Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple experimenting with the A5 in the MacBook Air??

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

Re: Apple experimenting with the A5 in the MacBook Air??

maybe im misreading your post then, new and unique doesnt seems to go when its using similar hardware which isnt new and does the same as the competition, hence its the same thing.. You must see where im coming from with that though :L.

Commercial success it is, just it isnt the best or unique.

Also, if there is a factor im missing im certainly willing to be informed since for me i cant find many pro points for going Apple yet my friends have(funny how its not pros for me), would be nice to have pro comments from someone who isnt a complete utter fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks12 View Post
    Wait, something new? Could you give a more indepth response to that cause im curious .
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks12 View Post
    Apples marketing is ridiculously effective and thats where the praise and annoyance (for me) comes from, i personally cant stand the factually incorrect adverts and the fact it tries to demean the competitors and make you feel inferior as you dont have an Apple product(fails for me as i cant afford apple tax rofl). Without their marketing i dont think they would sell much at all, it would be sales to everyone else
    This really. And without their marketing and elitist reputation I really can't see how they'd sell even a tiny percentage of what they sell now.

Quote Originally Posted by [AW] Whale View Post
    New and unique doesn't always mean first.

To be honest, you seem to have a big problem with Apple and me spending time disproving your points is a waste of time as its going to fall on deaf ears anyway.

Sorry
    So it's OK for anyone with a bad word against Apple to be called for everything but anyone defending them can just sit in ignorance if they don't like what they hear? Fair enough. I'm quite happy to listen to what people have to say about Apple, whichever side of the fence it's from. But I'm still waiting for someone to say anything remotely convincing from the Apple side. Ah well, it's your money I suppose...

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

New and unique doesn't always mean first.

To be honest, you seem to have a big problem with Apple and me spending time disproving your points is a waste of time as its going to fall on deaf ears anyway.

Sorry
    No, I think he has a problem with the fact that you haven't said anything to back up your claims.

Apple have been innovative. The Windows, ICON, Mouse paradigm was ground breaking stuff in the 1980's when they introduced the original Macintosh, (although the idea was developed from work done by Xerox), and for many years they held the lead. The use of SCSI and firewire was also ground-breaking, although never widely adopted and largely superseded by USB (again eagerly adopted by Apple and other mfrs.

Some regarded the Imac as ground-breaking in form (which to some extent it was, with an integrated unit) and while some though the plastic case was the epitomy of style, I personally thought it was uggggggly! But it did lead other mfrs to look again at styling.

Apple are good at marketing, and they do provide products that generally just work with simple interfaces. One of their successes is that their interfaces across devices are similar. Buy an iphone and the interface to the ipod or ipad is the same, and the user knows pretty much what he will get.

By a Samsung phone and the android implementation will be slightly different from an HTC or other mfr. That doesn't mean it is worse, and consumers have a choice. Apple has capitalised that many consumers don't want to be bothered by choice, they just want something that works. Clever marketing.

Howwever, Apple products carry a price premium which isn't always justified (IMHO) by the performance, and therefore often (not always) fail on the important value for money test.

I'm not defending or attacking Apple, I have an open mind, but your assertions will carry more weight if you back them up.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Banned
    Thanks

Some of main pro points for the 'Apple ecosystem' -

Unrivalled app store with high quality apps. Android apps, while getting better are nowhere near as good generally. Especially when it comes to games.

iTunes integration, while not everyone finds this useful, Android has nothing like it.

Unbeatable customer service. You probably know about this.

Ease of use and OS stability, this goes a long way with the general public.

And I agree, a lot of the marketing stuff is horrible.

I suppose you can apply some of the above to Mac OS as well.

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

Some of main pro points for the 'Apple ecosystem' -

Unrivalled app store with high quality apps. Android apps, while getting better are nowhere near as good generally. Especially when it comes to games.

iTunes integration, while not everyone finds this useful, Android has nothing like it.

Unbeatable customer service. You probably know about this.

And I agree, a lot of the marketing stuff is horrible.

I suppose you can apply some of the above to Mac OS as well.

Unrivalled App store, indeed its unrivalled with the shear number of apps and android is quickly gaining, i can not comment on the quality of the apps though i think both ecosystems have alot of crap in them. I havent found an app i havent needed yet on android(after moving from WM6.5, which actually had everything thanks to XDA woo) so personally it doesnt offer anything above the competition, but yes others have a different opinion so it can be a pro.

Unbeatable customer service- No i cant agree with this, everything gets 12month warranty as standard, the products generally die within 24months... my mate has had 3 ipod classics in 1.5 years and 4 ipod shuffles :L, first one died out of warranty and wasnt replaced. Warranty is expensive and when compared to other companies its average, for instance my dell warranty is next day replacement... as soon as i hit them with an email its repaired/replaced if my laptop damages and my monitor is also the same, direct swap aswell. Then you have Microsoft/Logitech which are also solid.

When you have problems with hardware and the inability to remove batteries when they inevitably die then its a bit silly for customer service, its there to make sure you buy a new one when it doesnt last long.

Agreed with this mostly, however i havent had a single crash on android and ive had this phone for almost 2 weeks. My windows 7 had 2 crashes in half a year, this was a hardware fault my sound card blew up so its understandable. Ease of use, it certainly seems everyone gets on with the interface, me personally i love the HTC interface on WM as WM is excellent for usability, android is a turd when it comes to ease of use (albeit getting much better). The thing is every system is getting better and better so this lead wont last for long.

iTunes integration- Missed this out, i hate itunes ... i hate the fact it has to take up system resources and provide useless gadgets and what not, personally i use AIMP2 for my pc which provides a means to search/play/pause etc etc my music along with setting hotkeys/timers/ playlists on the fly, all while using like 5MB of ram, also lets me choose the output device independently so i can have it out of my av receiver or headset anytime.

Im not the average customer in regards to itunes, i want simple stuff for music and prefer to keep my phone/laptop/computer slightly separate, i have dropbox on all of them specifically for work and university stuff so i dont need any other integration.

The main thing is that its swings and roundabouts, if you have the money and can justify the price to yourself then its good. My mate has an imac (1.3k!) and loves it, can be snobby sometimes defending the price of it etc but overall its been good for him.

Personally im a cheap skate and if i can get product X to do what product Y does for less ill tend to get that, technology is a more important factor though as i prefer to have something that will last and be able to take advantage of future mods etc etc (XDA forums ftw ).

I appreciate the response as most people would have left it as it was! Sorry if my statements are incorrect somewhere, in a rush to get out but had to reply .
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information