Thread: Enermax Aurora Issues

Thanks

Enermax Aurora Issues

Just bought one of these keyboards a couple of weeks ago from scan and seem to be having an intermittent problem with it. When it first arrived I plugged it into a 4 port hub I have along with a bluetooth adaptor and a sensor for a generic media centre remote, after a couple of hours idle, or if being heavily used it seemed to be turning itself off. Assuming this was a lack of power I then bought a usb extension cable to plug it straight into a usb port, now the issue is less frequent but I can be assured that if I turn on the PC in the morning, then go to work by the time I come back around 10 hours later I'll have to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in to get it working again. The system isn't set up to sleep, only the monitor turns off, I've tried changing it around the ports, front and back and even unplugging the hub but I'm still having issues.

Have I perhaps missed something or is this going to need RMA'd? I'm reluctant to just RMA it for such an unpredictable failure.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Enermax Aurora Issues

You could try a setting in windows 7 that may help you. try this.

START > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Change Screen saver > Change Power Settings > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > USB settings > USB selective Suspend Setting >

after clicking all those steps try set USB selective suspend setting to "Disabled"

Dunno if that will fix it but worth a try before RMA'ing ur product.

Thanks

Thanks, I'll give that a go and see how I get on.

Thanks

Unfortunately that hasn't helped either. I'll contact Enermax and RMA it if required. Thanks.

Thread Information