Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: jiuhb dlt3c xp1700,where can i buy 1?

w33d smoka
    Thanks

jiuhb dlt3c xp1700,where can i buy 1?

hi there

any1 got a link to a decent retailer of this processor?
    i was gonna buy 1 from cpu city but they dont seem to stock them now since the site has been upgraded,they only do the xp1800 upover,also are the dlt3c 1,s the chips with 1.5 voltage ?

Thanks
    Hmmm, can't help you on finding an xp1700+ jiuhb, but the next best thing would be either the xp1800+ jiuhb or an xp2100+ aiuhb. I know Cpu City stock the aiuhb 2100+ and they aint a lot more expensive than the 1700. Yes the DLT3C means 1.5v.

Banned
    Thanks
    Yes as said DLT3C is 1.50v stock while DUT3C is 1.60v (a K in that place means 1.65v like Bartons use).

Anyway it doesn't make much difference so long as you are 100% sure it is a TbredB or Barton chip. XP2500+ are always Barton, to ensure TbredB you should ideally either have TbredB stated or else JUIHB or AUIHB type codes. Another way is to buy an XP2400+ as that is always TbredB ... but then Barton XP2500+ is a much better buy and only £10 more. Otherwise you could trust in AMD's datasheets (slight gamble) where ...

XP2200+: AXDA2200DKV3C=TbredA - AXDA2200DUV3C=TbredB.
    XP1700+ to XP2100+: AX1700DMT3C=polly - AXDA1700DKT3C=TbredA - AXDA2000DLT3C=TbredA OR B - AXDA1700DUT3C=TbredB. AMD's datasheets don't actually show XP1900+ at all for TbredB.

Most sites only declare Tbred so you could end up with TbredA although that's only common now in XP1900+ and XP2200+ chips. Sites you could try are...

www.cpucitystore.co.uk
    XP1800+ & XP200+ AIWGA & AIUGA are both TbredA (avoid)
    XP2100+ AIUHB is TbredB £53
    XP2500+ Barton £70

www.dabs.com
    XP1700+ DLT3C & DUT3C £37 (could be A or B, DUT should be TbredB according to AMD)
    XP2500+ Barton £70

www.komplett.co.uk
    XP1800+ Tbred £39 (could be A or B)
    XP2500+ Barton £71

www.refreshcomputers.com (an email and they will confirm TbredB)
    XP2000+ Tbred £45 (could be A or B)
    XP2500+ Barton £76

www.aria.co.uk
    XP1700+ £39 (in comments they say Tbred but could be A or B)
    XP2500+ £70

www.savastore.com
    currently off-line

www.cclcomputers.co.uk
    so slooowwww...
    XP2000+ Tbred £48 (could be A or B)
    XP2500+ Barton £75

www.scan.co.uk
    XP1800+ £46 (not even a mention of Tbred!)
    XP2500+ Barton £78

www.novatech.co.uk
    XP2000+ Tbred £46 (could be A or B)
    XP2500+ Barton £76

www.simply.co.uk
    XP1700+ £43 (lots of info but nothing even saying Tbred)
    XP2500+ Barton £70

www.insight.com/uk/
    XP1800+ DUT3C £46 (TbredB according to AMD)
    XP2500+ Barton £74

www.over-clock.co.uk/
    XP1700+ TbredB £47 (look after the TbredA section)
    XP2500+ boxed £82

www.overclock.co.uk
    XP2000+ £50 (states 0.13mu so is Tbred but unknown A or B)
    XP2500+ Barton £78

www.overclockers.co.uk
    XP1800+ Tbred £41 (A or B)
    XP2500+ Barton £71

www.pcnextday.co.uk
    XP1700+ Tbred £38 (A or B)
    XP2500+ Barton £70

- - - - - - -

So those who guarantee TbredB are:

www.over-clock.co.uk/
    XP1700+ £47

www.cpucitystore.co.uk
    XP2100+ £53

If you get the XP2100+ your mobo may not understand the 5th FID bit as it uses a 13x multiplier by default, you may be stuck with that multiplier or unable to use the lower multiplier depending upon your mobo. Or you could simply get a Barton (£70) so long as your mobo can at least handle 333FSB and has at least PC2700.

EDIT:

EDIT:

It seems PClinks (I've never used them) don't guarantee any steppings BUT do let you specify the stepping / markings you want and also allow you to stipulate termination of the order should they not have the desired code. So you could buy from them and specify you want a J___B or possibly A___B (the B ensures TbredB) ideally in XP1700+ form. If you buy from them be sure to share your experiences. Prices...

http://www.pclincs.co.uk/acatalog/P...tore_AMD_3.html
    XP1700+ £35
    XP2500+ £70
    Last edited by Austin; 27-08-2003 at 04:52 AM.

In a place called VERTIGO CrapshoT's Avatar
    Thanks
    excellent post Austin m8 lots of useful info there obviousley spent alot of time doing homework
    well done m8 \m/-_-\m/
    ive just sold my 1700xp jiuhb and bought a 2500xp barton
    any idea what decent steppings are for the bartons m8 lol
    Farts are like children.....You always love you're Own.!!!
    Wise Men learn from Other people's mistake's...Fool's learn from their OWN.!!!

Thanks
    • mrbios's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8P67
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500k
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston
      • Storage:
      • 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 + 80GB X25-M
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD 7950
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750w
      • Case:
      • Modded lian li armoursuit
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hazro HZ27WC - Glass front
    Originally posted by Austin

www.overclockers.co.uk
    XP1800+ Tbred £41 (A or B)
    XP2500+ Barton £71

theres the best one (sry i tend to swear by OCuk now dont buy anywhere else unless OCuk dont and wnt stock it)

very nice post thar sa'h

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanx guys. It seems all Barton cores and steppings are top notch, should all easily hit at least 2.1ghz and most should do 2.2ghz (400FSB XP3200+) with no more than 1.70v. Barton @ 2.2ghz should yield perf around a TbredB @ 2.3ghz ... nice! Of course you could easily exceed 2.2ghz ... Barton tend to do as well as TbredB!

You are feeling sleepy... acidrainy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Originally posted by mrbios
    theres the best one (sry i tend to swear by OCuk now dont buy anywhere else unless OCuk dont and wnt stock it)

very nice post thar sa'h
    Just pray you don't have to rely on them sending you out missing thumbscrews...

Its almost 2 months if not more now that i have been waiting on them arrive........

Banned
    Thanks
    I'd heard OCuk were a little hit and miss in the old support ... but then most companies are now-a-days anyway. Dabs are my top choice although I use Komplett quite often too.

Thanks
    I have to admit, cpucity have the best aftercare I've come across.
    Had a problem with my motherboard when I first got it (failed post after 2 days of use :/).

I sent it back and the next day I had a shiny new one.
    The delivery guy was the same person and he actually informed me that I did not have to send it back myself as he knows that shop will actually pick the items up for no charge!

Just a pity I panicked and sent it off straight away rather than waiting for the courier to collect it

EDIT: The person I spoke to on the phone was very understanding and I felt confident he could help me out
    When phoning ocuk about the thumbscrews (on many occasions) I'm left wondering what, if anything, will arrive.
    Last edited by acidrainy; 26-08-2003 at 01:11 AM.

w33d smoka
    Thanks
    thnx for the info fellas,

once again austin great reply (always so informative and helpful) tell me does the difference between the dlt3c 1.5v and dut3c 1.6v have any bearing on the overall temperatures,for example does the 1.5v run any cooler or clock any better than the 1.6v?

i dont realy suppose like u said it makes any difference now anyway as ive fitted a70mm intake fan to my sn41g2 and boy does it help with the temps (although it is quite noisey @ full rpm) my new temps with the current xp2400 and 70mm intake are now between 35c-38c (idle) and 42-44c max (stressed) where as before when the shuttle was standard cooling depending on ambient temperature sometimes the xp2400 could reach over 48c (idle) and 55c (stressed) but these would be worst case scenarios on the past few weeks where its been absolutlely boiling in britain,but even then comparing my sk41g using its xp1800 1.76v and standard cooling the temps in the sk41g are a shocking 48c (idle) and 55c (stressed)

i do appologise for asking so many questions etc but i find it all very confusing reguarding overclocking/stepping codes/voltages etc i realy am just learning the basics now after 4 years of messing around with pc,s (shame on me,lol)!

so would u say to be safe austin that i shud avoid "all" thourobred A,s and stick with "all" thourobred B,s?

Thanks
    Originally posted by micovwar
    thnx for the info fellas,

once again austin great reply (always so informative and helpful) tell me does the difference between the dlt3c 1.5v and dut3c 1.6v have any bearing on the overall temperatures,for example does the 1.5v run any cooler or clock any better than the 1.6v?
    Yes the 1.5v's run cooler and will eventually clock better than the 1.6v's
    Generally, when comparing similar CPU's. The lower the default voltage, the better the chip.

i do appologise for asking so many questions etc but i find it all very confusing reguarding overclocking/stepping codes/voltages etc i realy am just learning the basics now after 4 years of messing around with pc,s (shame on me,lol)!

so would u say to be safe austin that i shud avoid "all" thourobred A,s and stick with "all" thourobred B,s?
    There is an excellent review, with lots of clocking/voltage information, over here (unfortunately the pictures are now missing though :/)
    If you can get a hold of one, the XP1700+ JIUHB DLT3C is the chip of choice! Failing that, I would recommend B's over A's

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by mrbios

very nice post thar sa'h
    A dying breed without doubt.
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

w33d smoka
    Thanks
    thnx acidrainy,hey has any1 ever said "u look very pretty in ure pic" ,sorry been wantin to say that 4 ages

Thanks
    thnx acidrainy,hey has any1 ever said "u look very pretty in ure pic" ,sorry been wantin to say that 4 ages
    No sharking on the forums please.

Thanks
    Yes its been said before
    Take a closer look, the picture is not of me though

I hope the info about the CPU's helps you out

Thanks
    i dont know whether to take the risk with dabs... it SHOULD be a B as Austin said... but will it....

hmm if it isnt i could complain to amd i suppose... what dua guys think?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information