Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logitech MX 1000 Laser Cordless Mouse

Thanks

Logitech MX 1000 Laser Cordless Mouse and the Logitech MX Revolution

Anyone know where I could get one of these?? Checked out amazon, play.com but they don't have them

I had considered the Logitech MX Revolution but don't like th thumb scroll which will get in the way. Annoyingly my MX1000 gave up the ghost! Is there a trust worthy site that still sells it? Its the only mouse that has ticked every box for me, there must be one out there lol
    Last edited by AledJ; 08-08-2009 at 12:06 PM.

Thanks
    • GaryRW's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P35C DS3R
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • DDR2 4gb
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520w
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 2032BW

Re: Logitech MX 1000 Laser Cordless Mouse

A quick google gave: http://www.kikatek.com/product_info....oducts_id=2128

Whether kikatek are a trusty site or not????? never used them, not heard much.

Anyway, I'm using the MX620. Similar to the revolution, but without the thumb wheel. Uses the same scroll wheel, but you turn the freewheeling on and off with a switch underneath (I think you can switch between the 2 modes on the revolution by clicking the scroll wheel??)

The MX620 looks similar to the MX1000, but no charging cradle. Don't let that put you off - I put 2 new AA's in when new, and Logitech's software said they should last about a year. I don't think that was a massive exaggeration.

I got my MX620's from (wait for it....) PC world when they had them on special for £20. Liked the first one so I got one for work and for the missus. If you do get it, google for uber options. The logitech software is pretty flexible, letting you assign the buttons for different things in different programs. Uber options lets you set any of the buttons to do exactly what you want

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GaryRW View Post
    A quick google gave: http://www.kikatek.com/product_info....oducts_id=2128

Whether kikatek are a trusty site or not????? never used them, not heard much.

Anyway, I'm using the MX620. Similar to the revolution, but without the thumb wheel. Uses the same scroll wheel, but you turn the freewheeling on and off with a switch underneath (I think you can switch between the 2 modes on the revolution by clicking the scroll wheel??)

The MX620 looks similar to the MX1000, but no charging cradle. Don't let that put you off - I put 2 new AA's in when new, and Logitech's software said they should last about a year. I don't think that was a massive exaggeration.

I got my MX620's from (wait for it....) PC world when they had them on special for £20. Liked the first one so I got one for work and for the missus. If you do get it, google for uber options. The logitech software is pretty flexible, letting you assign the buttons for different things in different programs. Uber options lets you set any of the buttons to do exactly what you want
    I did see the mx620 but was not sure about the aa batteries with the weight. Does it make any difference? or is the mouse light and easy to move etc?

The mx1000 is a few years old so unless its from say amazon i don't think i can trust another not known site.

The Logitech MX1100 Cordless Laser Mouse is another possibility. Thing is having read some reviews on these with the aa batteries, people talk about the weight being an issue. I may also have to go back to a wired mouse! Anyone know if a wireless mouse can interfere with a wireless signal from a router?
    Last edited by AledJ; 25-07-2009 at 09:34 AM.

Thanks

How has it given up the ghost?

I've managed to resurrect a couple of mine with a good clean and new batteries.
    Recycling consultant

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by megah0 View Post
    How has it given up the ghost?

I've managed to resurrect a couple of mine with a good clean and new batteries.
    I have no idea!! It stopped charging unless you wriggled it around (not a problem more a minor annoyance). But then one day it would not charge at all! Tried cleaning the connector bits but nothing.............And I no longer have it- seems to have gone missing when I was redecorating my bedroom.

Thanks
    • madman045's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P9X79 Pro
      • CPU:
      • I7-3820
      • Memory:
      • 32GB
      • Storage:
      • Not enough!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD7970
      • PSU:
      • 850w Corsair
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 300R
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ultimate X64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2713HM & 2007WFP
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet FTTC - 30mbit/7mbit

My MX1000 base charger plug recently split so I was without a mouse, contacted logitech, sent them the required pictures of said failure and they sent me a brand new MX Revolution as the MX1000 has been discontinued

Which is a shame as my base and mouse work fine, guess ebay is my only option for spares

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madman045 View Post
    My MX1000 base charger plug recently split so I was without a mouse, contacted logitech, sent them the required pictures of said failure and they sent me a brand new MX Revolution as the MX1000 has been discontinued

Which is a shame as my base and mouse work fine, guess ebay is my only option for spares
    They similarly upgraded my MX700 to an MX1000 when it died.

Logitech support is fantastic.

OP, if you do find your mouse it might be worth cracking it open and replacing the battery, you will need some soldering skills. Replacement batteries are about a fiver.
    Recycling consultant

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madman045 View Post

What is the MX Revolution like to use?? Just concerned about the right thumb wheel. On the MX1000 the thumb sat nicely, but not sure how the thumb would sit with that wheel.

Thanks

They similarly upgraded my MX700 to an MX1000 when it died.

Logitech support is fantastic.

OP, if you do find your mouse it might be worth cracking it open and replacing the battery, you will need some soldering skills. Replacement batteries are about a fiver.
    I have looked for it everywhere I think it must have some got mixed up with some old pc stuff I got rid of. Plus I have no soldering skills or the kit to do it lol

Thanks

hmm, in that case it might be worth checking out your local Staples/PC World as I bought an MX1000 from them in the clearance bit a few months ago for around £18, there might still be a few examples knocking about
    Recycling consultant

11. Received thanks from:

AledJ (25-07-2009)

Thanks

hmm, in that case it might be worth checking out your local Staples/PC World as I bought an MX1000 from them in the clearance bit a few months ago for around £18, there might still be a few examples knocking about
    Might try that!! Failing that will try the MX Revolution and see if I like it! Annoying they killed off the mx1000- such a good mouse!

Thanks
    • GaryRW's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P35C DS3R
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • DDR2 4gb
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520w
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 2032BW

Quote Originally Posted by AledJ View Post
    I did see the mx620 but was not sure about the aa batteries with the weight. Does it make any difference? or is the mouse light and easy to move etc?
    The weight makes no difference to me, but I went from a wired mouse that came with the Dell I bought as my first pc. I suspect this sort of thing is highly personal, so might be an idea to go into your local staples, pc world whatever and try some out. When I got mine, they had the revolution on display so you could check whether the thumb wheel is an annoyance to you or not.

Can't remember if the revolution uses AA's - I think it's got a charging cradle like your old one hasn't it, but not sure whether that just charges AA type rechargeables? Anyway, if you take a couple of AA batteries with you, you could check the weight if they have the MX620 or any AA type mice - when I went, all the mice were empty and felt extremely light to me. I think I was much happier with the weight when I got it home and stuck the AA's in

14. Received thanks from:

AledJ (25-07-2009)

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Anyone know where new cradles for the MX1000 can be bought from?? I have a pair of MX1000 mice and the single cradle I had went kaput a while back.

Thanks

I've got a spare one
    Recycling consultant

Thanks

Just bought the Logitech MX Revolution but not had time to try it out The one concern I have is will it interfere with my wireless router connection ???

And annoyingly i'm having second thought about this purchase :| Have read that in game some people have knocked the thumb flick button, and it has minimized the game. Also in dod:s source i use the middle scroll for changing weapons- apparently there is an issue there too.

Can anyone confirm any of this?
    Last edited by AledJ; 08-08-2009 at 12:20 PM.

Thanks
    • dave87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus
      • CPU:
      • i5 3470k under Corsair H80 WC
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240gb SSD + 120gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus HD7950
      • PSU:
      • XFX 600w Modular
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A05FNB + Acoustipack
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell S2309W (1920x1080)
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity Option 2

I had two MX1000s, one of which broke and Logitech kindly replaced it with an MX Revolution.

Mixed thoughts on the MX Revolution - I found the perfect compromise between gaming mouse and everyday mouse in the MX1000, and for me, the MX Revolution shifts the compromise more towards the everyday mouse. It is many times better than the MX1000 in normal desktop duties, but I prefer the shape of the MX1000 when playing the odd game of COD4/5 etc.

You shouldn't regret it though, it is a brilliant mouse - but I think Logitech did almost too well with the MX1000

Oh, and it shouldn't interfere with your wireless router - mine hasn't caused any issues.
    Last edited by dave87; 08-08-2009 at 07:40 PM. Reason: half asleep when typed...d'oh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information