Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 23

Thread: Quick build check!

  1. #1
    Bows out! CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hopefully somewhere less backstabby
    Posts
    28,789
    Thanks
    3,203
    Thanked
    4,456 times in 3,442 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Quick build check!

    My mate is upgrading his current computer(E6320 and HD4670), to the following parts:
    1.)95W or 125W TDP Phenom II X6
    2.)Asus M5A97 PRO
    3.)8GB DDR3
    4.)A new case

    There will be no overclocking. Upgrade is primarily NOT for gaming.

    His current PSU is a 400W Silverpower SP-SS-400:

    http://forums.hexus.net/pc-hardware/...-thoughts.html

    It is basically a Corsair CX400W.

    A few questions:
    1.)I assume 1.65V RAM will be fine(will try to get 1.5V RAM) with a Phenom II X6. However, does Bulldozer need 1.5V RAM?? TBH,it is more a question of whether Piledriver will need it. However,I don't see the CPU being upgraded for a while.
    2.)With the 400W PSU and say a 125W TDP Phenom II X6 I assume an HD6770 or HD6850 should be fine?? Again,the GPU upgrade is a maybe as the games my mate runs are fine on an HD4670.


    Those despicable Elk,stealing the pond weed!

  2. #2
    ALT0153™ Rob_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,873
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked
    645 times in 439 posts

    Re: Quick build check!

    I'm not sure myself, just wait till CAT pops into the thread....oh....wait....?

    Whats going on here?

  3. Received thanks from:

    CAT-THE-FIFTH (02-12-2011),mycarsavw (02-12-2011),Phage (13-12-2011)

  4. #3
    Bows out! CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hopefully somewhere less backstabby
    Posts
    28,789
    Thanks
    3,203
    Thanked
    4,456 times in 3,442 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: Quick build check!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_B View Post
    I'm not sure myself, just wait till CAT pops into the thread....oh....wait....?

    Whats going on here?
    I am making some confirmations!!

    AFAIK,BD does not need 1.5V RAM but TBH info is rather vague ATM. Secondly,I know the PSU is decent. It "should" be OK,but I just want to confirm a 125W Phenom II X6 and a HD6850 1GB will be fine. The Phenom II X4 CPUs tend to be a bit better under load when compared to a Phenom II X6 even if both share a 125W TDP rating.


    Those despicable Elk,stealing the pond weed!

  5. #4
    Oh Crumbs.... Biscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N. Yorkshire
    Posts
    11,192
    Thanks
    1,392
    Thanked
    1,091 times in 833 posts
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

    Re: Quick build check!

    if there hasn't been any significant noise about voltages for RAM by now then i think its safe to say BD is just as flexible with RAM voltages as P II. 1.5 will be fine.

    6850 and a hex core might be pushing a 400W a little bit. Don't see why it wouldn't work, might be quite high on the load for a lot of the time making the PSU a bit nosier due to the fan spinning up to keep it cool though. I would put it to him that if he wants to upgrade his GPU he might also want to look at a new PSU just to be safe.

  6. Received thanks from:

    CAT-THE-FIFTH (01-12-2011)

  7. #5
    Not a good person scaryjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    15,021
    Thanks
    1,191
    Thanked
    2,239 times in 1,842 posts
    • scaryjim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Dell Inspiron
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 8250U
      • Memory:
      • 1x 8GB DDR4 2400
      • Storage:
      • 128GB M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon R5 230
      • PSU:
      • Battery/Dell brick
      • Case:
      • Dell Inspiron 5570
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15" 1080p laptop panel

    Re: Quick build check!

    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    6850 and a hex core might be pushing a 400W a little bit ...
    Don't see that, tbh. Hexus tested the HIS 6850 IceQ X Turbo on an i7 980X / X58 platform, and pulled 221W during gameplay and 254W in Furmark. The stock card in those reviews was even less power hungry (197W/235W). As a platform PII Hex + AMD 970 should be less power hungry than i7 980X + Intel X58, so a 400W PSU should have plenty of overhead.

  8. Received thanks from:

    CAT-THE-FIFTH (02-12-2011)

  9. #6
    Oh Crumbs.... Biscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N. Yorkshire
    Posts
    11,192
    Thanks
    1,392
    Thanked
    1,091 times in 833 posts
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

    Re: Quick build check!

    Fair point. Its worth pointing out that in real life, once you have plugged up all your hard drives, USB devices, fans, DVD drives etc that can add up to an extra 50-100W depending on what you have. Its also worth poinging out that we dont know how old the PSU is so the componants may have degraded, dropping its actual capabilities even further.

  10. #7
    Senior Member Pob255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The land of Brum
    Posts
    9,945
    Thanks
    572
    Thanked
    1,196 times in 1,099 posts
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • PhenomII x4 955 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • 2x 4gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz cas9
      • Storage:
      • 250gb SATA Westerndigital + 500gb samsung +1tb Samsung
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX560ti CuII
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet E9 680w
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 21" ips something

    Re: Quick build check!

    PSU will be fine with the 4670, I'd stick with a single pci-e connector card (ie 6850 or 6770) for safety.

    How I do question a Pii x6 over an i5 2500, does depend on the use, but for the majority of things the i5 will beat the Pii x6 and cost around the same.
    If you're not overclocking then there's no need for a higher end motherboard

    Just checked the x6 have dropped in price with the 1075t coming in at around £125 now, which does make it about £25 cheaper than the i5 2400, just the 2400 still beats it in a the vast majority of tests.
    It's also less power hungry

    Ram voltage wise the PhenomII and AthlonII are very resistant as they where designed for the original 1.7-1.8v DDR3 and also to cope with DDR2 1.8-2.4v.
    AFAIK there's been no real change in the core i ram controller, so it's rated as 1.5-1.65v Personally I'd not like to run 1.65v ram on a core i as you'd be pushing that to near it's limit constantly.
    But there's plenty of cheap DDR3 1.5v around, 1333mhz or 1600mhz cas9, around £35
    I don't think we've seen any major complaints on ram voltages, because it's very hard to find the old high voltage stuff now and much of it was 1333mhz.
    Interestingly most of the current DDR3 ram chips don't seem to respond much to voltage increases for overclocking so having 1.5v ram is no great issue.

  11. Received thanks from:

    CAT-THE-FIFTH (02-12-2011)

  12. #8
    Bows out! CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hopefully somewhere less backstabby
    Posts
    28,789
    Thanks
    3,203
    Thanked
    4,456 times in 3,442 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: Quick build check!

    Quote Originally Posted by scaryjim View Post
    Don't see that, tbh. Hexus tested the HIS 6850 IceQ X Turbo on an i7 980X / X58 platform, and pulled 221W during gameplay and 254W in Furmark. The stock card in those reviews was even less power hungry (197W/235W). As a platform PII Hex + AMD 970 should be less power hungry than i7 980X + Intel X58, so a 400W PSU should have plenty of overhead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Fair point. Its worth pointing out that in real life, once you have plugged up all your hard drives, USB devices, fans, DVD drives etc that can add up to an extra 50-100W depending on what you have. Its also worth poinging out that we dont know how old the PSU is so the componants may have degraded, dropping its actual capabilities even further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pob255 View Post
    PSU will be fine with the 4670, I'd stick with a single pci-e connector card (ie 6850 or 6770) for safety.
    Thanks!! Considering the budget too an HD6770 or HD6850 would look fine for the rig. The was bought in January so is not too old and still has a warranty from Scan. OTH,the HD4670 might suffice for his needs for a while longer(seems OK ATM).


    Quote Originally Posted by Pob255 View Post
    How I do question a Pii x6 over an i5 2500, does depend on the use, but for the majority of things the i5 will beat the Pii x6 and cost around the same.
    If you're not overclocking then there's no need for a higher end motherboard

    Just checked the x6 have dropped in price with the 1075t coming in at around £125 now, which does make it about £25 cheaper than the i5 2400, just the 2400 still beats it in a the vast majority of tests.
    It's also less power hungry
    Do you think I would suggest a Phenom II X6 for the lolz??

    The closest competition to the 95W 1045T(£104)and the 125W 1075T(£123) is the i3 2130 at £112:

    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel...tio-65w-retail

    My i3 2100 is great but probably not so much in this case.

    The main use of the PC is for running a specific program.

    He is keeping one core free to run the OS so he can actually use the PC for web-browsing and word processing when the PC is running the application. Before on a dual core(the motherboard cannot run quad cores properly) he could run one instance of the program. With two instances 4GB of RAM was not enough.

    Sciencemark is the nearest I can find to a similar sort of program(the actual program is not that new so does not take advantage of newer extensions and is single threaded). From the results I have seen,the worst one indicates a Core i5 2300 is 25% faster per core than a Phenom II X6 1055T in this program and 21% faster than a Phenom II X6 1075T. It would put the 1045T at around 27% slower per core. Some other reviews show closer results though.

    However,the X6 can run two more instances concurrently. This is a 67% increase in throughput over a Core i5 2300. Basically 5 cores against 3. It actually works out better as it means more data is generated in one run overall(even if it takes a bit longer on the Phenom II X6). So say one run(three instances) is for 24 hours on the Core i5 2300. The Phenom II 1045T might take 30.5 hours for five instances. However,with the Phenom II there would 67% more data sets(5 against 3).

    I was also looking at the MyriMatch proteomics results on The Tech Report and a Phenom II X6 1075T is ahead of a Core i5 2500K if all cores are used(this is multi-threaded though).

    TBH,power consumption is not his major concern as he probably is going to get the 1045T if possible. It is a 95W TDP CPU. However,this has been out of stock for a while from Scan.

    Regarding the motherboard, I looked at some cheaper motherboards too. They need to be full ATX and have 4 RAM slots as 8GB might not be enough. The motherboard needs at least one SATA3.0 port(SSD might be added at some point in the future), at least a USB3.0 port and e-SATA. It was either Gigabyte or Asus(not sure about MSI motherboards now for AMD setups). These motherboards tend to be between £70 to £80 anyway.

    Anyway he got the Asus for £77.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pob255 View Post
    Ram voltage wise the PhenomII and AthlonII are very resistant as they where designed for the original 1.7-1.8v DDR3 and also to cope with DDR2 1.8-2.4v.
    AFAIK there's been no real change in the core i ram controller, so it's rated as 1.5-1.65v Personally I'd not like to run 1.65v ram on a core i as you'd be pushing that to near it's limit constantly.
    But there's plenty of cheap DDR3 1.5v around, 1333mhz or 1600mhz cas9, around £35
    I don't think we've seen any major complaints on ram voltages, because it's very hard to find the old high voltage stuff now and much of it was 1333mhz.
    Interestingly most of the current DDR3 ram chips don't seem to respond much to voltage increases for overclocking so having 1.5v ram is no great issue.
    I forget the AMD memory controllers are probably a bit more robust so any reasonably modern DDR3 RAM should be fine.
    Last edited by CAT-THE-FIFTH; 02-12-2011 at 02:28 AM.


    Those despicable Elk,stealing the pond weed!

  13. #9
    Senior Member kalniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,084
    Thanks
    1,494
    Thanked
    2,918 times in 2,365 posts
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X58A UD3R rev 2
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon X5680
      • Memory:
      • 12gb DDR3 2000
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • O2 8mbps

    Re: Quick build check!

    Hi Cat,

    Did you know we have a dedicated forum for build checks - you can find it here:
    http://forums.hexus.net/review-my-build/



    (In all seriousness - it'll help to move this thread there if not for this query, then because it'll build up a forum of useful builds that someone can browse before asking for a new one themselves)

  14. Received thanks from:

    CAT-THE-FIFTH (02-12-2011)

  15. #10
    Senior Member Pob255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The land of Brum
    Posts
    9,945
    Thanks
    572
    Thanked
    1,196 times in 1,099 posts
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • PhenomII x4 955 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • 2x 4gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz cas9
      • Storage:
      • 250gb SATA Westerndigital + 500gb samsung +1tb Samsung
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX560ti CuII
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet E9 680w
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 21" ips something

    Re: Quick build check!

    @CAT, ahhh I see what you're doing here, running multiple instances each on a single core, with one core to run everything else.
    Very cleaver.

    Have you looked at the BD? granted if it's doing floating point calculations then it's not going to be much use but if you can get 2 instances running per "module" then this might be an even better cpu.

    It's a bit more money but would lower cas ram be of any help?
    http://www.ebuyer.com/180490-g-skill...2800cl7d-4gbrm
    http://www.ebuyer.com/274059-g-skill...2800cl7d-8gbxh

  16. Received thanks from:

    CAT-THE-FIFTH (02-12-2011)

  17. #11
    Bows out! CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hopefully somewhere less backstabby
    Posts
    28,789
    Thanks
    3,203
    Thanked
    4,456 times in 3,442 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: Quick build check!

    Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    Hi Cat,

    Did you know we have a dedicated forum for build checks - you can find it here:
    http://forums.hexus.net/review-my-build/



    (In all seriousness - it'll help to move this thread there if not for this query, then because it'll build up a forum of useful builds that someone can browse before asking for a new one themselves)
    Old habits die hard - did not bother checking! It would be a good idea though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pob255 View Post
    @CAT, ahhh I see what you're doing here, running multiple instances each on a single core, with one core to run everything else.
    Very cleaver.

    Have you looked at the BD? granted if it's doing floating point calculations then it's not going to be much use but if you can get 2 instances running per "module" then this might be an even better cpu.

    It's a bit more money but would lower cas ram be of any help?
    http://www.ebuyer.com/180490-g-skill...2800cl7d-4gbrm
    http://www.ebuyer.com/274059-g-skill...2800cl7d-8gbxh
    I was thinking of Bulldozer but ATM a Phenom II X6 seems a safer choice. The upgrade path will be I suspect an 8 thread PD or later stepping of BD(depending of it is any good at the application). Regarding the RAM he said he got this:

    http://www.dabs.com/products/kingsto...T1.html?src=15

    It is 1.65V though. Hopefully,BD and PD will be fine with 1.65V RAM although it can run at 1333MHZ at 1.5V it seems. Funnily enough OcUK uses it in their SB builds??


    Those despicable Elk,stealing the pond weed!

  18. #12
    Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Last Aerie
    Posts
    10,830
    Thanks
    645
    Thanked
    870 times in 734 posts
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

    Re: Quick build check!

    Is there enough of a price difference between the 1.5 and 1.65v RAM to not go for the 1.5 stuff? It seems to me that it is a minimal cost future-proofing.....and as history tells us; while RAM may be dirt cheap today, it might not be tomorrow!
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Lenovo Flex 2 / 12GB RAM / 240GB Corsair Force 3 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: HTC One U11 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM12.1 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

  19. #13
    Bows out! CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hopefully somewhere less backstabby
    Posts
    28,789
    Thanks
    3,203
    Thanked
    4,456 times in 3,442 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: Quick build check!

    Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Is there enough of a price difference between the 1.5 and 1.65v RAM to not go for the 1.5 stuff? It seems to me that it is a minimal cost future-proofing.....and as history tells us; while RAM may be dirt cheap today, it might not be tomorrow!
    I would have preferred 1.5V RAM but,the main issue he has to consider postage too as the budget is tight. We had a look at Dabs and Amazon and the 1.5V stuff we wanted was not in stock at the time. Ideally we would want the parts to be here next week.

    Supposedly,it will run fine at 1.5V and 1600MHZ according to a few forums,so hopefully it will be fine!


    Those despicable Elk,stealing the pond weed!

  20. #14
    Senior Member Pob255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The land of Brum
    Posts
    9,945
    Thanks
    572
    Thanked
    1,196 times in 1,099 posts
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • PhenomII x4 955 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • 2x 4gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz cas9
      • Storage:
      • 250gb SATA Westerndigital + 500gb samsung +1tb Samsung
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX560ti CuII
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet E9 680w
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 21" ips something

    Re: Quick build check!

    even if it doesn't, running at 1333mhz 1.5v which it can do shouldn't be a major issue (although it does depend on the software) for general use the only reason I suggest 1600mhz is because it's often cheaper than 1333mhz.

  21. #15
    Bows out! CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hopefully somewhere less backstabby
    Posts
    28,789
    Thanks
    3,203
    Thanked
    4,456 times in 3,442 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: Quick build check!

    I got round to building the computer this weekend. The Fractal R3 is quite a nice case. I managed to get hold of the 125W TDP AMD stock cooler to replace the bundled cooler. The build actually is relatively quiet even under OCCT.

    The specifications are as follows:
    1.)Phenom II X6 1045T 95W
    2.)Asus M5A97 Pro
    3.)8GB Kingston HyperX Genesis
    4.)Sapphire HD4670



    Those despicable Elk,stealing the pond weed!

  22. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Cornwall/Weston-Super-Mare
    Posts
    5,337
    Thanks
    438
    Thanked
    309 times in 262 posts
    • Behemoth's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte mATX
      • CPU:
      • Phenom 2 X2 555 BE
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gig DDR3 Corsair XMS 3 1600 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 4 TB's Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 OC2
      • PSU:
      • OCZ StealthStream 2 600 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x23LED
      • Internet:
      • BT Broadband

    Re: Quick build check!

    Nice clean build that, would love to get mine a s tidy as that !

  23. Received thanks from:

    CAT-THE-FIFTH (13-12-2011)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •