• Bitfenix Phenom İTX
      • Operating System:
      • windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • samsung p2250
      • Internet:
      • Talk talk 38mbit fibre

help me

Got my ocz dd3 1600mhz low voltage 1.65v ram back from RMA got a new set that is recommended by Asus in the motherboard manual and still my RAM is not working this is my third pair and I am beginning to wonder if it is my motherboard, because its my third pair, however ONE module from the first pair worked although at 1066mhz not the 1600 it worked, sent the pair back because they said they can send me matched RAM, received faulty kit (as they said matching pair ) sent that back and they sent me this new set which is recommended in the asus book which is still not working, im thinking its the motherboard because come on is OCZ ram really that bad third pair? However it might not be the motherboard because 1 pair was working before and also apparently OCZ checks if the RAM you sent is faulty if it is not then they send it back which they didnt do they sent new pairs from taiwan.

I have tried every slot and pressed the memok button, still dont work I have reset the CMOS still nothing, my screen does not turn on so i cant do anything in the bios when I checked the DVI cable I got a no signal message on the screen so maybe there is a signal ,and I do have post beeps which is one long one and two short beeps, referred to the manual and it the beeps mean that no memory is detected (maybe thats why screen is blank)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him dominate the world

Thanks

Re: help me

Quote Originally Posted by shakerist View Post
    Got my ocz dd3 1600mhz low voltage 1.65v ram back from RMA got a new set that is recommended by Asus in the motherboard manual and still my RAM is not working this is my third pair and I am beginning to wonder if it is my motherboard, because its my third pair, however ONE module from the first pair worked although at 1066mhz not the 1600 it worked.....

Right first of all what type of RAM does your motherboard support and what is the max frequency without the need to overclock? I have actually had bad experience with OCZ modules before switching to Corsair (thank goodness). Basically 1 module on its own would work fine but as soon as I plugged in both (and no matter what slot) immediate BSODs as soon as Windows loaded. This was on an Intel platform... however the modules miraculously worked on an AMD motherboard.

Anyway you may experience problems because the RAM is running at a higher frequency than what your motherboard supports. If the default values are 1066MHz for example and your motherboard supports 1066MHz and you still get the problem, go into bios and change the frequency the modules are running at.

Young Member
    Thanks
    • shakerist's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Maximus Vİ İMPACT İTX
      • CPU:
      • İ7 4770
      • Memory:
      • 16gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1Tb wd blue, SanDisk 128gb ssd
      • Graphics card(s):
      • r9 270
      • PSU:
      • seasonic 620w
      • Case:
      • Bitfenix Phenom İTX
      • Operating System:
      • windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • samsung p2250
      • Internet:
      • Talk talk 38mbit fibre

Quote Originally Posted by TheWizard View Post
    Right first of all what type of RAM does your motherboard support and what is the max frequency without the need to overclock? I have actually had bad experience with OCZ modules before switching to Corsair (thank goodness). Basically 1 module on its own would work fine but as soon as I plugged in both (and no matter what slot) immediate BSODs as soon as Windows loaded. This was on an Intel platform... however the modules miraculously worked on an AMD motherboard.

Anyway you may experience problems because the RAM is running at a higher frequency than what your motherboard supports. If the default values are 1066MHz for example and your motherboard supports 1066MHz and you still get the problem, go into bios and change the frequency the modules are running at.
    Thanks for your reply, but isnt that what the memok feature is for on my motherboard to find the optimal settings to get it to boot, and also my screen is blank I cant see anything

oh max amd cpu supports is 1333mhz but apparently my motherboard can overclock to 2000mhz, when my first pair was working I used memok for the best settings and it gave me 1066mhz anything higher i get bsod because im guessing of crappy ram, I dont even know anyone who has got ddr3 motherboard so I cant go and test on theirs
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him dominate the world

Young Member
    Thanks
    • shakerist's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • İ7 4770
      • Memory:
      • 16gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • r9 270
      • PSU:
      • seasonic 620w
      • Case:
      • Bitfenix Phenom İTX
      • Operating System:
      • windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • samsung p2250
      • Internet:
      • Talk talk 38mbit fibre

dont forget me please
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)

Young Member
    Thanks
    • shakerist's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • İ7 4770
      • Memory:
      • 16gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • r9 270
      • PSU:
      • seasonic 620w
      • Case:
      • Bitfenix Phenom İTX
      • Operating System:
      • windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • samsung p2250
      • Internet:
      • Talk talk 38mbit fibre

Please dont forget me if is the ram not the motherboard tll me so can go buy a pair of corsair if scan does refunds i can try out some corsair ones and return them
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)

Thread Information