Quote Originally Posted by DanceswithUnix View Post
... on a 760 chipset motherboard and the integrated graphics ate the AGP 9550se graphics the machine originally had ...
That's not entirely surprising given the 9550 was barely a mid range card back in its day though

Even at 1024x768 with low details the HD4200 is significantly slower than a discreet HD3450 (that's the HD3200, but the GPU is exactly the same in terms of 3D performance), and the 3450 has very similar performance to the 2400XT in the previous review I linked - which has at best 50% of the performance of the X1650. So I stick by my previous position that modern ATI integrated graphics would be a performance downgrade (although I'll take that point that it might not be as much of a downgrade as I intimated).

Quote Originally Posted by DanceswithUnix View Post
I would worry about recommending a very cheap motherboard to someone with a history of buying an FX cpu
With the price of HD4650 (and indeed HD4670) GPUs now, it wouldn't have to be a *very* cheap motherboard. There's some nice 770-based mobos around at the £50 price point, and the OP may also be interested in these ebuyer bundle deals