Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Samsung NC10 screen fault...

Thanks

Re: Samsung NC10 screen fault...

Hey Jarvo
    so I have this white screen on my Samsung NC10- how did you solve it?
    thanks so much

Thanks

My NC10 suddenly developed this fault today - white screen without warning, intermittent return to Word document, white screen. Seems to have righted itself after shutting down. Recently loaded in new Norton product: could ths have made the system unstabe? Any one know?

Thanks

exzimbo, i dont think your new norton product is the cause as my nc10's irritating habit of white screening seemed totally unrelated to software. in the end i sent my machine back to samsung for repair and from what i can remember they replaced the motherboard or something and now its absolutely fine. they also kindly upgraded my RAM to 2GB as well for free but i don't know if that was a mistake on their part haha. hope this helps julesie and i know its a bitch when the screen just whites out. shame it took a full on rebuild for me to get it fixed too. good luck!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jarvo42 View Post
    Glad i found this thread cos i thought it was just my nc10. i think ive got a screen fault but its not blotches. 3 times now my screen has just completely blanked out. all programs still run with sound etc but i just cant see anything till i turn it on and off. dont know if its just to do with itunes cos it seems to have only happened when that is running so far and now the netbook insists on putting itunes into some kind of strange photo-negative. everything looks fine on my seperate monitor so i reckon its a hardware fault. any ideas?
    Hi Jarvo42,

I'm having the same problem as you with my NC10. It works perfectly for ages and then all of a sudden the screen will go dark. I'd had the netbook attached to an external monitor a couple of times when this happened and that went dark too. I could see the applications really, really faintly so I tried altering the brightness but with no luck so the only thing I could do was reboot. Yours is the only comment I've been able to find about this issue though, so I wondered if you ever found a way to solve it?

Thanks

Hi Jarvo42,

I've had an interesting development, so I thought I'd let you know in case it helps you too. I bought my NC10 from Amazon, they've set up a new technical helpline so I rang them. The chap I spoke to said he thinks it's a power output failure on the graphics chip of the notebook so they're going to replace it. I hope you're able to swap yours too.
    Last edited by terracota; 22-11-2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: bad grammar!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information