Thread: Help!

Thanks

Help!

Just trying to install my new CNPS7000 onto my IC7 Max3. I fitted the clip supports on either side of where the CPU sits. When I put the heatsink on though, the bolts on either side of the heatsink are nowhere near the clips so I can't screw it down. Am I missing something here? Are the pictures in the guide wrong and the clip supports need to be upside down?

Hope this makes sense!

Help much appreciated!

Thanks
    You've seen this presumably:
    http://www.zalman.co.kr/images/swima.../CNPS7000A.swf

The bar running through the HSF has two holes on either side - choose either the inner or the outer ones, I think the inner one's usually suit me.

You'll find you'll need to screw in one side first and the other will come up a bit - hold the other side down so the base of the HSF is still in full contact with the CPU.

I usually roll up 4 bits of paper and shove them under the 4 corners of the support bars so that they're raised up to meet the HSF bar and so you don't need to push down so hard. If you do this then make sure they're not stubby rollups as the longer they are the easier they'll be to yank out without too much fiddling!

Thanks
    Cheers mate. I hadn't seen that movie. I have managed to get it fitted now, but my temps are running too high I think - 56c under load. Don't know what is causing this. Any ideas?

Thread Information