Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

Thanks

What do you think?

Simple question: Do you think it is worth me getting a new Mobile 1500+ Thoroughbred (and a Thermaltake Volcano 12) to replace my 1800+. I might sell the 1800+ to make up some of the cost if I do get it.

Thanks

Mike
    "Well, there was your Uncle Tiberius who died wrapped in cabbage leaves but we assumed that was a freak accident."

Thanks
    Definitely
    Or better still the 2400+ mobile 35W if you have a few extra pounds
    Knight 1: We are now no longer the Knights who say Ni.
    Knight 2: NI.
    Other Knights: Shh...
    Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say..."Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenPiggy
    Definitely
    if you have a few extra pounds
    Unfortunately not! Still, 2400mhz is still pretty good when its only £30!
    "Well, there was your Uncle Tiberius who died wrapped in cabbage leaves but we assumed that was a freak accident."

Thanks
    Well, I can say the volcano 12 is the mutts nuts! So whatever CPU you stick under it - be ready to o/c
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Richard Allen Evans mr_anderson187's Avatar
    Thanks
    here here kez, i found the volcano 11+ to be slightly better imho, i thought the 12 looked a bit uhh odd, with its 3 fins. its a bit odd the ywa people buy any old mikey mouse cooling 80mm fan that looks good but shifts around 30cfm, whereas all the volcano modles (7-12) shift 95cfm, its a joke, BUY VOLCANO I TELL YOU!!!, coupled with the hardcano 12 (which i priudly own), they are the mutts nutts!!!
    Under Development...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson187
    here here kez, i found the volcano 11+ to be slightly better imho
    In what way? Just the looks, or the amount of air it pushes?

Thanks
    Well when the fan on my volcano 12 is turned to full it pushes ample air. It also has 4 times as many fins as the previous heatsink that was on the CPU

When I went to the shop I said "just give me the biggest hsf you've got!"
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kez
    Well when the fan on my volcano 12 is turned to full it pushes ample air. It also has 4 times as many fins as the previous heatsink that was on the CPU
    That's just about made my mind up if I'm going to get a new heatsink.

Quote Originally Posted by Kez
    When I went to the shop I said "just give me the biggest hsf you've got!"
    I like your attitude!

Thanks
    http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/volcano/rs/a1745.htm - I presume you've looked at specs and reviews already, but if you haven't make sure you do.

The only gripe is I found it a tad tricky to install - but that's to be exptected for such a big monster, and although fiddly, it wasn't half as bad as it could have been, thanks to a pretty good design.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();

Thanks
    I've just swapped to one - impressed, swapped to an antec overture case and my old zalman 6000 wouldn't fit but I've found the Volcano 12 did a better job (only just fits). Swapped the three blade fan to a normal smartfan though due to noise.

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    Why not get a decent processor in the first place? At least a Tbred B...? Or a 2500+
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Richard Allen Evans mr_anderson187's Avatar
    Thanks
    i think the differnece between the 11 and the 12 isa only skin deep meaning, i preferred the 11 cos it looked more liek a fan, but if u wana go fro cool weird sh1t3 the 12 is better, the cfm for each fan i think is the same, and there both verrrrrrrry good fans, i can o/c my 1700 1.46ghz >>>> 2.16ghz and still keep 20c , the are classic fans and imho 5the best fans out there, scru ure aero 76, and ure zalman passive jobies, big monsters are the way 4ward, and uif u tunr it down to its lowest via the varius 5 icn, pci slot , and small contoller thing uget with it , its silent as a bug, really all u need ot buy is the 7+, cos it coe s with heatsink and fan, and its the ssame fan as in the 11+ , and with the 7+ u also get a collio led grille thing, wihich is nice, and a bitchin heatsink, as well as the controlers., and the heatsink with it , lets u use any 80mm fabn around wity its monmuting holes on it

THERMALTAKE U RULE MY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Under Development...

Tom
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard
    Why not get a decent processor in the first place? At least a Tbred B...? Or a 2500+

because the mobiles are really cheap, and ARE tbred Bs? if they arent tbred B's who cares they are as fast and overclock like feck due to lower voltages but abilitility to run at higher ones if i had the money i'd swap the 1700+ for a mobile of some variety, but 2.4ghz from a chip that cost me £45 more than a year ago does me fine

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson187
    i think the differnece between the 11 and the 12 isa only skin deep meaning, i preferred the 11 cos it looked more liek a fan, but if u wana go fro cool weird sh1t3 the 12 is better, the cfm for each fan i think is the same, and there both verrrrrrrry good fans, i can o/c my 1700 1.46ghz >>>> 2.16ghz and still keep 20c , the are classic fans and imho 5the best fans out there, scru ure aero 76, and ure zalman passive jobies, big monsters are the way 4ward, and uif u tunr it down to its lowest via the varius 5 icn, pci slot , and small contoller thing uget with it , its silent as a bug, really all u need ot buy is the 7+, cos it coe s with heatsink and fan, and its the ssame fan as in the 11+ , and with the 7+ u also get a collio led grille thing, wihich is nice, and a bitchin heatsink, as well as the controlers., and the heatsink with it , lets u use any 80mm fabn around wity its monmuting holes on it

THERMALTAKE U RULE MY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pardon?

And Tom... I'd rather have a decent CPU in the first place. Say, a 2500+. Then run it at 3200 or even higher
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Thanks
    Where can you get the thermaltake volcano 12 from? Looked on ebuyer but it looks like they only have one for amd 64, I’m after one for athlon xp.

Thanks
    a few spots do them but cpucity is the cheapest that I saw - £16 before postage. Most other spots had them at over 20. I was lucky with mine. Got it off a b list for just over a tenner.

Thread Information