Thread: Asus X5DAB - £379

Thanks

Thumbs up Asus X5DAB - £379

This is my brief 'first impressions' review of the Asus X5DAB laptop.

My wife's new Asus X5DAB just arrived today, I put the battery in, turned it on, and the OS took less than 30 minutes to install before I was connected to the internet downloading updates and securing my *FREE* copy of Windows 7, inclusive of select Asus product purchases.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/169125

To be honest, I was a bit skeptical, but after a lot of research, I decided to 'bite the bullet'. I'm pleased with this laptop so far. It is sleak and beautiful, quiet, cool, and the keyboard feels good and makes no sound. It has a Radeon Mobile 4570 for gaming performance, and has an option to switch to a 3200 for power savings when you're not gaming.

I'm downloading Lord of the Rings Online on it right now, it's going at 600.0K/sec on its wireless connection, which to me is fast enough, considering that I have BT internet (which is very poor in my opinion, but it gets the job done).

I know a lot of people, like myself, are looking for an affordable laptop that they can play games on. Well I haven't played any games on it yet, but I will update you. I am optimistic that it will run the game just fine.

You won't have insane resolution at 1366x768, but it's modest, and you won't play Crysis on Ultra settings, but I bet it can play it on low settings, and other games it can play on medium settings without any frame drops.

So, I'd like to suggest that anyone interested in an affordable all-around laptop check this one out, this is my first-impressions review as I said, and I'll update you more when I actually test its gaming performance. But everything else thus far is 5/5 Stars

Price: 5/5
    Asthetics: 5/5
    Weight: 5/5 (for my taste, I wouldn't mind carrying it around anywhere, it's lighter than many others I've felt, especially for its size)
    Wireless Connectivity: 5/5
    Display: 4/5 (it's not the highest quality panel of course but it's perfect for me)
    Gaming Performance: 3/5 (For the price it is amazing, I can play games just fine, albeit they aren't eyecandy, I can log into my MMO's and get things done without any problems)

No complaints
    Last edited by Robscure; 27-11-2009 at 07:11 PM.

Thanks

Re: Asus X5DAB - £379

Thanks Robscure, I was just looking at this laptop.

Any chance you could post an update on how you're getting on with it now you've had it a few days?

Did you have any luck playing games on it?

Thanks again.

Thread Information