Thread: Intel Fans! Help Me choose......

Thanks

Intel Fans! Help Me choose......

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...131-464&depa=1

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...128-185&depa=1

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...127-158&depa=1

The reason I need your help is because I favered the ABIT, but hated the look! And woried about that dam otes thingy in my way! and dissliked the Asus do to the Promise chip, And well I just had a Gigy! Also I know nothing about ABIT as a compony, are they solid? I have read all the reviews, and they all say the same thing, that all the boards are all great! So what do you "ALL" think!

I dont over clock! I'd love to but my luck I'd burn my house down, cus I never shut my PC down. Unless I need to restart

wibble
    Thanks
    Asus P4C800-E deluxe
    Abit IC7 - Max3
    GIGABYTE 8KNXP (REV 2.0)

I had a similar choice a while ago, and the reviews say they're all great boards, which doesn't help when deciding between them.
    Most people tend to favour the Asus as its capable of very high fsb, but you don't overclock, so thats irrelevant, but I've heard of all of those boards doing 280+ fsb anyway.

Abit make great boards, usually very solid.

Personally I got a DFi Lanparty pro875B because I couldn't decide between the abit/asus, and the Lanparty was actually cheaper ........ with lots of goodies, and cmos reload is a really nice touch.

Oh and my pro875B with an overclocked Prescott (2.8 @ 3.5Ghz 250fsb) hasn't been switched off since I installed my new hard drive about 2 weeks ago, house hasn't burned down yet

Sorry if that doesn't help much, but I think you should consider the DFi as well

Thanks
    For solid motherboards - nothing beats abit and asus. If you're not going to o/c I've been running the P4C800E at work 24/7 for a long, long time, without any crashes. If you want abit - but not OTES - why not get the IC7-G, a slightly cut down version - and the board I run happily at home.
    Now go away before I taunt you a second time.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skattrd
    Asus P4C800-E deluxe
    Abit IC7 - Max3
    GIGABYTE 8KNXP (REV 2.0)

I had a similar choice a while ago, and the reviews say they're all great boards, which doesn't help when deciding between them.
    Most people tend to favour the Asus as its capable of very high fsb, but you don't overclock, so thats irrelevant, but I've heard of all of those boards doing 280+ fsb anyway.

Abit make great boards, usually very solid.

Personally I got a DFi Lanparty pro875B because I couldn't decide between the abit/asus, and the Lanparty was actually cheaper ........ with lots of goodies, and cmos reload is a really nice touch.

Oh and my pro875B with an overclocked Prescott (2.8 @ 3.5Ghz 250fsb) hasn't been switched off since I installed my new hard drive about 2 weeks ago, house hasn't burned down yet

Sorry if that doesn't help much, but I think you should consider the DFi as well

I did about 20 mins ago.... But It lackes the SATA options I need at least 4! I saw a TYAN whatever that is! I guess I am realy just looking for storage speed! My raptors didn't like my Gigy! Too slow!

The abit just has me interested but I am some what distracted by my old beauty and the Asus! Well I'll give my self a day than ill just draw strawls
    Last edited by myth; 29-05-2004 at 09:21 PM.

Thanks
    • neonplanet40's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
      • Memory:
      • Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Supernova G6 850W
      • Case:
      • Lian LI Lancool 3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 27" U2715H & Gigabyte M27Q
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbe
    I have the abit ic7 max 3. i have watercooling installed and i can tell u the otes wont get in ur way. there are lights all over the board. green and red which both have a nice glow. so ic ant see how u dotn liek the look of the board. when uget it in ur commy ull knwo urself it look elite!!! and ppl will be envious lol. Get the abit. u will be far from dissapointed. get a nice bundle with it too

PyRo

Thanks
    I have noticed on thing diferent betwen the gigy boards and the rest! My 8knxp is covered in resisters! All I see is resistors I look at all the other ones and they have like none! Kinda makes you wounder

HE HE HE EDIT:
    (Not an Athlon fan)
    Quote from a review:

Let me make a small aside here…you may recall the old Matrox boards, the first to feature Environment Bumpmapping many years back. And of course there were a couple tech demos showing off just that. I for one wanted to purchase a Matrox card because I KNEW it could do it if it had to. However, several years later we are just now getting a taste of real bump mapping. And as you may have realized those matrox cards are somewhat obsolete, if not classy, now. So in that last word to Athlon…try making something that performs in the real world well! I will look at 64 bit processors when I get some 64bit programs that demand it. Until then I hope that the Athlon 64 goes the way of the Matrox cards, except less gracefully (no offense Matrox I LOVE you). Don't get me wrong, I love progress. But I think AMD is taking a step in the wrong direction for the time being. But people have to sell things I suppose. My point? There is much joy to be had in overclocking elite P4 hardware and Abit are the go to people.
    Last edited by myth; 29-05-2004 at 11:11 PM.

Thread Information