Thread: Can anyone recommend an ADSL modem/Router with WiFi capabilities

Registered+
    Thanks

Can anyone recommend an ADSL modem/Router with WiFi capabilities

I am looking for an ADSL modem / Router with WiFi capabilities that can handle the following features:

- (4 or 5 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Ports) for fast (wired) internal network access.
    - WiFi capability of "N" draft, with a rage similar to the range max from NetGear.
    This is for connecting my computers, and network printer
    - A modem router that can work on a BT line (with either ADSL / ADSL+ / ADSL+2)
    - Most of the router that I have seen so far (which incorporate Gigabit LAN) are specifically aimed at Cable / DSL provider.

Although, ADSL, SDSL, VDSL are apparently subsets of the DSL Digital Subscriber Line, I do not know if my current internet provider which incidentally uses BT lines (i.e. demon, now known asThus), will be able to support a DSL modem router.
    I suppose that my best bet would be to contact "Thus" and ask them directly if a particular modem router will work with their broadband product.

The router I am particularly interested in is: Netgear WNR854T

Alternatively, If I do not find a suitable router I would opt for a Netgear RangeMax NEXT DG834N.

My current modem router is a Netgear DG834 (wired), however this one seem to be reaching its end of life as I need to reset it 4 or 5 times a day (it is after all nearly 7 years old now).
    The idea of going WiFi also appeals to me, however I prefer to have the primary PC directly linked to an Ethernet port for faster communications.

Any opinions or advice on this matter?

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Can anyone recommend an ADSL modem/Router with WiFi capabilities

After a little bit of research, I found out that Belkin and Sitecom, do produce ASDL modem routers with N draft wireless connectivity including Gigabit LAN connectors. I am not sure if these have MIMO capabilities. However, Netgear unfortunately do not produce any such modem routers.

The following links provide example of such models:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=450535
    http://www.sitecom.com/product.php?p...productid=748#
    http://www.sitecom.com/product.php?p...productid=749#

I have also found out that a lot of these modem routers, especially those with the features that I am looking for, have a bottleneck problem in terms of data transmission that occurs at the ADSL end. This is why most manufacturers tend to provide modem routers having these features, for DSL or cable broadband.

Thread Information