Thread: Watercooling.

Thanks

Watercooling.

Well it looks asthough my bike is sold now, got some spare cash so going to spend some more on my pc.

Current spec,

955be @ stock speeds
    gigabyte ma770t mobo
    few hdd's,
    hx520
    tj09 case.

Now im tempted to buy a TJ07 and watercool it, as this case really doesnt have the room for a tidy setup.

I think il just cool the CPU and leave the gpu and mobo alone, anybody any ideas for a neat setup that would fit in the TJ07 ? Ive not had watercooling for some years now, does it still get dirty like it used to ?

Thanks

Re: Watercooling.

Is there blocks available for the 4890 yet ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by modd1uk View Post
    ...anybody any ideas for a neat setup that would fit in the TJ07
    Unless you're going absolutely insane with what you're planning to use, the TJ07 has loads of room for watercooling and equipment so space isn't so much an issue. If you take the drive bays out of the bottom, it makes a nice area for the rad/s too

Can't recommend any watercooling equipment as I've dropped mine for a while, but the TJ07 comes strongly recommended from me. By far the best case I've owned
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    • oolon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6T6
      • CPU:
      • Xeon w3680
      • Memory:
      • 3*4GB Kingston ECC
      • Storage:
      • 160GB Intel G2 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX HD6970 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Antec P183
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate and Centos 5
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2408WFP
      • Internet:
      • Be* Unlimied 6 down/1.2 up

4890 Block.... Are these what you are looking for? Full block or lite make by EK being sold by specialtech.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    Unless you're going absolutely insane with what you're planning to use, the TJ07 has loads of room for watercooling and equipment so space isn't so much an issue. If you take the drive bays out of the bottom, it makes a nice area for the rad/s too

Can't recommend any watercooling equipment as I've dropped mine for a while, but the TJ07 comes strongly recommended from me. By far the best case I've owned
    The general conciencious (think thats spelt wrong?) over the net is the TJ07 is the best case for watercooling, i currently have a TJ09, just thinking for watercooling and a TJ07 im looking at £500.

Thanks

are EK a good brand ? Also what size tubing should i be opting for, its YEARS since i had watercooling, so i am a complete novice to the market at the moment.

Syd
    Thanks
    • Syd's system
      • Motherboard:
      • EVGA 760 Classified / X570S Tomahawk / gigabyte gaming 7 1150
      • CPU:
      • I7 920@3.8 / 5800X / 4790k
      • Memory:
      • 18GB Dominator DDR3 1600 / 32GB Crucial 3600 / 16GB GSill
      • Storage:
      • 980pro Nvme / Sam840's/ Sam SM951
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 690GTX on Water/ 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • AX860/1250w Seasonic
      • Case:
      • TJ07 / PCV700
      • Operating System:
      • 10 64/ 10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 30” 3090 + ASUS 27 144HZ 1440p IPS
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre pro

are EK a good brand ? Also what size tubing should i be opting for, its YEARS since i had watercooling, so i am a complete novice to the market at the moment.
    Firstly I can confirm that the TJ07 is a Super case - stunning to look at, beautifully built and tons of space for up to a very high end W/C set-up.

Triple/Quad Rad in the base if you take out the h/d bays - and i'm popping a 240mm slim rad in the roof as well with just a couple of modded brackets. With a triple in the bottom compartment there is also room for the pump and cable management to keep the upper compartment nice and clear.

If you click on the link in my sig you can see my build log so far

Re the EK gear. I have heard that the quality of it has been more questionable in the last year or so, however I have One of their resevoirs and GPU blocks and sofar i'm very impressed.

GL with your plans m8 and any advice or questions please ask - there are some great guys on here that are very knowledgeable and they have given me the confidence to take the plunge

BTW - IME you would do well to contact Tom over at Chilled PC for your bits - they offer a massive range at very competitive prices, and best of all the service is second to none!!!

My very first watercooled PC project log

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Syd View Post
    Firstly I can confirm that the TJ07 is a Super case - stunning to look at, beautifully built and tons of space for up to a very high end W/C set-up.

Triple/Quad Rad in the base if you take out the h/d bays - and i'm popping a 240mm slim rad in the roof as well with just a couple of modded brackets. With a triple in the bottom compartment there is also room for the pump and cable management to keep the upper compartment nice and clear.

If you click on the link in my sig you can see my build log so far

Re the EK gear. I have heard that the quality of it has been more questionable in the last year or so, however I have One of their resevoirs and GPU blocks and sofar i'm very impressed.

GL with your plans m8 and any advice or questions please ask - there are some great guys on here that are very knowledgeable and they have given me the confidence to take the plunge

BTW - IME you would do well to contact Tom over at Chilled PC for your bits - they offer a massive range at very competitive prices, and best of all the service is second to none!!!
    Ive been following your log for a while, seems to have come to a stop for now though ? God bless your DHL man eh !.

Thanks

Wouldn't say the TJ07 was the best, as I'm sure one of the Mountain Mods or Lian Li cases could claim that spot, but is a damn good case and pretty good looking too.

With regards to barb size and tubing, I'd suggest 1/2" barbs with 7/16" tubing as being the most secure fitment. Can require the tubing to be warmed to fit onto the barbs.

I'd recommend a silver kill coil to stop microbes growing in the loop and some form of corrosion inhibitor such as Pentosin to stop any metal reaction.

As Syd suggests I'd take a good look over at ChilledPC as Tom is a top guy and will help you out if you have any issues.

EK had a bad batch of blocks caused by a mis-measurement of the mounting holes about a year or so back but they replaced all the affected blocks, just that it took a long time for items shipped into the states to arrive initially and then subsequently for the replacements to arrive. Causing the Yanks to moan about EK rather unjustly imo, rather than their paranoid custom controls that obviously don't work anyway lol

Syd
    Thanks
    • Syd's system
      • Motherboard:
      • EVGA 760 Classified / X570S Tomahawk / gigabyte gaming 7 1150
      • CPU:
      • I7 920@3.8 / 5800X / 4790k
      • Memory:
      • 18GB Dominator DDR3 1600 / 32GB Crucial 3600 / 16GB GSill
      • Storage:
      • 980pro Nvme / Sam840's/ Sam SM951
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 690GTX on Water/ 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • AX860/1250w Seasonic
      • Case:
      • TJ07 / PCV700
      • Operating System:
      • 10 64/ 10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 30” 3090 + ASUS 27 144HZ 1440p IPS
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre pro

Ive been following your log for a while, seems to have come to a stop for now though ? God bless your DHL man eh !.
    The DHL man is great - even forgave him for leaving it until 17.00 to turn up yesterday (when I 'd waited at home all day on my day off!) TBF he did give me all day to play Fallout 3

Now the build should get going again with the GPU block it will soon be time to get the PC full of fluid!!!

My very first watercooled PC project log

Thread Information