Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm... so... tempted to buy! [Watercooling]

Thanks
    Id prefer to do both. Get full watercooling, as normal, then useing a cheap freezer, chill the water, effectivly cooling gpu, nb and cpu. the watertemp can much easyer be controled to prevent the need for condensation proofing, but if not, you could probably manage close to or below sub zero temps with it.

kez - price is the reson Im diy'ing my blocks. pic of my northbridge #rotor style block made with nothing more than a hand drill and a dremmel. Only problem with diy'ing is the barbs - most people do not have a drill capable of holes big enough for the barbs unless they used 10mm OD ones, though some might do 13mm. Ive had to get my dad to drill the 12.7mm holes in the lid as i dislike barbs, and would prefer soldered copper piping, as its more reliable. My gpu block is whitewater style one, and is also just waiting for the top to be drilled. My cpu one may become a cascade style one, but they are hard to design, I will have to think about it some more (meaning i cant w/c my cpu for a while, and have to keep using the slk800..)

Also read this about the rbx/tdx - http://www.procooling.com/reviews/ht...block_revi.php
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 19-05-2004 at 01:56 PM.

Crazy foreigner
    Thanks
    turkster - My system went in and out like once a month, so I wasn't really suprised...

And for the water on components, I had a pool on my GFX for 5 days without noticing, the mashine was unstable and when I finally checked inside the comp the tank was half full and my card was bading Just dried it off, fixed the leak and all was good. My second leak was when I had the system up on my desk w/o chassi. And my NB block (cheap thing) broke and started leaking. Had a pool for a couple of hours there, no problems at all.

So I'm not really scared of a leak, though I am sure that it could end up much worse.

And about condensation issues, I have no problem even though running my system 24/7. Not even if I let it idle (evap at -30C). And it just has a small heater around the CPU core, nothing to protect the backside of the mobo. All prebuilt systems are made to avoid condensation, so that will never be a problem.
    Light travels faster than sound. Is this why some people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Thanks
    well if i had a vapo xe, in this weather, it would be half out the window, cooling down my room

Crazy foreigner
    Thanks
    I live in Sweden so no need to cool things down for me... exept my computer

A friend of mine has a spare Vapo SE... he's using it for cooling soft drinks
    Light travels faster than sound. Is this why some people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Thanks
    Oi! Back on topic...

lol.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thanks
    Right yes it may be alot for WC but you pay for quality and service with Over-Clock and thats what they give you ooodddllless of both via email and their support forums.

I think you have made an excellent choice but might still consider swapping to a LRWW (I know their out of the AMD block BUT the Intel block is the same as the AMD one but with an adapter to mount to intel boards ) the LRWW would be more stable on the CPU than the RBX.

As for leaks none here 5mths strong not one leak (*touches wood*) and I transport my rig up and down from uni filled

As long as you make sure your barbs are tight and have PFTE tape on them and the hose clips are on tight then you have nothing to worry about.
    .: Predator :.

- Shuttle SN25P - A64 3700+ San Diego @ 2.7GHz - 1GB PQI Ultra DDR - X850XT - Asus DVD-ROM - 200GB Maxtor + 2*80GB SATAII -

Thanks
    Thanks for all the help guys.

Like I said - I'm not getting the kit yet, I'm planning, which is probably the most important part, especially when dealing with something like watercooling, that when rushed, could go horribly wrong.

Cheers,
    Kez.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information