Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 33 to 48 of 48

Thread: DFI P55 Mini ITX

  1. #33
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1 time in 1 post

    Re: DFI P55 Mini ITX

    Finally it's there.....

    http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=1127026

    Fill your boots!!

  2. Received thanks from:

    mac124 (30-12-2009)

  3. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    453
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked
    47 times in 44 posts
    • mac124's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P55 GD65
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 750 @ 4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Mushkin Redline 2133
      • Storage:
      • 40Gb Mushkin SSD + 500GB F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX580.
      • PSU:
      • Evo Blue 650
      • Case:
      • Akasa Infiniti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung
      • Internet:
      • 1Mb thanks to living in the sticks.

    Re: DFI P55 Mini ITX

    Cool, now all i need is the money to clear from the sale of my systems and i can buy one .
    Hack: i5 2500~ASROCK Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3~8GB Vengance~HD4770~ ANTEC 302~CX600.
    Gamer: i7 3820 @ 4.4Ghz~MSI X79A-GD65~16GB Redline 2133~Gigabyte GTX580~TT A90~CM SILENT PRO 1000w.



  4. #35
    Moosen CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    28,965
    Thanks
    3,225
    Thanked
    4,520 times in 3,486 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: DFI P55 Mini ITX



    Those despicable Elk,stealing the pond weed!

  5. #36
    Asking silly questions menthel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Rainey Park...
    Posts
    5,077
    Thanks
    258
    Thanked
    97 times in 78 posts

    Re: DFI P55 Mini ITX

    This has my interest. I am just starting to think about upgrading and downsizing at the same time as my P182 is a big fellow! One of these in a case that holds a decent sized gfx card (5850 or whatever the nvidia equivalent may be) along with 4gb of ram (the only downside, I would like to have put 8gb in this time round just for a giggle) and I would be very happy!
    Not around too often!

  6. #37
    Moosen CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    28,965
    Thanks
    3,225
    Thanked
    4,520 times in 3,486 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: DFI P55 Mini ITX

    Quote Originally Posted by menthel View Post
    This has my interest. I am just starting to think about upgrading and downsizing at the same time as my P182 is a big fellow! One of these in a case that holds a decent sized gfx card (5850 or whatever the nvidia equivalent may be) along with 4gb of ram (the only downside, I would like to have put 8gb in this time round just for a giggle) and I would be very happy!
    http://forums.hexus.net/small-form-f...-pictures.html

    http://forums.hexus.net/small-form-f...-pictures.html


    Those despicable Elk,stealing the pond weed!

  7. #38
    Asking silly questions menthel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Rainey Park...
    Posts
    5,077
    Thanks
    258
    Thanked
    97 times in 78 posts

    Re: DFI P55 Mini ITX

    Problems there:

    1) sg-07 is rendered as ugly as sin by that minging front.

    2) I can't buy a shuttle just to drop in a P55 mobo. I would want to stick a i5 750 into it. And shuttles are bleeding expensive- I have had a few in my time!
    Not around too often!

  8. #39
    Moosen CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    28,965
    Thanks
    3,225
    Thanked
    4,520 times in 3,486 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: DFI P55 Mini ITX

    Quote Originally Posted by menthel View Post
    Problems there:

    1) sg-07 is rendered as ugly as sin by that minging front.

    2) I can't buy a shuttle just to drop in a P55 mobo. I would want to stick a i5 750 into it. And shuttles are bleeding expensive- I have had a few in my time!
    I agree about the first point. On the second point there are both P55 and X58 based Shuttles coming out and the new models can mount mini ITX based motherboards.

    OTH,you could always modify a Shuttle SFF case to take a mini ITX motherboard.
    Last edited by CAT-THE-FIFTH; 14-01-2010 at 05:51 PM.


    Those despicable Elk,stealing the pond weed!

  9. #40
    Asking silly questions menthel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Rainey Park...
    Posts
    5,077
    Thanks
    258
    Thanked
    97 times in 78 posts

    Re: DFI P55 Mini ITX

    Glad to here there will be a P55 version. I may hold out for a while. As for modding, the days of cutting up shuttle cases is past. I have done it before and it's no fun!
    Not around too often!

  10. #41
    Moosen CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    28,965
    Thanks
    3,225
    Thanked
    4,520 times in 3,486 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: DFI P55 Mini ITX

    Quote Originally Posted by menthel View Post
    Glad to here there will be a P55 version. I may hold out for a while. As for modding, the days of cutting up shuttle cases is past. I have done it before and it's no fun!
    Sorry,I meant H55 motherboard!! Anyway modifying a Shuttle case to take a mini ITX motherboard should only involved drilling a few holes in the base to fit the motherboard as the Shuttle motherboards are bigger than a mini ITX one.


    Those despicable Elk,stealing the pond weed!

  11. #42
    Asking silly questions menthel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Rainey Park...
    Posts
    5,077
    Thanks
    258
    Thanked
    97 times in 78 posts

    Re: DFI P55 Mini ITX

    Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    Sorry,I meant H55 motherboard!! Anyway modifying a Shuttle case to take a mini ITX motherboard should only involved drilling a few holes in the base to fit the motherboard as the Shuttle motherboards are bigger than a mini ITX one.
    That's how it starts, just a few little holes...

    I think I will hold off until nvidia show us what gpus they have up their sleeves and act then!
    Not around too often!

  12. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: DFI P55 Mini ITX

    Does anybody has this board because I'm having some issues with it.

    So here's the config

    DFI P55
    i5 at stock speed
    OZC 4GB Gold Edition 1066 (OCZ3G10664GK)
    Samsung Spinpoint T Series HD501LJ 500GB
    XFX HD5850 Black Edition
    D-Link DWA-140 USB Network Adapter
    Win 7 64

    And the issues are:

    1.When shutted down for a while, and started, Windows start ok but after a couple seconds in desktop the hard drives seems to stop (no crunching sounds) and I get a screen full of vertical gray bars.
    2. When left on sleep for a while and restarted, it won't reboot into windows, it will only restart over and over again and the display don't open. After pulling the plug (because it's the only thing that stops the thing) it boots ok like in hibernating mode but takes more time to do so than a full boot from shut down process.

    I checked memtest for a couple of hours without errors. When playing games for hours I don't get errors or anything else from the 5850. I'm guessing the hdd with Win7. I will try with a different hdd soon to see .

  13. #44
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1 time in 1 post

    Re: DFI P55 Mini ITX

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkoran View Post
    Does anybody has this board because I'm having some issues with it.

    So here's the config

    DFI P55
    i5 at stock speed
    OZC 4GB Gold Edition 1066 (OCZ3G10664GK)
    Samsung Spinpoint T Series HD501LJ 500GB
    XFX HD5850 Black Edition
    D-Link DWA-140 USB Network Adapter
    Win 7 64

    And the issues are:

    1.When shutted down for a while, and started, Windows start ok but after a couple seconds in desktop the hard drives seems to stop (no crunching sounds) and I get a screen full of vertical gray bars.
    2. When left on sleep for a while and restarted, it won't reboot into windows, it will only restart over and over again and the display don't open. After pulling the plug (because it's the only thing that stops the thing) it boots ok like in hibernating mode but takes more time to do so than a full boot from shut down process.

    I checked memtest for a couple of hours without errors. When playing games for hours I don't get errors or anything else from the 5850. I'm guessing the hdd with Win7. I will try with a different hdd soon to see .
    What have you set suspend/resume to in the BIOS?

  14. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: DFI P55 Mini ITX

    If I remember correctly I did not change anything in the bios appart from memory that was locked on 800 and I locked it on 1067 (weird thing isn't supposed to be 1066?) But I don't think it could be that since the issues are only on cold boot. I'll try to unplug all usb devices to see if it has something to do.

    Also if I remember correctly, with the gray bar thing, the LED POST display nothing but the usual AA code wich is what it display in a normal working state. For the sleep issue, it has a sequence full of D# (the number change 2-3 times) that keeps repeating. For sleep I did not moved the jack to enabled USB and/or PS2 wake on lan. It's something I could try too. And there is nowhere I could find a guide for LED POST which is a shame when you include it as a feature in a board, could you please add in your board manual all the codes to make this feature useful?
    Last edited by Alkoran; 18-01-2010 at 08:02 AM.

  15. #46
    Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,056
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked
    725 times in 459 posts

    Re: DFI P55 Mini ITX

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkoran View Post
    If I remember correctly I did not change anything in the bios appart from memory that was locked on 800 and I locked it on 1067 (weird thing isn't supposed to be 1066?) But I don't think it could be that since the issues are only on cold boot. I'll try to unplug all usb devices to see if it has something to do.

    Also if I remember correctly, with the gray bar thing, the LED POST display nothing but the usual AA code wich is what it display in a normal working state. For the sleep issue, it has a sequence full of D# (the number change 2-3 times) that keeps repeating. For sleep I did not moved the jack to enabled USB and/or PS2 wake on lan. It's something I could try too. And there is nowhere I could find a guide for LED POST which is a shame when you include it as a feature in a board, could you please add in your board manual all the codes to make this feature useful?
    Full list of post codes and beep codes for the AMI BIOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

  16. #47
    Moosen CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    28,965
    Thanks
    3,225
    Thanked
    4,520 times in 3,486 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: DFI P55 Mini ITX

    I wonder when the Zotac H55-ITX will come out??

    It would be a good basis for an SFF build!!


    Those despicable Elk,stealing the pond weed!

  17. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: DFI P55 Mini ITX

    Thanks a lot for the POST url!

    I did a "Load Optimal Setup" in the bios and now the problems seem to be gone

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. USB digital TV adaptor to add to mini ITX media box
    By batfastad in forum Consumer Electronics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-05-2009, 11:25 AM
  2. Cheap mini itx
    By tinners in forum PC Hardware and Components
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 01:41 PM
  3. Antec Mini P180 - mini ITX
    By tinners in forum PC Hardware and Components
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 11:44 PM
  4. Mini ITX PSU questions
    By Sprite in forum PC Hardware and Components
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 09:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •