I been using a NAS for a little while now and had a bit of trouble setting it up, I've now just bought an ICYBOX IB-4220-B as I wanted the option of RAID1 and larger storage and wondered what help/advice anyone has.

I need access to the NAS from anywhere so I set the old one up as FTP so I could access it from any browser anywhere, would this be the best way to go with the ICYBOX and whats the easiest way of doing it as it came with no manual (just printing the downloaded manual now) and I can't find the FTP settings to enter the same settings from the old NAS to the new NAS (as I have other users that need access) in the control panel of the NAS.

At least with the ICYBOX the NAS is accessable through my network places which I couldn't access the old NAS through so I guess this is a good start

Any help mighty welcome

Cheers

Edit: Guess another question would be FAT32, EXT2 or EXT3 what would the best file system be to use, I need this to be accessed with user name and password via FTP if thats the best way to do it, I've now looked everywhere in the manual and I can't work out how to set up remote access via ftp.

any help anyone