Thread: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Dodgy mic input??!

MurphmanL

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Dodgy mic input??!

Help!! I just got an Audigy 2, ive had it about a week now and it seems that my microphone (and yes its in the right socket) only works on the occassion. It works fine with my old 16 bit Terratec Aureon 5.1 Fun, but now with the audigy 2 it either works (and well it does) or just dont work whatsoever... so do u guys think this is a mic prob or soundcard prob? Or is the audigy 2 known for mic problems?

Thanks
    Try latest drivers, make sure that the sound card is firmly seated and that the microphone cable is firmly in the socket.

When did the problem start? Any new programs/new hardware, or has it always been a problem with the Sound Blaster Audigy 2?

Try a different microphone and see if that makes any difference. Also try sticking your old card and see if that works.

Hope this helps

Mike
    "Well, there was your Uncle Tiberius who died wrapped in cabbage leaves but we assumed that was a freak accident."

MurphmanL
    Ive reinstalled windows and it seems to be working ok now with the latest drivers from creative, however if the mic plays up any more ill return it for cash and get an Aureon 5.1 Sky

MurphmanL
    Well after turning on the pc this morning the mic volume, and several other controls have magically disappeared from windows! :s
    So i took off the case and checked the card, refitted it perfectly, turned on the pc and beep! Took off case, refitted card again and fine it worked
    Same problems tho, even tho the card is still in its PCI slot correctly, mic in and digital out ports seem to be not responding all the time... also volume can go up down and mute when it feels like it
    My Audigy 2 (although a great card) seems screwed... so i shall be taking it back, any thoughts on a Terratec Aureon 5.1 Sky? Or should I chance another Audigy 2 :s

Thanks
    Sounds either like driver problems to me (try Driver Cleaner) or like you have a virus. Make sure that all your virus definitions are up to date.
    "Well, there was your Uncle Tiberius who died wrapped in cabbage leaves but we assumed that was a freak accident."

Thread Information