Thread: BioStar cheap mobo, any use?

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

BioStar cheap mobo, any use?

I'm looking at a BioStar G31-M7 for a E5200 and was wondering if anyone has any experience of the board, or BioStar boards in general.

I'm not looking to do anything amazing on it, overclock the E5200 to about 3ghz and i'd be chuffed, especially for the price of it.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thanks

Re: BioStar cheap mobo, any use?

Could you stretch to this one? http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Gigab...-SATA-RAID-ATX
    I've got that and an e5200 and it's trundling along nicely at 3.33ghz and 1.35v. I think I haven't been that lucky with my CPU either so I wouldn't be surprised if you could make an R0 stepping one go faster!

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Re: BioStar cheap mobo, any use?

Yeah I could unfortunately I live in Northern Ireland and shipping costs from scan and ebuyer are a pain, and the local store only has that BioStar one for under 60 quid.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thread Information