Thread: Left handed mice?

Thanks

Left handed mice?

Im looking for a mouse which is ergonomically designed for left handed people. I would have bought a mx700/500 but these are designed for right handed people only. I game alot so it would need to be good. Any ideas? Im currently using a microsoft intellimouse v1.1.

Thanks
    MX310 would be what id buy.

however im happy with my mouse, which can be had from ebuyer for £3.50.
    Yes its only 400dpi, but it really doesnt make ANY differnce. Its more a case of finding one thats comfortable and has the right no. of buttons (mine has 5 (inc wheel button) + wheel).
    However mine isnt very comfortable in that its too wide, but theres plenty of others.

You've got red on you.
    Thanks
    a what now?
    Pirates = Win.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by |SilentDeath|
    MX310 would be what id buy.

however im happy with my mouse, which can be had from ebuyer for £3.50.
    Yes its only 400dpi, but it really doesnt make ANY differnce. Its more a case of finding one thats comfortable and has the right no. of buttons (mine has 5 (inc wheel button) + wheel).
    However mine isnt very comfortable in that its too wide, but theres plenty of others.
    Yea tbh i never ever use the 4th and 5th button on my mouse. Ive used the mx700 with my right hand and that felt very comfortable, shame there isnt a left handed version

Thanks
    The new microsoft one is an ambidextrous mouse.

Thanks
    • iranu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene VI
      • CPU:
      • 4670K @4.3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb Samsung Green
      • Storage:
      • 1x 256Gb Samsung 830 SSD 2x640gb HGST raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620W Modular
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Silencio 352
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 ultimate 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" DELL Ultrasharp U2312HM
      • Internet:
      • 16mb broadband
    couple of lefties I know swear by these. I use one too and have no probs.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...s.aspx?pid=004

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iranu
    couple of lefties I know swear by these. I use one too and have no probs.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...s.aspx?pid=004
    Thats the one ive got Just really wanted a change

Banned
    Thanks
    SilentDeath - Would you like to explain why a 400dpi mouse makes 'no difference' over, say a 800dpi Logitech MX310, or a 2100dpi Boomslang?

Personally, I'd rather cut my hands off, than use a mouse with 400dpi now I've got my Boomslang sorted out.

With the mouseball replaced with a heavier one, and teflon strips on the underneath on a Black Ice Mat, its the smoothest, most responsive mouse you can buy,

You find no difference between that and a £3.50 400dpi model?
    Last edited by Stewart; 15-08-2004 at 09:26 PM.

Thanks
    Vaul - no it makes fa difference. DPI = accuracy, not responsivness. ok it can be done to have the effect of doubling the sensitivity... but you can do that with any mouse...
    400dpi is accurate enough. Infact in comparason to the boomslang it is more accurate, due to no mechanical parts. If I moved the mouse quickly in any direction, you can be sure the optical will go nearer to where its suppost to.

The boomslang has to be one of the worse made mouses i have ever used. I had one for 6 months, so yes, I was used to it - used to having the sensitivity so high I could spin round 5 times with just a flick of the mouse.
    However thats not good. Yes you can look round like some crazy person - good for activly looking for people to kill, but any reactions to what happns has a negative effect. Some pops round the corner, makes you jump, and your now looking backwards, away from them, and dead (ok bit of an exageration[sp?], but you get my point).

Anyway back to the quality of this mouse you love so much. The feet dont even touch the mousing surface. The plastic base has guides for the feet to sit in, which are acctually taller than the feet, which is quite pointless. And yes ive measured it with a vernier.
    The textured ball, that you get as stock, is quite crap.
    The ball is too high in the mouse, there is not enough traction between the ball and the pad.
    Of you move the mouse quickly in one direction it has the result of the ball losing traction compleatly and it will just spin round by itself - Im sure youve noticed this
    I had tryed several balls. The one I found best came from a mouse only costing £2.50, new.

Also the boomslang was considerably rushed, so much so that they had to delay them at the last minute (in-adequate testing...), and decrease the dpi by 400.

The boomslang could have been good, but so many corners were cut in its design that it is crap. Razor even said that this mouse is not suitable for low sensitivty gaming, becuase of its flaws - essentially what is needed to play fps's properly. If you would like me to find and quote what they said, I will look tomorrow.

Anyway I think your respose will be interesting... will you try to disprove my claims (with evidence?). I have plenty of evidence about this mouse. Im not interested in what you cant prove.
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 16-08-2004 at 12:06 AM.

Thanks
    Intellimouse V4 is what you want chap.

I can use it comfortably with either hand depending which of them is in pain from my rugby injuries
    Recycling consultant

Banned
    Thanks
    Silent - Well, its horses for courses I suppose. Once I'd used the Boomslang, I was sold. Its by far the most rsponsive mouse I've ever used, and as I said, completely unmatched in terms of in-game accuracy and ease of use, once set up to my liking, which is with a heavier mouseball, teflon strips on the feet and a Black Ice Mat. This set up is the best gaming set-up I have ever used.

What are you on about, you're not interested in things I can't prove? I telling you my opinion that its a quality, brilliant gaming mouse. If you disagree, fair enough.

I'm not going to try and 'disprove' any of your claims and my response will be as interesting as this - for me, the Razor Boomslang 2100 the way I have it set up, is light years ahead of any other mouse I've used, and I've used everything from a cheapo no-name ballmouse, right up to high end optical mice from Microsoft and Logitech.

You don't have any evidence at all mate, you have your opinion, which is that its not very good. You seem to get rather worked up over a mouse,to be honest mate, banging on about evidence and claims.

I say again, my opinion is that the Boomslang is the best gaming mouse money can buy. You can't prove or disprove an opinion. I know whats best for me, and I know everyone who has used the Boomslang the way I have it set up, has been very impressed.

Do you have something personal against the Boomslang or something? If you didn't like yours, fair enough.

Please do find the quote stateing that they might not be suitable for use in FPS; I'll find 20 quotes from various reviews of this mouse on the net, stateing how fantastic it was, in the opinion of the reviewer if you like.

Your opinion may be that 'its crap', fair enough. I think 'its brilliant'. Differing opinions my man.

Its what makes the world go round.

EDIT - As for FPS, its been top notch for me in Doom III, as it was in Far Cry... and Call of Duty, and Halo, and; well, you get the idea.

They do have a problem with long term reliability though, I had to send mine back to GamePlay after 4 months, as the scroll wheel was on the blink. They offered me my money back or a replacement; went for the replacement in a heartbeat. I'm too used to it now to switch to anything else.
    Last edited by Stewart; 16-08-2004 at 01:21 AM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Gibtek.co.uk -

"I was so glad to see this mouse appear again, and now I have been able to use it I must say Terratec have done a great job. Ok there wasn't much to change from the first mouse as it was so good, but they have re-produced a great product. The Boomslang is my favourite mouse, it is the best I have used for games. Maybe for Windows there are other mice that are better suited but for games the Boomslang is the Daddy and he's back!! If they could incorporate force feedback into the next version then that would be awesome."

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/mambaboomslang/ - A link to the DriverHeaven review, where the mouse won the Heavenly Hardware Gold Award.

GeekExtreme.com -

"High speed and precision marry with on the fly sensitivity to make the perfect union of speed and control. Programmable buttons allow for macros, which will keep you from reaching for hard-to-reach keys when fragging your friends. Designed for use by a southpaw just as easily as a righty uses it."

Various reviewers opinions; they liked it. I like it. I recommend anyone looking for the worlds best gaming mouse buys one. I'm sure you can link to bad reviews as well, but as I said, opinions are just that.

Couldn't really find anyone moaning about its performance in FPS games to be honest though mate, quite the opposite, most reviewers seems to find, like me, that its just as superb when playing them as it is when playing anything else.

"Despite the setbacks and problems that Razer has had, they have still managed to come out with one hell of a mouse. Having the fastest, most responsive mouse on the market will surely help you out in any BattleField or CS tournament."

A quote from the nice people at Overclockers Club there.
    Last edited by Stewart; 16-08-2004 at 01:20 AM.

Thanks
    Really? so your not interested in evidence showing a 400dpi mouse is more accurate than the boomslang. Evidence that shows when the mouse is moved quickly (the reson you need it to have high dpi in the first place... - so that it doesnt jump around when mvoed too fast) the ball will just spin randomly. I noticed with mine it had a tendancy to spin in one direction, to the left iirc, when moved too fast. Also there is the effect of spinning backwards, much like that when you look at a car wheel where its moving so fast to trick your eyes to think its moving the other way (at a quick guess, 40 rotations per second of a car wheel would do that, although that does sound a lot... probably eqivalent of 60mph on most cars..)

Having the dpi above a certain level - which I would say 400dpi is plenty in most cases (no reson not to use 800 dpi though... if there wasnt a great difference in cost and features) is not going to let you aim at the sub-attomic level. A pixel is a pixel and you cant aim finer than that, so higher dpi is only usefull for faster movements that would trick the mouse into thinking it had moved a lot further - this does not happen with 400dpi unless you move the mouse VERY fast, which although im a weak lazy git, does start to hurt my hand after a short while.

I dont care what your opinion is. Go play with any other mouse on uber high sensitivty and you will like it just as much, I promise.

How well you play with the mouse is what im not interested in. Im not interested in opinion. Im looking at facts. You say the mouse is better becuase of accuracy, well its not - and I can prove that.

Link to as many reviews as you like. However I think you will find it hard to find many that show all the issues of the mouse, the need to change the ball, filing off the plastic surrounding the feet, using mouseskatez, etc...

And these are issues that are there in EVERY mouse. Just shows how well products are reviewed. Not very well in most cases.

and reviews that say "Programmable buttons allow for macros, which will keep you from reaching for hard-to-reach keys when fragging your friends" are just pathetic. sorry but its true.
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 16-08-2004 at 01:37 AM.

Thanks
    lol... WAR!!! I am not getting in this! I prefer my MX510.. Thats all I'm going to say!

Banned
    Thanks
    Hehe, well you obviously don't like it Silent. I do. Its by far the best mouse I've used, and I've used many, many mice over the years.

Keep smiling mate. Oh, and maybe remove the Razor Boomslang from your sig.

Mine will be staying in it for a long, long time.

Now, its back to Doom III with my X800XT-PE keeping things nice and smooth on the screen and Razor Boomslang 2100 keeping things nice and smooth in my hand. Ahhhh, Its a hard life, but someone's got to do it.
    Last edited by Stewart; 16-08-2004 at 01:43 AM.

Thanks
    My sig needs changing a lot. i cba.

I did like it for a while, but as I said, the quality of it is rubbish. If it was designed properly it could have been very good.

Still the fact remains, its less accurate, if you prefer it or not..

Thread Information