Thread: 400w (or more) SATA Ready, no fan control PSU

Thanks

400w (or more) SATA Ready, no fan control PSU

Can anyone reccommend me a good 400W+, SATA Ready PSU that does not have Fan control. Preferrably with the usual Ball Bearing fans, gold plated connections and relatively quiet. Dont really want to be spending more than £60. It is for a P4 computer.

I dont really mind if there is fan control on the back of the PSU itself, but i do not want any other things to install (some have controls for the front bays, or other spaces on the back) It is the first time doing this so i dont want any possible complications, most importantly i dont know how much space i will have. So i simply want the PSU itself.

Thanks in advance,

Matt
    Last edited by matt_hobson; 15-03-2004 at 11:04 AM.

Thanks
    CWT 450W or 550W from scan (£35 or £65). Its sata ready - that just means a different connector, theres nothing specail about sata in terms of psu's, it has lots of normal connectors too. The fans in mine spin about 1500rpm and almost ciompleatly silent when testing the psu on its own at night - when the ambient niose has dropped a lot. Dunno if the fans are ball bearing but thats sorta standard on all but the cheapest ones. Goldplated connectors is quite pointless as the small resistance from connectors is definatly not enough to cause any problems... but yes it has them anyway...
    It has nothing else to install, but there is one thing to note is that it is designed for the new BTX mobo connector but comes with an ATX converter.
    The 450w is more than you will need and the 550w is a lot better with things like seperate rails and better 3% regulation instead of 5%. I dont know if the 450w has all the extras like my 550w that I said above.

Thanks
    cheers mate,

i assume it is the one here: CWT

I was unsure due to the Active Fan Control bit. - Is this automtatic then?

£34.65 is not bad at all!

Thanks
    yea thats it. Look at CWT's site at the psus for the differences. CWT's are the same design as in antec PSUs. They have acctually changes there site a bit, looks nicer now. heres the page you want http://www.cwt.com.tw/psu_pc.htm
    The 450w at scan is the B series, while the 550w is a CWT-550ADP in the A series.
    looking at the specs you can see why the A series is better, and costs more. its still £30 cheaper than the same antec though!
    http://www.cwt.com.tw/CwtEng/product...cwt-450bdp.htm
    http://www.cwt.com.tw/CwtEng/product...cwt-550adp.htm
    Active fan control is just a nice name for fan speed controled by temperature. Ive never seen mine above 1700 rpm and that only happened because i forgot to turn any case fans on so the warm air from cpu was cooling the psu, and not very well. It has a monitoring cable to plug into mobo if you want to. 1700 is stil compleatly silent, that was with the casing of it quite warm. usually mine is about 1500-1550rpm

Thread Information