Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts about Vapochill systems

Thanks

Thoughts about Vapochill systems

Before I even think about THINKING about vapochill systems (cus they are bloody expensive), does anyone have any opinions on them?
    Are they the dogs bollocks of o/c system setups?
    Would one ever have to worry about cooling again?
    Is it worth puching that extra +400-600mhz out of a processor?
    DOes the vapochill systyem hook up to ur gpu and keep that cool aswell?

Not too familiar with them and were just thinking about it...

pros cons please
    Signatures are stupid

Thanks
    • neonplanet40's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
      • Memory:
      • Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Supernova G6 850W
      • Case:
      • Lian LI Lancool 3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 27" U2715H & Gigabyte M27Q
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbe
    The Mach 2 GT is the best one available but expensive none the less. and also the lightspeed seems to be very gd as well and rather cheaper as well as it comes with the lian li kit etc as standard.

pro's

Very gd overclocking
    Nice and cold
    gd bragging rights
    Can be the start of a quiet system

Cons
    if u dont intend to overclock theres no point
    If u dont knwo what ur doing u have the chance of destroying ur entire system.
    Vapochill isnt the best as i have said. u should really be looking into a nventive mach 2
    U can hook it up to a gpu yes ive seen it on websites such as www.xtremesystems.org which i reccomend u pay a visit to as it is the site to be for phase cooling and they will be better at answering ur questions than i ever could.

But all in all remember phase cooling is dangerous and u should put alot of of consideration and effort into the planning of it down to a T.

PyRo

Thanks
    DO u think it would be better getting the stand alone kit? But I read its much more convinient to jus spend that extra money on the full thing cus of compatabilty n easy to use issues...

I do intend to overclock, but read about water cooling - not much diffence between fan assisted and water is their besides noise. And I dont mind a bit of noise, Im used to it, I live on a main road lol!

The most I ever got from my northwood 2.8 was 3.1 just fan assisted but quickly brought it back down again lol. Plus I know its normal, but I really dont like my gpu running so damn hot. Actually, my pc restarted after it got to hot inside the case, that was with the case fan on blowing in cool air from outside.

The temp got to 79c. Meh and I wasnt even oc. Damn Far Cry.

But I should mention, Iam planning on upgrading to x800/xt in the fall of this year, plus cpu and ram. So are these upgrades gonna be an issue? or is it worth just keeping everthing stock? I am gonna wait till prices drop. Im not that stupid
    Signatures are stupid

Thanks
    • neonplanet40's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
      • Memory:
      • Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Supernova G6 850W
      • Case:
      • Lian LI Lancool 3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 27" U2715H & Gigabyte M27Q
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbe
    If u feel u would prefer to get the full kit to make it easier on yourself then sure go for it. You will be able to overclock that 2.8 quite high i would think. maybe 3.5 - 3.6 possibly even more. depending on a lot fo things really. u should look in the artic cooler for ur vga card or somthin similar as thats well hot!! lol i have my 9800XT at 38 degrees on load but thats watercooled. The upgrades arent an issue but obviously u will have to dissasemble the kit to get the new cpu in etc and u will need to repeat it all again. but it wont affect the vapochill in any other way apart from having to take it out and put it in again.

Like i asid check out www.xtremesystems.org.

you will get threads all about this stuff and they are alot better with this than i.
    Gd luck

PyRo

Thanks
    cheers!
    Signatures are stupid

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paradidle
    I do intend to overclock, but read about water cooling - not much diffence between fan assisted and water is their besides noise. And I dont mind a bit of noise, Im used to it, I live on a main road lol!
    I wouldnt say that at all. I find water cooling pretty amazing. I have a DIY water cooling system on my CPU with a passive rad (no fans) and currently my CPU is 27 Deg Celsius (MBM) and 23 on the block, while my VGA (idle) is 36, Northbridge 45 (passive heatsink) and HDDs 38. Bearing in mind that I have never seen the CPU go above 32 deg under any kind of load, it is clear that water cooling has the advantage. A good decent sized radiator and a good pump and water block/blocks should significantly reduce your temps over air cooling.

AFAIK Vapochill or the Mach II dont include chipset or GPU coolers so you may end up having to do this with water cooling anyway.

Crazy foreigner
    Thanks
    I use a Vapo SE with R404a (a Vapo XE really) and must say it's one of the best things I've ever bought for a computer. There are clearly more pros than cons with phase-change if you can afford it.

I'd suggest a Vapo LS if you can afford it, a really great phase-change system. And check the second hand market, a compressor hold quite some time anyways so no real reason not buying it second hand.

I used a big watercooling set before, and the performance difference is big. even though I payed almost as much for the water, even if that was some time ago. If you get a vapochill with their new socket thingy for the evaporator, it will fit S478 (P4), S754 and S939/940 (AMD 64). The new fitting for the socket is really good actually, much easier to use and much better protection against condensation than the earlier revisions.

The general rule is that you use your Vapo on CPU only, it is possible theoretically to get one compressor with several evaporators, but just forget it

A phase-change system is a great investment, and it will keep your computer cold for many years ahead. My choise would be from Aseteks VapoChill range. Vapochill SE can with just changing the gas become a VapoChill XE, a VapoChill PE is harder to change gas in, but it is possible. Buying a XE is in some way a waste of money, since it really is the same hardware as the very much cheeper SE. VapoChill LS is in its own class really. I can add that SE/PE/XE uses the PSU to get their power, and they require a strong PSU for that. With the LS you are freed from that...

Checking xtremesystems ain't a bad idea, many people with great knowledge in the field there to awnser all your questions.
    Light travels faster than sound. Is this why some people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Thanks
    OK so, hmmm spending 350-400 just cool a cpu now doesnt sound that appealing heh, I wouldnt mind a set up that cools everything significantly. but not supercool lol. how about the waterchill setup?

If I bought the vapochill my cooling probs are over, but i;d have to invest in a gpu cooler aswell. meh. whereas the water chill would kinda do everything but not as cool...

what u think?
    Signatures are stupid

Crazy foreigner
    Thanks
    Check Rys's review on the waterchill here on hexus.net... If I rememeber correctly it was quite a few things he did not like about it. I'd say a VapoChill is to perfer... then again if you can accept spending the money on it. It gives a great stable and well performing cooling solution for your CPU. Northbridge on a P4 system doesn't need any more cooling than stock or a small fan extra, and for GFX... well, you'll have to figure out yourself what you want to cool your GPU with. You could just change the stock cooling for a better heatsink and fan. A watercooling on CPU/GPU would give you a little bit faster GPU Core speed, but also a quite much slower CPU. And from my experience, watercooling takes much more time setting up and getting to run as you desire. Just more work for less performance than a phase-change system really...
    Light travels faster than sound. Is this why some people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Thanks
    I have :

2.8 northwood
    9800 pro
    msi-neo 2 mobo
    2x512 2700

If im gonna get any cooling setup, im 1st gonna upgrade the cpu, gpu and ram. then worry about cooling. I may go for a vapochill and stick some sort of cooler on the gpu if needs be. (if any) were talking x800 here!

Lol I can feel the hea coming from my comp and this is just idle. me not like!!!
    Signatures are stupid

Crazy foreigner
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paradidle
    Lol I can feel the hea coming from my comp and this is just idle. me not like!!!
    Sounds like you want a VapoChill

Go for the upgrading, first class hardware is always a requirement for first class performance, even if you have a Vapo to cool it

I'm going to bed now, I'll check in here tomorrow if you have more questions. Good luck m8

Thanks
    I have one 4 ya! Do u think the Arctic cooler for the ati cards will fit the new x800's?
    Signatures are stupid

Thanks
    • Apex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z87M-PLUS
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5-4670K
      • Memory:
      • 32 GiB
      • Storage:
      • 20 TiB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PowerColor Radeon RX 6700 Fighter 10GB OC
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Core View 21
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGFA
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb nTL Cable
    Go Water Cooling, much safer

Thanks
    Sorry to go off topic but whats with the Chav's in your sig paradidle ?
    Last edited by Noxis; 25-05-2004 at 01:00 PM.

Thanks
    How "quite" are the Vapo's?

Thanks
    • da_ging's system
      • CPU:
      • E5200 @ 3.75Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB kingston HyperX 8500
      • Storage:
      • 2*WD640gb in Raid 0 +500gb 32mb seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG GTX 260 Maxcore OC2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650w TX
      • Case:
      • Stacker 831 black
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" fujitsu 3230t LCD 1920*1080
      • Internet:
      • 8mb
    Quote Originally Posted by @if ®afiq
    How "quite" are the Vapo's?
    depends what speed you set to condenser fan at ,can be quite quiet tho

id say get a vapo LS if u can afford if not then get a standalone and stick it in a nice large lian-li case

oh and paradidle please do something about your sig everytime i see it i can hear it shouting "wha u f******* lookin at ,du u wana samack ,its also tooo big stinks of booze and sets humanity back a 1000 years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information