Thread: HELP - Buy Sony Vaio LN1M??

Registered+
    Thanks

HELP - Buy Sony Vaio LN1M??

Hi guys,

I am about to buy, for a REALLY good price from a friend of mine, the Sony Vaio LN1M all-in-one desktop machine.

I know its not SLI and super water-cooled etc, but I do like its sex appeal in its design and reasonable portability, plus it can play Blu-Ray in HD, which is pretty cool.

The only thing I'm weary of is the nVidia 9300 GS 256MB GPU... I'm no gamer to be honest, but it may be nice, if sometime in the future, I wanna stick on a bit of Unreal Tournament etc..

What are the limitations of such a graphics card?

And all in all, I'm getting it for about £380, however, no warranty left and no remote control, mouse or keyboard - is that worth it? Can I take this anywhere to get fixed if it does break?

Thanks guys!

Nick
    Last edited by dynamoboy; 11-10-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • dell 2007wfp and Lg L194WT
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

Re: HELP - Buy Sony Vaio LN1M??

I'm guessing based on those specs, much like the iMac it uses laptop internals which makes replacement parts very expensive so it won't be cheap to fix, but it should be reliable.. sony have that it their favour.

The graphics card is trash, it will play new games at very basic levels of detail/resolution but will have no problem with older games.

If you are capable of building I might suggest building yourself a desktop but with no monitor/os to reuse, the price will stack up. Up to you, it will be a great media pc but not gaming and difficult to fix.

Thread Information