Thread: Are these temperatures normal?

Thanks

Are these temperatures normal?

I'm living in Malta but we have air con on next to my PC at 19'c.

I can't seem to detect my mobo on speedfan, so I only know that the Core is my CPU.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

One other thing. I have my cpu fan on 70% because its unbeleivably loud unless I do this, even 70% is ridiculously loud. It doesnt look like my mobo can regulate the fan speed? Also, can you recommend an aftermarket cpu cooler thats quiet efficient and easy to fit?

Thanks all
    Last edited by Merlin4458; 13-07-2011 at 12:30 PM.
    Rig: Amd 64 3700+ San Diego | Abit AT8 | 4x512 Corsair XMS3200C2PRO | PowerColour X850XTPE / Arctic Cooled | Samsung Spinpoint 250Gig | Enermax NoiseTake 485w | Arctic Freezer 64 Pro | Coolermaster Wavemaster Silver | Dell 2405FPW | Logitech G5 / Everglide Destrukt Monstermat |

Thanks
    • jackvdbuk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • AbiT IP35-PRO
      • CPU:
      • Intel C2Q Q9550
      • Memory:
      • OCZ Nvidia SLi Edition 4GB (2x2gb) pc2-6400 DDR2
      • Storage:
      • lots of TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG 8800GTS 512MB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 800D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Premium x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP
      • Internet:
      • Orange (about 6Mb)

Re: Are these temperatures normal?

id say slightly hotter than it should be, up the fans if you have one, been told ATi run quite hot regardless however

idle temps?

http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/27547164

Thanks
    • scaryjim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Dell Inspiron
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 8250U
      • Memory:
      • 2x 4GB DDR4 2666
      • Storage:
      • 128GB M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon R5 230
      • PSU:
      • Battery/Dell brick
      • Case:
      • Dell Inspiron 5570
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15" 1080p laptop panel

GPU temps look fine to me. If that's an idle CPU temp, however, I'd be a little worried: high 40's / low 50's at idle isn't a good sign. I've also heard rumours of Phenom IIs under-reporting their temps: if that's true then you could have even bigger issues!

How old is the PC, and how long since you made any changes to it? If it's got a down-blowing CPU cooler and it's gathering dust that can make a surprising difference to the temperatures. Alternatively, the CPU cooler might not be properly seated, or there might be a problem with the thermal paste. Give it some load (something like a wprime 1024M or the folding@home gromacs CPU stresser) and keep an eye on the temperatures, then report back

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scaryjim View Post
    GPU temps look fine to me. If that's an idle CPU temp, however, I'd be a little worried: high 40's / low 50's at idle isn't a good sign. I've also heard rumours of Phenom IIs under-reporting their temps: if that's true then you could have even bigger issues!

How old is the PC, and how long since you made any changes to it? If it's got a down-blowing CPU cooler and it's gathering dust that can make a surprising difference to the temperatures. Alternatively, the CPU cooler might not be properly seated, or there might be a problem with the thermal paste. Give it some load (something like a wprime 1024M or the folding@home gromacs CPU stresser) and keep an eye on the temperatures, then report back
    When you say text it on load, does the cpu fan speed have to be 100%? Because we have a 3 PC setup in the room and they cant hear the TV if I put it anywhere above 70%
    Rig: Amd 64 3700+ San Diego | Abit AT8 | 4x512 Corsair XMS3200C2PRO | PowerColour X850XTPE / Arctic Cooled | Samsung Spinpoint 250Gig | Enermax NoiseTake 485w | Arctic Freezer 64 Pro | Coolermaster Wavemaster Silver | Dell 2405FPW | Logitech G5 / Everglide Destrukt Monstermat |

Thanks

You can see how far through it is, but seems to max out at 68'c @ 75% fan speed/stock cooler.

The other temps with flames next to the numbers worry me a bit. Are they made up or could they be monitoring something?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks
    • Sputnik's system
      • Motherboard:
      • J&W 790GX Extreme
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II 720be
      • Memory:
      • OCZ DDR2-6400
      • PSU:
      • Enermax

Why don't you use AMD OverDrive or have a look in the BIOS, That will show the correct temp readings.

My Phenom2 3core idles around 30 with an ambient of 24.

Edit: GPU temps look normal to me. Mine is about 60 idle.

Thanks

The PC is 6 months old and built by myself, no changes other than another 4gig ram

Thanks
    • scaryjim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Dell Inspiron
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 8250U
      • Memory:
      • 2x 4GB DDR4 2666
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon R5 230
      • PSU:
      • Battery/Dell brick
      • Case:
      • Dell Inspiron 5570
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15" 1080p laptop panel

OK, 68c under load isn't too bad with a stock cooler, it's about what my Q6600 hits as well. It looks like the cooler is a typical stock one: *just* up to the job of keeping it "safe". Pretty much any after-market cooler will do a better job and be quieter. The main considerations are what case you have and what your budget is. All AM2 / AM3 coolers should be easy to fit because they just clip onto the retaining bracket on the motherboard.

Also, what motherboard do you have? Most have a 4-pin PWM fan header for the CPU fan that will automatically control the fan speed dependant on temperature: I'd be amazed if yours didn't (and if the stock fan wasn't PWM controlled)...

Oh, and don't worry about the little flames in speedfan - itjust uses a basic settings file to change the icon depending on the temp. Very few computer components will be bothered by temps below 70c, which is what you're looking at there. It looks to me like Temp1 is the motherboard chipset temperature, Temp2 is the motherboard CPU sensor. Not sure about Temp3! Core is obviously your CPU temp, and ties in closely to Temp2.

Thanks

OK, 68c under load isn't too bad with a stock cooler, it's about what my Q6600 hits as well. It looks like the cooler is a typical stock one: *just* up to the job of keeping it "safe". Pretty much any after-market cooler will do a better job and be quieter. The main considerations are what case you have and what your budget is. All AM2 / AM3 coolers should be easy to fit because they just clip onto the retaining bracket on the motherboard.

Also, what motherboard do you have? Most have a 4-pin PWM fan header for the CPU fan that will automatically control the fan speed dependant on temperature: I'd be amazed if yours didn't (and if the stock fan wasn't PWM controlled)...

Oh, and don't worry about the little flames in speedfan - itjust uses a basic settings file to change the icon depending on the temp. Very few computer components will be bothered by temps below 70c, which is what you're looking at there. It looks to me like Temp1 is the motherboard chipset temperature, Temp2 is the motherboard CPU sensor. Not sure about Temp3! Core is obviously your CPU temp, and ties in closely to Temp2.

Case is : Antec Mini P180 Black MATX Case
    Mobo is: Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H 880G Socket AM3 8 Channel Audio MATX Motherboard

Can you point out an aftermarket cooler pls. £30 max would be perfect really. I just hate fitting coolers cause I always feel i'm gonna snap the motherboard

A thread I posted a while ago suggested this board has problems monitoring and had to get a molex adapter or something?

Thanks
    • scaryjim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Dell Inspiron
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 8250U
      • Memory:
      • 2x 4GB DDR4 2666
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon R5 230
      • PSU:
      • Battery/Dell brick
      • Case:
      • Dell Inspiron 5570
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15" 1080p laptop panel

A quick google suggests that a Mini P180 will take a Coolermaster Hyper 212 - perhaps someone else could confirm that I'm not going mad before you buy one though? It's a 120mm tower cooler and looks to be a bit of a bargain at Scan's current clearance price of £15.56...

Thread Information