Thread: Please help!

ppz
    Thanks

Unhappy Please help!

Good day to all,

Problem that is driving me mad - all suggestions will be much appreciated. Several months ago I got together my new PC and it's been working lovely since February until yesterday. The specs:

- Asus P4P800 Delux MB
    - Intel P4 2.6
    - Crucial 512 Mb RAM
    - WD SATA drive
    - Coolermaster Wavemaster case
    - CWT 450W CPU

Last night I was doing something, powered it off and it doesn't turn on anymore at all! The green LED on the mobo is on, but nothing happens when I press the power on button (no lights, no fans moving, nothing).

The PC was not kicked, abused in any way or even moved even an inch, no new parts were added, no parts were removed - no changes at all. I've verified all connectors, they're fine. I've disconnected and removed everything, plugged in the MB power connector and power switch connector - nothing. Added P4 4-pin connector - nothing.... Unfortunately I've got no other PCs that I could swap parts from.

What could it be, you think - the mobo, power switch or the PSU? I reckon the PSU is unlikely, because the mobo has power (green LED is on). I have opened up the front panel and the power switch seems to be absolutely fine - after all, what could happen to it in absolutely stationary box? Could it be the MB, you think?

TIA for all and any ideas!

ppz

Thanks
    did u overclock at all? i still suspect it's the PSU. recently my TruePower died on me. the mobo LED was on but it'll shut down 1 second after i push the start button. mebbe u could verify the PSU first. test it with ur friends' pc perhaps? it's the simplest one i guess..keep us updated

ppz
    Thanks

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by SMPer
    did u overclock at all? i still suspect it's the PSU. recently my TruePower died on me. the mobo LED was on but it'll shut down 1 second after i push the start button. mebbe u could verify the PSU first. test it with ur friends' pc perhaps? it's the simplest one i guess..keep us updated
    I didn't overclock at all... I guess I will have to try this CPU elsewhere. Thanks!

ppz
    Thanks
    SMPer: seems like you're right - your reply prompted me to look harder for a PC that I can try this PSU with and after I've found it and connected my PSU to it, I can replicate the issue - the mobo LED is on, but nothing happens when I press the power on button. Thanks mate, that will be an RMA then :-)

Thanks
    glad i could help

Thread Information