Thread: Worth to send my stuff to Holland?

Registered+
    Thanks

Worth to send my stuff to Holland?

My rig recently malfunctioned. I have managed to single out to my 4x 1gb OCZ 8500 reaper series ram as well as 700w OCZ gamerxtreme PSU..

I have contacted OCZ and they agree to replace 2x 2gb 8500 reaper series and upgrade my PSU to 850w Gamerxtreme.

I realised that I have to send my parts to holland as somehow the RMA centre is in Holland, canada or taiwan. I wonder the postage fee is worthwhile for me to send things back.
    At the moment, the PSU offer tempts me as I am thinking to use this chance to upgrade..

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Worth to send my stuff to Holland?

Mate, that is so wrong! I've heard of a few other companies using this tactic, too.

Have you contacted them first? some companies will prepay the postage for you. When my 360 died MS did everything for me, which even meant DHL coming to pick it up from the house. That PSU will probably cost 10quid easily to send...

Thanks

It's annoying, but I think it's worth it even without the upgrade they are offering you. I had to post a HD to Germany because that was where the RMA centre for WD was located. The postage cost was less than the value of the HD (and the HD itself had no sensitive material) so I made no loss. A PSU is heavier than a HD, so check the price, but I reckon that it's better to pay £20 to to have £100 of items back.

Registered+
    Thanks

As my items are all just about 2 years old, so i can't rma back to the shop i bought from. So I have to contact them directly.
    At least, I know OCZ is going to replace the item for me, presumably no questions asked.
    Last thing I want is them telling me that they are all ok which I tested and know that they aren't.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TooNice View Post
    It's annoying, but I think it's worth it even without the upgrade they are offering you. I had to post a HD to Germany because that was where the RMA centre for WD was located. The postage cost was less than the value of the HD (and the HD itself had no sensitive material) so I made no loss. A PSU is heavier than a HD, so check the price, but I reckon that it's better to pay £20 to to have £100 of items back.
    I am surprised that you have to send your HD to germany. I did RMA my HD once to WD.. They were great. They first convert my asia warranty to international warranty for my HD and I only have to send it to somewhere in UK. (can't quite remember.)

I have to say my best experience with RMA is Logitech and NZXT.

I got a supposedly functional logitech Dinovo Laser set off fleabay for a fraction of price. Unfortunately, the media pad is not working. I call Logitech and they want me to destroy my current dinovo set and send the picture to them and also send battery cover so they will send me a new full dinovo laser set. I took all the keyboard keys off and send the photos to them and they accepted it. few weeks down the line, i saw a media pad for sale on fleabay and bought it. Now I have 2 set !! ( it was pain putting all the keyboard keys back though.)

My NZXT Lexa side USB port was damaged but my assumption was that I need to dismantle everything to RMA, so i didn't bother. 2 years down the line, out of curiorsity, I send an email to LEXA and they send me the USB port panel via courier from USA without even asking me for prrof of purchase.

Thanks

That was a good couple years back. It was quite annoying because at the time, they were moving office, and the address I got from their website/RMA form was no longer current. So they had to forward to the new address, which added quite a few days (the whole thing took like 4 weeks).

The cheapest RMA I experienced was with Yamaha, since they just sent a courier to to it up (SCSI CD-RW - way back in the days when they costed 3 digits and were worth RMA-ing).

The fastest RMA I experienced was with Enermax I sent a drive early in the week (Monday/Tuesday), and received by the end of the week. Best yet, I got a brand new sealed/retail packed replacement which I Ebayed for more than I paid for, and the Seasonic I replaced it with (good RMA, but too noisy).

Registered+
    Thanks

Thanks.
    Manage to arrange a courier for ~£20
    I guess it is not too bad after all..

Formerly known as Andehh Andeh13's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Andeh13's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-P35
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair XMS2 800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 250gb Western Digital AAKS, 2 x 500gb Western Digital AAKS, 1TB WD Caviar Green
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG Geforce 8800GTS 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" & Sony 17"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 10mb... hate them!

Iv had nothing but fantastic service & RMA experience from logitech, WD, Corsair and Samsung monitors.

Thanks
    • KidChameleon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P55-UD3
      • CPU:
      • i5 750 2.66GHz
      • Memory:
      • G.Skil 1600MHz 9-9-9-24
      • Storage:
      • 3 x 1TB, 1 x 500GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 5850 Black
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520W
      • Case:
      • Antec P183
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ VW2420H 24" / Acer AL1916W 19"
      • Internet:
      • 10Mb Virgin Media

I sent some RAM back to OCZ in the Netherlands a couple of months ago. I stupidly paid the extra £2 or so for Royal Mail international trackable delivery, bringing it to about £5.50. 10 days later, I received my replacement RAM and the Royal Mail website's status was "It's on its way for processing for international delivery."

Registered+
    Thanks

.Thanks.. I am now abit more confident with OCZ service after listening to what you say

Thanks

Am in the same boat as u mate

Thanks
    • GheeTsar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 8GB
      • Storage:
      • Samsung EVO 850 1 TB + 2 x 1TB Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS Radeon R9 280X
      • PSU:
      • Tagan TG600-U33 600W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer 24" 120Hz GD245HQ
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100mb

I've just sent my dodgy RAM back to Corsair in Holland using Royal Mail - cost about £7 with signature (it had the heatsink fan in the box too). A few days later UPS knocked on my door with a brand new pack of RAM/heatsink fan). Worth the £7 in my book.

Registered+
    Thanks

I was initially put off by OCZ beco's of their location. But now I think I might try them again for my new ram

Registered+
    Thanks

Do you guys know the difference between the Gold , Platinum and Reaper series?
    Is it all about its overclockability? Not sure which type to get as they are similar in price.

Thread Information