Thread: Whats Holding Me Back?

Thanks

Whats Holding Me Back?

Last night, i was completely and utter bored senseless so i thought "time for some overclocking" due to someone non-stop sending me benchmark results. So anyhoo, overclocked the CPU to 2.64 (used the Asus thing) and my machine seems to be a bit quicker, but only gaining a few hundred points on PC Mark 02. The funny thing is, my ram seems to be losing points.....by a few hundred. Is my ram holding me back? Also, the machines acting strange. Sent a file to someone through MSN and the transfer bar started rewinding (so to speak) like it was rolling back the data it had sent, but the file got to him and worked Also, menu's are slower, graphics are worse, (although they cant get much worse than what they were!) but overall getting into windows is quicker....im thinking RAM, with it only being cheap 2700....Am i right? If not, any ideas? Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Anyone? PC is back at stock speed. Just formateed and re-installed XP, seems a lot slower. HELP! Is it my ram? Pleeeeeeeeaaase reply!

Thanks
    You can check the RAM with Memtest. I'd also take a look at the temperatures, especially under stress.
    "Well, there was your Uncle Tiberius who died wrapped in cabbage leaves but we assumed that was a freak accident."

Thanks
    CPU = 30 mb = 27 using winamp 5, msn, 1xIE and yahoo messenger. Pc is slow and unresponsive. When i click a quick lauch, it takes seconds (more than 5) to launch the less demanding apps. gonna check with memtest now.

EDIT : Its playing around now, it is back at its normal speed....didnt get time to check with memtest, plus just tidied my case up and left the floppy drive disconnected! Doh! Anyway, new ram soon, i think its the ram, keeps failing the benchmarks for ram on pc mark 02.
    Last edited by Clstrphbc_donut; 04-04-2004 at 03:18 PM.

Thread Information