Thread: Help Please

blueball

Help Please

I have an Asus eee PC 1000H netbook. It had XP installed and I decided to bring it up to date with Windows 7 (which it supports) so I downloaded all the Win7 support files from Asus and got the latest win7 compatible BIOS.

I flashed the BIOS and installed win7 then all the drivers in the order that Asus state they should be installed.

My issue is that the netbook will not boot when you turn it on, you get the 4 lights coming on but it stays at a black screen. If I take a paperclip and press the reset button under the netbook then it will boot up properly and work perfectly well. It will even do restarts properly. However, if I shut it down or let it hibernate it will not boot until I press the reset again.

I have cleared the CMOS, I have reflashed the BIOS, I have checked that it is the correct BIOS, I have left the battery out and pressed the power button for 45 secs (as suggested on another forum) and I have checked that the memory is correctly seated but no matter what I do the only way to get it to boot is to press the reset.

This is really annoying, I'm not normally beaten by techy probs but I'm close to admitting defeat on this one.

Any ideas peeps?

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Help Please

weird,
    I have recently built a PC based on an ASUS motherboard and I get this problem also on a windows 7 64 bit version.
    I ussually only go to sleep and rarely fully switch off so it is not a major pain for me.

In my setup, If I press reset after lights on but no video output, I get the default asus message "overclock failed".

blueball

Re: Help Please

Cheers for response. I'm using Win 7 32 bit (should have said I guess) and no overclocks

Thread Information