Thread: SATA HDD not being detected.

Thanks

SATA HDD not being detected.

Hey everyone !
    Got my components from scan yesterday and finally built my bad boy (didn't realise how much fun the first build will be!).
    I'll post a couple of pics, final spec and most importantly extended list of thank you's when it's actually all up and running - couldn't have gotten this far without you chaps so cheers !

However having a small issue. (OS isnt installed yet btw)

If I boot I get :
    ""Reboot & select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device & press any key to continue"

So I went into BIOS :
    1) In boot sequence my dvd drive is set as 1st boot device and boot from other devices is set to yes (should it be?) so that appears ok (SATA connected to SATA-1 port)

2) the HDD however is being an issue (SATA connected to SATA-2 port) - if I am to go in Standard cmos features sata2 is stated as not detected. All the settings for SATA-2 port are on auto. If I go to On-Chip ATA devices my raid mode is set to IDE (should that be changed considering it's a sata hdd?)

Any suggestions ? I can only assume that the whole issue is based around the HDD but don't quite know how to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. as extra bit of info - HDD - Samsung F3; MoBo - MSI 870-C45
    Last edited by Molotov; 29-01-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks

Re: SATA HDD not being detected.

Just managed to make it work by messing with some power cables
    I originaly plugged in an extra cable into the cpu which appears to not have worked - rearranged things a bit and all good now.
    would be nice if some1 deleted this since I doubt it would be of any value to anyone else.

Thread Information