Thread: Nvidia cards wont play games properly in newest drivers

Thanks

Nvidia cards wont play games properly in newest drivers

I had a 8600GT and, when I updated the drivers, I couldnt play anymore, cause the

mouse USB and headset USB were freezing every time during the game (keyboard too, and its not USB, so, every input output device is affected!!!)

ok ... solution: I got back to old drivers, never updated, no problems ...

NOW mine 8600GT got damaged, then I bought a new card, another nvidia card, a GTX260

I installed a new system, a windows 7 system, installed the lastest drivers and ... well, I cant play

So, I tried to figure it out what I could do to stop this usb devices freezing thing

Then I made an overclock in my 1.8 processor @ 3.0

So, the games started to work properly

The problem is, my system cannot mantain this overclock, and I cant use older drivers, since this card is new.

So please, What is going on and what can I do to fix my problems ... I think I let it clear that the problems are within the new drivers, since I could play with 8600GT without any problem without updating to newest drivers ....

really, is an ATi card the solution?

1 - its not a PSU, one driver to another dont change the PSU usage
    2 - its not a processor problem, since I could play with certain drivers in 8600gt
    3 - well, its not a usb problem, since I could play with certain drivers in 8600gt
    4 - no, its not the OS, I had problems both in xp and vista and even seven ... I tried everything ...

my specs
    GTX260 (8600GT before)
    E4300
    Abit FP IN9 (nforce 650i SLI)
    PSU Seventeam 550W
    Windows XP - Windows Seven
    I think it was 178.24 the driver I was using that 8600 worked properly ... later drivers wouldnt work without freezing my usb devices
    I tried a lot of drivers for my new GTX260, but none worked

Thanks

Re: Nvidia cards wont play games properly in newest drivers

I FIX IT, I think

How I fix it: I took out the headset USB

But now it comes the weirder thing of the year I guess

What is the cause?

1) Headset with problems? I dont think so, since it worked well in the ancient nvidia geforce drivers. And the headset it is plug and play
    2) Nvidia did something that is causing a major conflict with USB management in mine computer - I think it is this, since I could play with old drivers and, if I did an overclock, I could solve this with no problem. You all know that with an overclock, the processor can take more requests at less time, so it would make all the requests without any problems with an headset and a mouse. I will test this theory tomorrow, maybe try to use other usb devices, maybe find a new headset to test it with.
    3) Nvidia did something causing a problem with the specific headset and causes a major disaster in USB management - I dont think so, but it could be it ... I would need to try to test with another headset USB, if it works, then maybe it is it.

well, sorry guys for the long thead, but I dont think anyone would have guessed that taking out a headset would solve the problem ... I really would have liked to post this later, with some conclusions, sorry ... I mean, I will try to find out tomorrow what really is happenning.

thanx for all your help, but man, its too much to handle for me for 1 day ...

its all nvidia's fault .. man, they should pay me now ..

Thanks

Re: Nvidia cards wont play games properly in newest drivers

I'm glad you have sorted it out.

With regards to the headset, have you tried it in different usb ports?

Thread Information