Thread: Why Crumpler Laptop bags?

Homestarr Mod
    Thanks

Why Crumpler Laptop bags?

I really need a new laptop bag for my widescreen laptop.

I am looking at Crumplers and wondering why they are so rated/popular ?

does anyone have one to comment

thanks

Tech Geek.
    Thanks

Re: Why Crumpler Laptop bags?

From what i have heard it is exactly like their camera bags, great build quality and good protection.

HOnestly if it is something to carry it in, just get a bag by Tagan or the Swiss army knife people, and get a basic sleeve to stop scratches. the tagan or swiss bags both offer the best protection from my experience, samsonite also quite good but they make bags that fit certain looks i.e. buisness look.

Thanks

I have a 15'' laptop bag a "Silver Dig-l " whatever that means. Its made of good quality material, well put together and has padding in the important places in the laptop section.

I would buy it again. I got mine for a good price at the time so was not over expensive as well.

A genuine good product.

Thanks
    • AGTDenton's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
      • CPU:
      • AMD 5950x
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair something or the other
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB nvme, 1x 2TB nvme, 2x 8TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS 3080 Ti TuF
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM850x
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Torrent White
      • Operating System:
      • 11 Pro x64
      • Internet:
      • Fibre

Wow at those Crumpler prices!
    I thought £60 was expensive when I bought an overnight flight bag with laptop compartment.

What are you looking for, rucksack, messenger bag...?

Im coming in from the other end of the scale, I paid something like £12 for a Tagan rucksack from Tesco which has enough padding & compartments that I never fill. + it came with a free mouse with retractable cable which was cool.

I got a rucksack for 2 main reasons, it distributes the weight evenly so one shoulder doesnt get sore if wearing for long periods and secondly when I go into London on public transport, whilst rushing around I find it doesnt get in the way and you're not constantly having to re-adjust its position, its easy enough to take off and put on just as quickly as a messenger bag.

As im not a trendy person I couldnt care less what it looks like, as long as its up to the job.
    You can always add more padding if the bag doesnt feel up to it initially.
    Also if it gets damaged or stolen im not going to mind so much if I have to replace it. I can manage with a few less mcdonalds.

Homestarr Mod
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by switchmode View Post
    I have a 15'' laptop bag a "Silver Dig-l " whatever that means. Its made of good quality material, well put together and has padding in the important places in the laptop section.

I would buy it again. I got mine for a good price at the time so was not over expensive as well.

A genuine good product.
    with that silver Dig does the laptop actually get strapped in or does it just sit ?, as I am worried about the laptop just slipping out or moving too much.

thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5cupa View Post
    with that silver Dig does the laptop actually get strapped in or does it just sit ?, as I am worried about the laptop just slipping out or moving too much.

thanks
    It just sits in the bag, My Dell 6400 is a snug fit and is secure. I would not use it for a smaller laptop or netbook without using an extra sleeve.

It has a compartment / space the same size you can put other stuff but its not padded but is useful for a cat5 cable mouse PSU etc and I have had a bottle of whisky and my shaving bag when on a weekend away and I just managed to get it shut. This put presure on the laptop but I was careful not to bash it about.

I paid about £28 for it and the quality of the finish is well worth it IMHO compared to cheaper ones I have seen even though they get the job done. As for trendy well I've no idea about that, It's better and lighter than the monster leather one I had before.
    Last edited by switchmode; 22-11-2010 at 09:51 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

For what it is worth, I have a Wenger (Swiss Army thing) rucksack that has been great for last 4 years or so. It has a separate compartment for the laptop and another couple of compartments for accessories. There is also a large compartment enough for clothes for a weekend away. And a couple of mesh-pockets on sides for a water bottle / coffee thermos.

Oh, and of course, the obligatory MP3 pocket with a hole for headphones.

It was only about 30 quid from Costcos. And I am considering getting another one to treat myself as this one is getting a bit dirty after 4 years of lugging about daily. It is well padded and coped admirably with a few generations of [ever shrinking] laptops (Samsung x05, toshiba Tecra M4 and a Dell XPS 1330) All seemed comfy and well protected in there. I didn't take it out jogging, mind, just daily stuff and some travelling.

Not much about Crumpler, speciffically. But I hope that helps...

Thanks

Tech Air also does goood bags
    Deo Adjuvante non Timendum

Thread Information