Ok, so having finally got my new CPU working, I stress tested it at stock for about an hour to make sure the temps were ok, and then decided to start on the business of overclocking.

Knowing that motherboard had been running happily at 400 FSB for over a year, I went ahead and dialled that in, perhaps a little recklessly, and set the voltage to what it had been running at on Auto. I set the memory voltage to what it had been running on (1.8V), set the ratio to 1:1 to give me the same 800Mhz I'd had before the overclock, set PCI-E to 100Mhz (which I understand is stock speed for PCI-E) and rebooted.

It posted, started to boot into windows, and then crashed after the welcome screen with a 'Memory Management' BSOD.

Now, this memory has been running at these speeds for over a year, the change has been the CPU, but Googling only seems to indicate that this BSOD is usually caused by the memory.

I dialled the FSB back to 350, and it's booted fine, and has been running prime95 for half an hour so far with no issue. However the memory is running at 700MHz rather than 800.

If it hadn't been for that BSOD I'd have tried giving the CPU voltage a boost, but the 'Memory Management' label has confused me.

Can an unstable CPU OC cause a Memory Management BSOD? Or is there something I'm missing here?