Thread: watercooling help

Thanks

watercooling help

i'm hoping to watercool my rig & i want help on choosing the correct system.
    this are my specs- core i7 965 @ 3.8ghz
    evga x58 classified mobo
    corsair dominator 1333mhz 3x 2gb
    3x evga gtx 285 ftw's
    enermax 1300w psu
    thermaltake armour+ full tower casing
    2x lg hd dvd/blue ray burner
    2x 32 gb crucial ssd on raid 0
    1tb samsung spinpoint f1

i only want to cool the cpu,vga's & the mobo chipset.plus i hope to add another gtx 295 for phsyx in the future so that too needs to be taken into consideration.thanks in advance.

Thanks

Re: watercooling help

well, tbh thats a lot you want to watercool as a beginner.

and you are cooling 3x 285's, an overclocked i7, and chipset.

i would recommend you dont put water on the chipset unless you use swiftech mcw30 block.

for the chip - dtek fuzion v2, or xspc delta v3.

for the graphics cards - ek fullcover blocks.

you will need to run at least two seperate loops - one for vga, one for the rest.

radiator wise you will need at least 4x120 (TFC 480 rad, or their MONSTA rad) for the graphics cards alone, and a 120.3 for the rest of it.

dont know if you will be able to fit that in your case.

look over at extremesystems for more info, but this is a massive project.
    Intel q6600 3.6ghz
    Asus P5K-Deluxe WiFi
    4Gb OCZ ReaperX at 1000Mhz
    768Mb BFG 8800GTX
    2xWD1001FALS in RAID0
    Dtek Fuzion / 2xPA120.2 / DDC01Ultra+PetrasTech top / EK 8800GTX FC Block
    Audigy 2ZS
    Thermaltake Mozart TX

Thanks

As above, that's a lot of stuff to cool and that's not really an ideal case to use as it will be difficult to get enough radiator(s) in there.

You are also not short of cash judging from the hardware spec so if I was you I would consider a new case like a TJ07. They can house a triple rad (maybe a quad ) in the bottom and a double or even another tripple in the top.

Have a look HERE to see the modified top (very pro)

NOT Banned
    Thanks

Wowza!

earplugfan that is alot to cool

I wonder if a 120.3 would even be able to cope with 3 x 285's. 295 for PhysX would be a waste I think running PhysX on my card didn't cause lag. What resolution do you play at?
    I'd also suggest a change of case if you want to have many rads. Silverstone, Lian Li's or look at getting a Mountain Mods case. You'd be able to fit lots of rads on those. For the chipset I think the best blocks out now are koolance and bitspower's, dunno if the design needs changing for the classified though.

Thanks

thanks guys i apprciate ur input.well iwas thinkin wether a zalman reserator xt might be enough but it does'nt seem so.anyway cant i use a single loop setup with a chiller & a rad but i understand that condensation can be a problem.

well i have several other questions to ask

1.what resevoires & pumps would you recommend
    2.about the case: i bought it coz its got 10 expansion slots & dont know any other that has that much.anyway why put the radiator inside,wouldnt it heat up the air inside the case.what if i screwd the rads onto the side of the case(not the one with the window) from the outside?

NOT Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by earplugfan View Post
    thanks guys i apprciate ur input.well iwas thinkin wether a zalman reserator xt might be enough but it does'nt seem so.anyway cant i use a single loop setup with a chiller & a rad but i understand that condensation can be a problem.

well i have several other questions to ask

1.what resevoires & pumps would you recommend
    2.about the case: i bought it coz its got 10 expansion slots & dont know any other that has that much.anyway why put the radiator inside,wouldnt it heat up the air inside the case.what if i screwd the rads onto the side of the case(not the one with the window) from the outside?
    A reserator wouldn't be able to handle that. I'd just go with air cooling if you're looking at the reserator.

I would recommend either Laing/Swiftech DDC pumps or the bigger D5/MCP655 pump, and reservoirs is entirely up to you, although with the DDC's you could get the XSPC reservoir top.

Most installs are internal, but you can also use a radbox to mount a radiator outside of the case on the back, but I don't think 1 rad will be enough if you're cooling that lot that you've mentioned.

Thread Information