• Corsair HX 850W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Cosmos 2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hyundai W240 PVA

Razer Mamba or Logitech G700...

Hey guys, I'm in search of a new mouse... My main mouse for almost 6 years has been a logitech mx1000, but the charging base has a been a bit iffy for the last year or so. I finally let go off it earlier this year as the hassle of trying to charge the mouse was too much. Since then I have been back to my microsoft intellimouse 3.0 (yes i know thats even older than the mx1000). But recently the right mouse button has stopped working and I am now in dire need of a new mouse.

I would prefer wireless mouse now having used one for so long, and also want it to be rechargable. I had set myself on getting a Razer mamba since it met these two conditions. But i have been worried due to some reports of micro-stuttering and very poor battery life... I don't mind placing the mouse on the charging cardle each night, but having to recharge after several hrs of use would be a nightmare... My other main concern was whether it would be comfy...

Even though I had so many concerns I thought i'd order one since it seemed to be the best match for me. That was until I saw the logitech g700... Read a few reviews on it and it seems like a good alternative. The shape of the mouse looks similar to all the mx series so getting used to it seems easy. But its the side buttons and the ones on the left mouse button that look like it may get in the way of my grip... Although the charging cable is easier to connect than on the mamba, I would have liked the use of a cradle since I like plonking the mouse on one instead of connecting a cable (yes i'm that lazy...). So apart from these and the obvious bling factor of the blue lights on the mamba it looks very good.

So.... has anyone got either one or even both and have any suggestions? Thank you for the help in advance

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Raz62's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6X58D Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 920 (3.35Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Dominator 6GB
      • Storage:
      • Lots :D
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 285 GTX
      • PSU:
      • Cooler Master Real Power Pro 850W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone FT02 (In Black With Window)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Dell U2711
      • Internet:
      • Very Quick :D

Re: Razer Mamba or Logitech G700...

I have a mamba, and yeah have to charge the battery every night, which really I don't see as an issue since it looks so nice up on its little stand
    I must say the g700 was tempting but not enough for me to wanna change, was really only the HUGE amount of buttons and the chunky design (I have big hands ) that was drawing me to it.
    Mamba feels nice in hand and is easy to change over to wired mode if your battery does die.

Thanks
    • rufeo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, 3 x Samsung F1 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 850W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Cosmos 2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hyundai W240 PVA

Re: Razer Mamba or Logitech G700...

I've been reading alot in the mamba and came across a few issues, I was wondering if you had any of them.... alot of ppl have reported z-axis tracking problems, i.e. cursor moves alot when u pick and then put down the mouse, in the mamba's case it goes downwards and towards the right. I play with low sensitivity so i'll be picking up the mouse and repositioning it a lot. the other one main issue is with 'click jittering', when the cursor moves around when you click a button on the mouse. apparently its more noticeable on cloth mousepads, which is what i use.

how long have you had the mamba for? read the build quality isnt too great, reports of the soft textured sides coming off and squeaky scroll wheels...

Last question, can the mouse be used in a 'palm' grip? i normally like have my whole hand resting on the mouse. I really do like the whole look of the mamba but i dont want to pay close to a 100 quid for it and then not meet my expectations.

Thread Information