Thread: New Build: P4C 2.6 Adata PC4000

Thanks

New Build: P4C 2.6 Adata PC4000

OK, so the parts arrive today YEA!

Put everything together, has some stange probs with the HD but got past that. XP SP1 installed & all updates, and am now playing about with the BIOS.

One thing that worries me though is that MBM (& Asus Probe) report bizarre temps:[list=1][*]31 degC[*]86 degC[*]-48 degC <YES, MINUS!>[/list=1]There's plenty of fans in the box, the Zalman HS is barely warm, the RAM is a little warmer and the NB passive cooler is cold! I'm running a Prime95 torture test with the bus at 220 - I had it at 260 earlier (yup @ 1:1!) and got into XP and all seemed groovy until Asus probe started beepin at me. VCore is 1.552v right now.

Anyone got any ideas as to what's going on with the (hopefully) duff temp readings? I've flashed the BIOS to 1009.008.

HELP!!

Thanks
    you sure you selected the right mobo?

you sure your mobo is sane?

Thanks
    I'm going to try some Sandra benchmarks to see if maybe the CPU is throttling. What is the 3rd temp supposed to mean? Apparently 1st is MB, 2nd is CPU but dunno what the hell -48 is.

Thanks
    mb cpu and case are usually the three... one cold arse case!

Banned
    Thanks
    Don't worry abotu MBM readings as they're VERY mobo independent. Even the readings in the mobo BIOS tend to be very approximate ... they're more intedned as a relative guide in your setup than a true temp. ie. What effect does adding another HSF or case fan truly have, a reading 5'C lower is probably close (and significant) whether you were really at 55'C to begin with or actually closer to 45'C. Best places to read the temps are in the mobo BIOS and with a sw program specificly designed fro your mobo from the mobo manu. Best of luck!

Thanks
    Originally posted by Austin
    Don't worry abotu MBM readings as they're VERY mobo independent.
    Asus Probe was showing the same, which had me worried. As you say, BIOS readings looked good, about 30 degC and Asus Probe WAS showing the same BEFORE I installed MBM... spot the connection

I uninstalled MBM and rebooted - Asus Probe now showing good readings of 28 degC or so. When I installed MBM there was some option I said yes to, something to do with a hardware interrupt... maybe that's what did it.

Anyhows, left it running at 233 with default voltages overnight and looks solid with no Prime95 errors. Sandra CPU bench was pretty high, coming close to the 3.2Ghz in the database. However the memory bandwith was pretty much the same as the stock i865/i875 - even though CPUZ reports the FSB is 933Mhz Maybe there's some BIOS setting I need to play with?

DRAM frequency set to 400Mhz - presumably simply means 1:1, and not locked. Timings by SPD (3-4-4-8). Everything else pretty much stock, not had much time to fiddle with the BIOS yet.

Thanks
    could always get a special temp probe...

Thanks
    GOOD NEWS!
    Upped the bus to 255 from 233 and mem bandwidth jumped
    CPU is at 3314.8Mhz, FSB 1019.9Mhz, Mem 1:1 3-4-4-8 (by SPD)

Had to increase the vcore, CPUZ showing 1.680v as Prime95 was failing pretty quickly on the default. Maybe I've upped it too far? CPU temp is now 40 degC with Prime95 chugging away, 1024K just finished OK!

What are the practical upper bounds to vcore, vdimm & CPU temp?

Thanks
    now who likes their ADATA memory?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Axion
    now who likes their ADATA memory?
    It truly is the dogs dangly bits and so much cheaper than Corsair, OCZ etc

Thread Information