Thread: gigabyte ma770-ds3 (revision 1) and am3 cpu's ?

Thanks
    • chaotic_russ's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CrosshairIV Formula 890FX
      • CPU:
      • PHENOM II 1100T X6 @4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • RipJawX PC3-12800C9 2x4gb
      • Storage:
      • OCZ Onyx 64gb SSD + 1tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
      • PSU:
      • CM Silent Pro M1000W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster cm690 modded
      • Operating System:
      • Windows7 home premium x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer H243H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin broadband

gigabyte ma770-ds3 (revision 1) and am3 cpu's ?

i contacted gigabyte support asking which of the am3 cpu's my motherboard will support and got the following reply >

Hi,

Revision 1.0 motherboard doesnt support AM3 CPU, but Revision 2.0 does.

http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/Products/...ProductID=2874
    what is wrong with gigabyte cause this news states other wise "GIGABYTE Announces Support for AMD® AM3/AM2+ 45nm Processors -
    -- Simple BIOS Upgrade to Deliver AMD 45nm CPU Support "

am i correct in thinking the gigabyte support team know nothing ?

Thanks

Re: gigabyte ma770-ds3 (revision 1) and am3 cpu's ?

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic_russ View Post
    i contacted gigabyte support asking which of the am3 cpu's my motherboard will support and got the following reply >

what is wrong with gigabyte cause (can not post url) news states other wise "GIGABYTE Announces Support for AMD® AM3/AM2+ 45nm Processors -
    -- Simple BIOS Upgrade to Deliver AMD 45nm CPU Support "

am i correct in thinking the gigabyte support team know nothing ?
    Hi, its been a year, but this bluff still exists.
    yesterday i wrote mail to Gigaloosers . My gramar and so is awfull since I left school 10 years ago, but i think that from my mail they understood this problem, because 1/2 day after my mail they deleted MB GA-MA770- DS3 revision 1.0 from support lists and announcement article . Band of loosers.
    See this article (from bottom)

Dear XXXXX,

This mail has been forward to sales department, our person in charge from related department will have further confirmation and see how can we help you .

We will notice you as soon as possible.

However, if you do not receive any further information after a week, please kindly inform us again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY
    Question - 809290
    Sent : 9/15/2009 21:49
    Question : Hello again,
    if you did not mention, I am a little bit upset, so your irony about my "kindly mail" is hilarious. I cannot believe my eyes. Please explain me this (can not post url) Meanwhile i`ve read some other forums and some guys claims that BIOS v. F7 for this MB supports AM3 CPUs. Finally i dont know who to trust. If you guys from PR can be so kind and may ask some technician about this issue, instead of looking at the same chart as I was. Thanks a lot.
    And finally The question again: How is possible to sell AM2+ MB (with proclamation on AM3 compatibility, "cannot post url ) that does not support AM3 CPUs? I do not know how it goes in your country, but in Czech republic we call this customer bluffing and its definetely considered as criminal behaviour. No offence.

Answer - 808712
    Answer : Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, we are sorry that according to hardware design and specification, GA-MA770-DS3(rev. 1.0)
    does not support Athlon II 250 CPU and other AM3 CPU.

If you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
    GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY
    Question - 808712
    Sent : 9/14/2009 16:47
    Question : Hello, first i wanna apologize for gramar and mistakes
    I bought this AM2+ MB in june 2008 and I was expecting that lately I could upgrade my CPU to some AM3 model. Now I wanna buy new CPU Athlon II 250, so I checked your CPU support tables and no AM3 CPU is supported for rev 1.0 of this MB. Is it realy true? Because if it is, I was CHEATED. How is possible to sell AM2+ MB (with advertise on AM3 compatibility) that does not support AM3 CPUs? Even in shop, they told me, that this MB supports AM3 CPUs...

PS: If I knew that in june 2008 I would not buy this MB, but in that time it was not possible (even on Gigabyte web) to verify that this MB supports AM3 CPUs. There was only large advertising campaign saying AM2+ MBs supports AM3 CPUs.

So is it realy true, that I cannot upgrade to AM3 CPU? Because if it is, its big customer bluffing...
    Last edited by moncic; 17-09-2009 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks

Re: gigabyte ma770-ds3 (revision 1) and am3 cpu's ?

today: revised announcement here (www) gigabyte.cz/news/260.html

but yesterday it looked like this (www) tweaktown.com/pressrelease/563/gigabyte_announces_support_for_amd_am3_am2_45nm/index.html
    Last edited by moncic; 17-09-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Thread Information