Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Suggestions for mouse to replace Logitech G5(suffering from cable design fault)

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Re: Suggestions for mouse to replace Logitech G5(suffering from cable design fault)

Quote Originally Posted by Bagnaj97 View Post
    A bad workman always blames his tools. Swap mice next time you're down and I'll still kick your arse at a game of your choosing!*

Tbh though I don't find high dps mice all they're cracked up to be. I only ever switch the mouse between 800-1000 dpi iirc depending if I'm in Windows or Debian, simply due to their differing default mouse settings, I don't recall ever switching DPI for gaming! I bought my G9 for the adjustable weights+grips and decent build quality more than anything else. I'd be perfectly happy with one of those Dell mice, apart from the fact that that the feet on them are crap, they scrape rather than slide over surfaces!

I do however swear by a decent mouse surface, going from just the desk to a gaming mousemat massively improved tracking. Cheap mousemats are no better than a desk, that goes for both plastic and fabric imho. I've got no idea about hard topped gaming mousemats but a decent cloth mousemat is my weapon of choice. The downside to cloth mousemats is that they do accumulate dirt/grease, even if they don't look dirty - I stick mine in with the washing occasionally and mouse movement becomes noticeably less sticky!

In your case I'd stick with the Dell and just buy some replacement PTFE mouse feet and a decent mousemat. The SteelSeries Surface QcK mats are reasonably priced on Amazon, at least in comparison to some gaming mats!

*TF2 excluded
    TF2 it is then!!

Like I mentioned to you, the feet on the Dell do seem to lack enough glide which, which probably was why I could not aim to save my life at the last LAN - I was nearly last in the FPS games,which is a poor showing by my standards.

Tried the G5,but it was dying and sensitivity was more like 400DPI(the light was randomly flickering on the mouse).

I have ordered some adhesive teflon tape and might get the mousemat at some point too.

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Re: Suggestions for mouse to replace Logitech G5(suffering from cable design fault)

I have to say i did notice a difference when i bought a decent mousemat instead of just using the desk. Its hard to say if the difference was in the performance from the laser being able to detect the surface better or if it was just the smoother ride over the surface but it definately helped!

Also i think i have one of those dell mice which i tend to carry around with my work laptop. Its allright but its not ergonomics enough for constant use IMO.

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    After e-mailing them again,they have told me to send the mice back. After they checked them they will send a warranty replacement if the issues are confirmed.

Will post back on how it goes!
    It seems the Logitech RMA base is in Leeds. Logitech uses RM Parcelpost second class recorded. I got a bit of a scare,but after a week RM managed to find where Leeds was located!!

Actually when I said e-mailing them back,I actually made a list of many threads in their own forum mentioning the problem and basically told them why I had a problem with the voucher offer. I was not certain how they would respond TBH!! I think because I had shown, I had bought a lot of their previous higher end products,they changed their response which was nice and the CS agent seemed quite reasonable.

However,in the end it did turn out well!!

So a big thank you for Logitech CS in the end.

Last edited by CAT-THE-FIFTH; 29-06-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Qualified Eye-Tician Iron Sights's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Iron Sights's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GA-970A-UDP3
      • CPU:
      • FX 8350
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • not enough
      • Graphics card(s):
      • R9 380
      • PSU:
      • XFX 450w
      • Case:
      • Antec 902
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2411z 144Hz
      • Internet:
      • Rupert Murdock :(

awesome glad it worked out for you

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread Information