scythe KAMA-BAY
    Sound Card: Azunetech Xi-Fi Prelude
    Speakers: Logitech Z2300 2.1 THX
    Headset: Sennheiser PC350
    Mouse: Logitech G5
    Mousepad: Razer Destructor
    Keyboard: Razer Lycosa "Unstoppable"

And a couple of other personal items like surge protector, and vga protector, Acronis backup software, 160gb Western Digital hd (it's pink so that nobody steals it, if you find a pink HD it's mine, send me a PM on here ), Canon Pixma MP190 All-In-One, and a webcam.

I'd like to say thanks (in alphabetical [to the best of my abilities ] order) to Blitzen, Dreaming, Main, mat-ster, Mike, Moogle, MSIC, NeedMoarFarms, Paul, Peter, (and the rest of the 12 Disciples), Pob255, Salazaar, Webby, Zadock, and everyone else (sorry if I left you out) who helped me along the way.

I'm thanking you because you either provided your expertise, opinions, or just helped to contribute to my decisions--which I couldn't possibly be more pleased with--and without you I would've spent the same price and gotten soooo much less, I would've only regreted it.

I plan to stick around here for a long time, so I hope that we can all become friends.

Thanks

- Robert
    Last edited by Robscure; 30-11-2008 at 03:57 AM.

Thanks
    • MSIC's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H170M-ITX
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 6500
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 4GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666
      • Storage:
      • 240GB SSD (boot) +1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GeForce 750Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 450W ST455F
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG06-450
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2309W
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet FiberTTC

Re: The product of a lot of time, effort, and help from a wonderful community of frie

You're welcome. I'm sure you'll get alot of pleasure from that machine, it seems like it'll be a really quick one.
    I'm commenting on an internet forum. Your facts hold no sway over me.
    - Another poster, from another forum.

System as shown, plus: Microsoft Wireless mobile 4000 mouse and Logitech Illuminated keyboard.
    Sennheiser RS160 wireless headphones. Creative Gigaworks T40 SII. My wife.
    My Hexus Trust

Thanks

Re: The product of a lot of time, effort, and help from a wonderful community of frie

Quote Originally Posted by MSIC View Post
    You're welcome. I'm sure you'll get alot of pleasure from that machine, it seems like it'll be a really quick one.
    Yes, it's going to be very fast

Thanks
    • MSIC's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H170M-ITX
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 6500
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GeForce 750Ti
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG06-450
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2309W
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet FiberTTC

How much has it all cost in the end?

System as shown, plus: Microsoft Wireless mobile 4000 mouse and Logitech Illuminated keyboard.
    My Hexus Trust

Thanks

How much has it all cost in the end?
    £2603.49 including an 8.2 megapixel digital camera...

The video card, headphones, mouse, keyboard, mouse pad, and speakers add up to about £400 just by themselves lol.

But the most expensive things, like what I just listed, and also the case, are products that are going to last me for many years.

It's a good long-term investment.

Thanks
    • MSIC's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H170M-ITX
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 6500
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GeForce 750Ti
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG06-450
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2309W
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet FiberTTC

If you have any money left over, have you considered things like your chair and desk? Or have you already got something good enough?
    I'm just asking because for the past few years i've been using a £30 ikea job and thinking nothing of it, but in my new house now my wife advised me to get a better one (since it's in a corner of our living room too) and i got this:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nevada-Solid-O...742.m153.l1262
    It's amazing, really solid, and looks proper quality. Goes well with a good PC setup!

My Hexus Trust

Thanks

If you have any money left over, have you considered things like your chair and desk? Or have you already got something good enough?
    I'm just asking because for the past few years i've been using a £30 ikea job and thinking nothing of it, but in my new house now my wife advised me to get a better one (since it's in a corner of our living room too) and i got this:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nevada-Solid-O...742.m153.l1262
    It's amazing, really solid, and looks proper quality. Goes well with a good PC setup!
    I do still need a desk, I have a good chair.

I am picky about desks, I want a computer-specific desk that is simple, a lot of leg room, sturdy, room under for the tower to fit...

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the perfect one yet.

Back when I lived in America I had an $800 computer desk, it was soooo heavy, very sturdy, very nice... Had a desktop, a higher tier for monitor with two more tiers to each side, a lot of room for papers and everything... unfortunately I couldn't take it with me to the UK.

I will sit on the floor if I have to, I've been waiting for a good pc since I bought my Dell in 2002 lol

Thanks
    • MSIC's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H170M-ITX
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 6500
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GeForce 750Ti
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG06-450
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2309W
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet FiberTTC

I have to say that the desk i have (and linked to), although a really great one, doesnt have room underneath for my P180 case. At least, not for that and my chair to also fit under. A bit of a shame, and the PC simply sits on the floor next to it.

My Hexus Trust

Thanks

I have to say that the desk i have (and linked to), although a really great one, doesnt have room underneath for my P180 case. At least, not for that and my chair to also fit under. A bit of a shame, and the PC simply sits on the floor next to it.
    Yeah I could tell by looking at it, it's not ideal for the enthusiast... but a beautiful sophisticated-looking piece to accompany an office or living room... Luckily for me, my wife likes the things I like, and I don't have to compromise on much, if anything.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Olmy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GA-P35-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB DDR2 PC6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 3200AAKS-00YGA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800 GT 512MB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207h, Dell 2209WA

VGA protector? Well I suppose you can't be too careful when it comes to the wailing, evil spirits that electricity ferries into your graphics card. On a serious note though, do graphics cards actually burn out when decent PSU's break down these days? Even in the very worst case scenario?

Anyway, congrats on your system, although with the economy as it is and the pound so weak, this is probably the worst time to buy. Maybe I'm just jealous.

NOT Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robscure View Post
    I am picky about desks, I want a computer-specific desk that is simple, a lot of leg room, sturdy, room under for the tower to fit...
    Same here, that's why I got a desk with nothing underneath so I can swivel my legs about

This one

Looks sorta small but it's quite large, fits my monitor, lamp, speakers and router all along it's width.

Or if you're lucky enough you could bid on one on eBay. My lucky lucky friend after finding out that I had got a new desk tried bidding for one and got this one for just £1. He did have to collect but it was worth it I suppose

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Olmy View Post
    VGA protector? Well I suppose you can't be too careful when it comes to the wailing, evil spirits that electricity ferries into your graphics card. On a serious note though, do graphics cards actually burn out when decent PSU's break down these days? Even in the very worst case scenario?

Anyway, congrats on your system, although with the economy as it is and the pound so weak, this is probably the worst time to buy. Maybe I'm just jealous.
    Yeah well my wife and I don't live luxuriously at all... we just pay for food and shelter and don't do much with our money. You only live once, right?

I'm not rich, I'm not even middle-class, I'm just lucky I guess, but I've waited my whole life for this PC, so it hasn't come easy! I've only had two pc's in my whole life... one was a 1997-98 (something like that) e-Machines which barely ran Diablo 2 (it didn't have enough hd space to run the expansion)... and a 03 Dell which I played CoD2 on with lowest settings and 1024x768...

I finally get to experience what it's like to play a game without lag or anything... except, I still have a crappy internet connection, but I'm grateful lol

Don't be jealous of anyone, you will get whatever you want if you're patient enough. Things have a way of working out. Don't be afraid to spend your money, so long as you have enough to eat and survive.. you know.

Good luck to you mate

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi Rob,

Excellent choice of hardware....(apart from the pink HD - new anti-theft device)
    Good selection all round - did you build or get scan to assemble for ya?

Happy to help - I still do not reckon your a Pro gamer
    What games hav you played? how are the temps with the new Noctua heatsink, what fan speed setting can you use etc...
    All the best,
    Matt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robscure View Post
    £2603.49 including an 8.2 megapixel digital camera...

The video card, headphones, mouse, keyboard, mouse pad, and speakers add up to about £400 just by themselves lol.

But the most expensive things, like what I just listed, and also the case, are products that are going to last me for many years.

It's a good long-term investment.
    mate, you are really doing what Alistair Darling has been asking us for: spending to keep the economy going.

Do enjoy your new build

Thanks
    • format's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6750 @ 3.2ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB GSkill PC8000
      • Storage:
      • WD500GB+750GB F1 + 250GB external drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce GTX260
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520w
      • Case:
      • Antec P182 + 3 x Nexus fans
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" DGM
      • Internet:
      • BeThere* Pro

Just remember to post lots and lots of pics

Cable management better be spot on!
    ~'Armaments, universal debt, and planned obsolescence--those are the three pillars of Western prosperity'~ Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX8350 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 2gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz cas9
      • Storage:
      • 512gb samsung SSD +1tb Samsung HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EGVA GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic GX 650W
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • iiyama XB3270QS-B1 32" IPS 1440p

Nice list, but then you had the money to spend ( wish I did )

For a desk (and while this is a cheap option it's a good one) did my gf's desk, two free standing units from ikea (1 cupboard & 1 draws) and then got a great big slab of work surface from a local 2nd hand dealer (it's chipboard with an oak surface and 25mm thick, a bit like a kitchen work top but wood surfaced not formica)
    I fitted a couple of L brackets for extra stability, but they are not really needed, but better than have a massive slab of wood, a £600 monitor and sewing maching fall on your lap.

Quote Originally Posted by format View Post
    Just remember to post lots and lots of pics
    Oh yes we need pic's, lots and lots of pic's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information