Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pink LED fans ?

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Pink LED fans ?

Thanks! I hope she'll appreciate it for a looooong time ) I don't foresee I'll be asked anytime soon to make another one, but if people ask, I'll have to check with Sanrio if I need permission for my interpretation/visualization of their characters )

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pob255 View Post
    that's his blog log

EDIT: and the case mod seems be be coming along well Epyon777, I love the way thoes hello kitty decals are coming out.

ps is that the same pink on the outside that you used on the inside?
    It looks more blue, if you know what I mean, could just be the light.
    Thanks Pob255. There are actually two pink paints - a darker on the inside and a lighter one on the outside. The blueish tint is just from the ambient light. I'm also planning on using the darker one to create large flowers on the outside, that will break the monotony of a plain background. It will add an extra dimension to the whole thing. I hope the weather holds up so that I can finish it. I'm painting this case outside

Thanks

Simply awesome dude, what Volt are the pink led's you bought ? Am i right in thinking you bought 5mm and just drilled the holes a bit larger. Looks really smart !

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by modd1uk View Post
    Simply awesome dude, what Volt are the pink led's you bought ? Am i right in thinking you bought 5mm and just drilled the holes a bit larger. Looks really smart !
    Thanks Modd1uk The pink LEDs run at max 3.3 Volts. And yes, these are 5mm. I did make the holes a bit bigger with the soldering iron. It was less messy than drilling. If you're replacing existing fan LEDs, you won't have to worry about voltage or current. The fan already has the circuitry to prevent LEDs from burning out. I have tried one connected directly to 5V and it smoked almost instantly! ) Some things to keep in mind - different colors mean also different operational voltages. For example, red, yellow, and orange will work at about 2 Volts. Not sure if this is enough to drive a pink one. The blue, white, and true green ones operate at about 3V. That's why I bought a fan with blue LEDs and not red - difference of about 1 Volt. The blue LEDs operate at about the same voltage as the pink ones. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions. I'll be happy to answer 'em.

Thanks
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX8350 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 2gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz cas9
      • Storage:
      • 512gb samsung SSD +1tb Samsung HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EGVA GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic GX 650W
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • iiyama XB3270QS-B1 32" IPS 1440p

Quote Originally Posted by Epyon777 View Post
    Thanks Pob255. There are actually two pink paints - a darker on the inside and a lighter one on the outside. The blueish tint is just from the ambient light. I'm also planning on using the darker one to create large flowers on the outside, that will break the monotony of a plain background. It will add an extra dimension to the whole thing. I hope the weather holds up so that I can finish it. I'm painting this case outside
    get some more posts so you can start a thread in the Project log section
    http://forums.hexus.net/project-logs/

Sorry to keep hijacking you thread modd1uk

I ask about the pink because many light Pinks have blue in them, which makes it look a bit lighter but also very cold, I really dislike cold blue pinks, they are just nasty

Thread Information