Thread: case problem

Thanks

case problem

has anyone got any ideas on why the door light on my coolermaster case has gone pink when it should be blue.

the case was bought from ocuk in december, i have sent an email to ocuk and they said that they will rma it, but that i have to pay for the cost of the p+p. i personally think that this isnt acceptable and am waiting to hear back from them, at the end of the day why should i have to pay to get something replaced which is faulty. is this normal, is there anything i can do about it legally

cheers
    Last edited by psalliss; 25-03-2004 at 10:03 AM.

Thanks
    Dunno about you but I think it looks good! Pity the rest of it's died though, just in that corner

Thanks
    it does sort of look ok but at the end of the day you dont want to be paying £100 for something thats duff

Thanks
    You can forget about getting it replaced with OCUK, they have one of the worst after-sales service I have ever experienced. You're actually lucky in that you managed to contact them about it and they've actually sent you a reply....

Thanks
    i have bought a lot of things of them over the years and have always been extremely happy with them even when things have gone wrong. which has only been once prior to this which ironically was part of the same order. i will not pay to send it them back, so we will see what happens

Thanks
    I totally agree mate.

Phone them and say that you have no problem paying for p&p as long as they take care of the legal fees. Then quote some consumer rights act, and they will turd themselves, and pay for it themselves.

and yes there is stuff you can do legally. They have to supply goods that are of an acceptable quality (i.e. work) for at least 6 months i think. You should NOT be charged for sending it back.

If you dont get anywhere let me know, a few of my friends study corporate law, so they may be able to help,

i assume that it is these guys:?

Overclockers
    0870 443 0880

Matt

[EDIT]

hmm, if you look at their support page, term number 5:

All shipping back to Overclockers UK is paid for by the customer. Please ensure the return has your RMA number clearly marked on the outside of the package next to our address.
    Doesn't look that good mate, it may be crap but if they have stated it then there is bugger all you can do legally i think. Unless for that type of product it is illegal to make the consumer pay for the return - but i doubt it.
    Last edited by matt_hobson; 25-03-2004 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks
    yes mate thats them, its a shame as ive used them for years without a problem. i might just take the mick and send it out dirt cheap 2nd class, and wrap it in paper. i mean why should pay out a lot of money for a good p and p. i understand that its not really there fault it has stopped working but its sure as heck not mine. it will easily cost £10 if not more to send the case and i will have to wait for a replacement, so will have no pc until then, which is a serious inconveniace. the least they could do is arrange a collection or credit to my debit card for the cost of p and p

Thanks
    does anyone know if other online pc companies make you pay for the return

Thread Information